X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Wallet prepare for devastation

News Credits:
    So showz and tfs-express still haven't posted any updates on this, wonder why?

• Like Like x 3
  2. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

I’m curious how you pay for your internet service to make this post without money. Or are only you allowed to put a value on your work but anyone else who does it is money grabbing scum.

it’s not a lie if that was what they intended when they made the comment. Even the best plans can go astray.

I get being disappointed, but nonsensical hysterics doesn’t help anything.

• Like Like x 5
  3. corduroy

corduroy Well-Known Member

im heading to china to handle this shit right now boys dont worry.

• Like Like x 27
  4. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

Thank god somebody is finally taking it into their own hands! I’m right here behind you from overseas! Give em hell! Tell em the Internet is not impressed!

• Like Like x 10
  5. SuperMegaAutobot

SuperMegaAutobot Well-Known Member

So how does this discontent rank in the history of 3rd party tfs? I can't recall such unified unhappiness about a release, but am I missing anything? Their fb comments are almost all negative at this point.

This is about more than the price being higher than folks would like, that happens all the time without incident. There was some really misleading stuff that xtb put out which I think makes this worse (the recent comment about faces included with the trailer the most egregious).

Also, I canceled my preorder on the trailer. I figure the patience game is worth it on this one.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Around here? It’s an average day. We tend to moan pretty loudly when we don’t like something but almost everything still sells out, and prices keep rising, so I suspect most of us are all talk.
    Personally I was never in to XTB’s set for bot mode or combined mode, because I think FT looks better. My XTB set was only ever for alt mode because they look ok and the total price was great.
    Having said that I was tentatively considering picking up the trailer just to see how it went in combined mode - but the high price pretty quickly killed that idea.
    The high point is of course I got a very nice MotorMaster (minus trailer) for a crazy low price. And I think the bot mode on XTB and FT MotorMaster are pretty comparable, so I may even use FT’s in alt mode to get a full trailer, and XTB’s can go bot.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

There was quite a bit of outrage when FT Thomas pre-order dropped about $30 higher than equivalent sized bots. The rage always feels worse with XTB cause they have a dumpster fire of a FB page that always seems to make bad decisions worse. FT is smart to keep it on the low and let things blow over.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    I will buy the trailer. However, that will most likely be the last XtB purchase that I make. These guys are not FT quality, so why should I pay FT prices?

I regret buying Monolith, and if the Fanstoys Menasor was still available, I would just sell my 5 XtB Stunticons at pennies on the dollar to replace this set.

• Like Like x 2
  9. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. Olfio

Olfio Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I have my xtransbots stunticons displayed in single robot mode... Never appreciated Menasor in my life..... So I will not buy the trailer and the accessories, I can't deal with these prices now.

• Like Like x 2
  11. CyberRat

CyberRat Well-Known Member

I realize the optics simply because the other bots were cheap but: Oh no! A combiner practically the same price as every. other. combiner.

And while I prefer FT over XTB typically, XTB is the competition and they have created some damn good MP toys.

• Like Like x 5
  12. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I read this as "I am heading to China to get one for cheap"

Good move!!!

• Like Like x 4
  13. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Then as soon as they realized they didn't want/could not include all the stuff that was promised with trailer they should have announced the new plans.
    They didn't.

• Like Like x 9
  14. Stoikovich

Stoikovich Well-Known Member

The shells not coming with the trailer, and at that extra price, is (as someone else correctly said) a dick move. They’re the only worthwhile part of the accessories pack. The combined gun looks like a joke.

• Like Like x 7
  15. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Communications from XTB has been pretty poor with this set from the start. There was a LOT of agro when the 2nd carbot got a price hike and it was very unclear till well after release, that the low price for Breakdown was going to be the exception rather than the rule. There’s been a whole lot of guessing and speculation around the trailer and the combiner body - at one point they were showing alt mode pics with two trailers!! There were car shells, or no car shells, then the shells were optional and now they’re not only optional but a seperate purchase.

None of the 3P companies are great about communications but both FT and XTB can sometimes make things a lot worse by randomly popping by here and dropping cryptic, one sentence posts that are super obscure, and then vanishing for months on end.

• Like Like x 6
  16. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Well the XTB bots look great as a team and in vehicle mode! Let's see if the trailer is next year's Black Friday ticket item!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    Greatest. Thread. Ever. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol 

• Like Like x 7
  18. alogo

alogo Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    There is a video review by vecta sigma reviews on Youtube, of the egg. Let's say that that cost 200 all in batteries and all. What does he get? Scratched paint as soon as he puts the faces on. Faces get stuck.

Go check it out. But at those prices these have to be perfect. If they want to charge more.

• Like Like x 3
  19. MotorMeister

MotorMeister Well-Known Member

@alogo

Man that's pretty sad that they still can't get the paint-on-diecast right. You can literaly peel the egg.
    I've got this problem with all of my Stunticons.
    Better don't touch the paint, because as soon as it starts peeling, you can just scrape everthing with your bare fingernail.

Not sure what is the real problem behind this.
    Wrong paint? No primer? Paint not cured thoroughly, before putting the figure into styrofoam? Or they just don't clean the metal surface properly, before painting.

I have painted a lot of models in my life, including diecast, using hobby grade paints, and never had this kind of issues.

I guess that a good layer of primer with an automotive grade paint should remedy this kind of issue.
    For the prices they are asking nowadays this should be a standard.
    I think that's what FT is doing. Their paint do happens to chip sometimes, but never peels off.

I do hope that the trailer is not affected with this issue.

• Like Like x 3
  20. King Nergil

King Nergil Ruler of a lost kingdom

Same here. I'm also thinking about swapping out XTB Gravestone for DX9 Capone because I like his size better.

@ibot Seriously?
    giphy(1).gif

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 2