X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

Maybe it's actually blasé mode.

2. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

Yeah, jump cuts are the worst, but I'd imagine the video would have been closer to or even more than 60 minutes had he shown the transformation in its entirety without any cuts.

3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't wait to see BSF breaking it.

• Like Like x 12
  4. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Well, that seals it. I’m happy to skip the shells. Imo, it definitely looks better with out them. It would have been nice if they offered the accessory pack in multiple sets. 1 for the shells for those that want them, another for the car guns for those that want them and so on. I’d like to get the car guns and maybe one of the IDW Menasor faces but otherwise I have no interest in the rest of the accessory set.

Oh well, looks like I’ll be happy with Menasor and the Stunticons as they are. I’m really looking forward to February when the trailer arrives (hopefully) *crosses fingers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MysticFortune

I'm calling it now. Once people have the Trailer in hand, at least 5 people will post images of their Menasor/Monolith head showing how they managed to snap off the antenna either midway or entirely during transformation.

I think I saw a screw on the underside of that neck panel. I might actually remove the head entirely until the end of the transformation so as not to damage the antenna.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Ragnar454

Ragnar454 Well-Known Member

Are there rachets in the elbows and knees? I couldn't hear clicks in the video. It seems like he has the FT OS wobble in the hips but front to back.

7. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

I think it looks great, the trailer/Monolith body. I *THINK* the shells are unnecessary, but I didn't have the sound on to know when they were put on.

Is this really ready to go sometime next month??

8. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    He didnt show attaching the shells but looks like they just clip on over the top pretty easily

All said, I still like the look of the shells but if anyone wants the guns/blast fx/faces let me know :p 

9. Blaque_Ravage

Blaque_Ravage The Beast From The East

Looks great, the car shells making his arms bigger I like it, reminds me of the cartoon how suddenly large the arm cars are when combined compared to the legs.

however I’m worried about those friction joints on the legs forward movements. He’s a large heavy combiner.... @ibot I know lots of development went to improvements on the trailer Is it possible something can be changed? Will it be a issue causing it lean forward or back.

10. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Yup. Much better without the shells imo. So much better proportionally. I'd only want the laser effects and remote control from the accessory kit personally.

Also, first MP combiner to have butterfly shoulder joints? Looks like he has enough forward thigh movement to go quite high, coupled with the ab crunch and butterfly shoulders he should be able to pose in some very natural dynamic poses.

• Like Like x 2
  11. MysticFortune

I like how I make the comment about the lack of ratcheted forward and backward hips last night and I'm somehow the asshole, because I got the information without watching Bens video... and was accused of jumping to conclusions without having evidence. However, now that the video is public and everyone is seeing it. The majority are coming to the same conclusion I did. Hell Ben himself even made it a point to express his concern over the choice of friction instead of ratchets.

• Like Like x 7
  12. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

No foward hip ratchets? Friction joints on a combiner?!! The actual fuck! That's really concerning.

I still want the youth version but this is a real red flag for me. FFS.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ben's video was immensely helpful in gauging what we'll be getting here. The add-on appears just about superfluous depending on your mileage and investment in the toy versions of this set, in which case the extra guns could really be pretty integral. However, that's about all that the add-on brings to the party and at $70+ it's an easy pass for me. Ultimately I still don't feel like the trailer is worth $200, but it's nice to see what we'll be getting both as bog standard trailer and as base and gestalt skeleton. Some interesting and thoughtful things going on- pre-colored arms and faux wheels which help add width and girth even w/out the add-ons, a fairly interesting transformation that although overly complex for what it needs to be (as Ben noted) doesn't seem too horrible, and lastly a really nice finished look once everything is combined. I agree with Ben that the DX9 version tends to look less sophisticated in comparison. If anything this set gets that critical aspect right and although (sorry to hammer this home yet again) it doesn't justify the cost at does at least help soften the blow of those extra clams piled onto the investment.

In the end I wouldn't blame a soul for waiting for the inevitable box set. You will likely pay less, get updates such as ratchets with increased strength (that the initial release of the trailer will likely reveal as weak points) and you don't have to wait months (and months and months) between bots.

14. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    People will go to great lengths to make people think the same way they do, or justify their purchases by making everyone else wrong.

• Like Like x 6
  15. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    Waiting to see BSF try and do this one. Should be some good laughs.

• Like Like x 7
  16. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    But then no one would buy all the superfluous pieces.

17. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

I'm still shocked honestly, it didn't even register as a possibility for me that they'd use friction joints on a massive combiner, at the asking price that's insulting.

Praying the Youth version has forward ratchets when it comes out, I need it to stand in a dynamic pose for a long time. Prob a fat chance of that happening :( 

• Like Like x 4
  18. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    4rz5w9.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  19. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I kind of wish he broke more stuff. It'd make his videos that much more enjoyable. His 2020 collection tour would be like touring a graveyard of broken stuff and production rejects.

• Like Like x 4
  20. MysticFortune

Ben mentioned he got his hands on it early, but didn't mention from where. So we are to assume this is a release ready copy and not a test shot, right?

• Like Like x 1