X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:

English is not their first language.

Typical X-Trolled Bots defense.

• Like Like x 1
  2. silith210518

silith210518 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    See I'm trying to look at it logically. In reality this trailer has clearly been an issue for xtb because we did keep asking it to be changed. The size in particular with a lot of negative feedback about it not matching zeta scale to asking for more accessories. Throw the pandemic into the mix and well I guess they have to make a profit, maybe the production costs have been that bad with this. Makes you wonder now how much fanstoys will end up costing because we all know they've gone quiet on the combiner mode the same way xtb did. Credit to DX9, they knocked the combine mode out the way early and might end up reaping the rewards.

• Like Like x 3
  3. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Well-Known Member

upload_2020-12-11_20-58-35.png
    If this was really true it would certainly be more reasonable. Despite the good price for Motormaster, I was always afraid the trailer would end up between $170 and $200. Getting everything shown in the promo picks was never $305 when I made my pre-order. I'd love to find out that $230 would really include everything. Well, not love, but nearly as bitter to swallow.

But that just doesn't make sense. Who would buy just the accessories separately for $75. Plus the retailers have already listed what is included with the trailer. Just no actual pictures of what is included with the trailer.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ChucklesLastLaugh

ChucklesLastLaugh Undercover so long, they all forgot who I work for

I would have been cool with something closer to $100 for a package to complete Menasor and then another set of optional add ons.

but I won't be buying this trailer or forming Menasor.

That price is just too much IMO.

Good thing I like the bot and alt modes.

I'll probably wind up using the FT set in combined mode.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. WyldeBill

WyldeBill I am not Gator

Ebay:
    Comment of the year!

• Like Like x 12
  6. WyldeBill

WyldeBill I am not Gator

Ebay:
    It’s like a Paleolithic Venus

• Like Like x 2
  7. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

Argh for real?! Throw those accessories in with the trailer for free ya cheap bastard. I still want that youth Menasor.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BrooklynBombers

BrooklynBombers Well-Known Member

This is an impressive way to completely destroy your brand overnight.

Also feel bad for any retailer who ends up buying these as I just don’t see many reasonable people paying this for something that really should have been included with Motormaster for free.

• Like Like x 7
  9. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So much hate, but next week everything will be sold out and there will be a 2nd run for 30 bucks more.

The beatings will continue until moral improves.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 17
  10. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

I think the trailer price is fine, it’s not great but it’s fine, it’s the $75 bonus pack with half the shit they’ve been advertising with the trailer for the last 100 months.

I have FT and XTB and I can’t decide if I wanna go in for a second FT, first DX9, or the XTB trailer for combine mode.

• Like Like x 10
  11. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Retailers order based on how the product pre-orders, which are customers expressing intent to purchase. And these items are already pre-ordering really well, so... either the price is acceptable to the market or there's a lot of people you'd not call "reasonable" out there. :) 

12. The Smirker

The Smirker I Hate Sam Darnold

Really screwey with what XTB did in terms of how they tracked collectors, but I kinda expected this to be honest. I really like this combiner's aesthetic and scale, but it's hard enough to buy this new for the price for me. As a college student, I'll say that if you're buying this new, then you have the type of money to just go for it and have fun with it. If you're worried about the pricing just for the trailer alone, you're already committing to buying other masterpiece's at this price, so what's stopping you from buying this new? For sure there were plenty of people who bought Takara's newly fangled qc nightmares at full price, so why is money an issue if you think a price of $220 is too much for the trailer? You do have a choice in what you're able to buy, but not every 3p toy is for everyone, so everyone has the right to choose. If you don't like the pricing on this set, then choose for yourself what you like. Realistically, the other 3p combiners will most likely be around the same price, so it shouldn't be much of a surprise to see the price gauge if they know they lost money on breakdown and the limbots. This hobby isn't the most expensive of mine, but I'll go down the route of just buying mib/used for this combiner. $230 for a trailer can down in price used if nobody wants to buy it for that price new or have given up collecting the trailer. I'll just have to wait a few years to get the whole team.... breakdown gang ftw. Woot.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Insectabot

Insectabot Well-Known Member

Yeah, super disappointed when we are realistically at the end of G1 MP. (I mean who really needs or gives a fuck about defensor and some others). This was sort of the last of em.

I mean we have DX9 and fanstoys at this point. I can’t justify that price. Another $300 gamble on some piece of shit XTB offering that will likely be as good as their pre-klaatu products.

thankful I’m pretty much done here with this hobby with all the great products we received to date from xtb, fanstoys, takara and even kfc.

14. Agent 539

Agent 539 Blackrock Gas Attendant TFW2005 Supporter

You’re killing me Smalls. Don’t worry. I havenn’t forgotten.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol 

16. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

upload_2020-12-11_18-52-39.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

Everyone can do whatever they want, but selling my XTB stunticon team is exactly what I am going to do (EDIT: Did, they are already sold. Got them gone before my lung lobectomy surgery next week, so yay!).
    I wont go for this damn near bait and switch tactic screw-over and I will never buy anything else from X-transbots again.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 11
  18. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto Saving the World, 1 VPN at a time...

News Credits:
    Best of luck with your procedure.

• Like Like x 9
  19. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Good luck on that!

Anyway, I don't think I'm going to go through the hassle of selling mine. I don't have any cracks (at least not last I checked) on Dragstrip's shoulders, but I did have to file them to get the clearance to transform them, plus I had to mod Wildrider to get some ground clearance in alt mode and Dead End's got paint issues on his thighs, plus I didn't keep the boxes. But I'm not spending $230 on a damn trailer, either. I guess XTB's Stunticons will be my alt mode guys.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt Well-Known Member

This is the kind of thing that sucks the enjoyment out of the hobby for me. Yea, I will end up getting the trailer, some time in the future, but it is going to be hard to find any joy in messing with it. It feels like getting to the end of a 3 year maze and your reward is a mousetrap. Oh well, not going to keep beating a dead horse, we now know what the price of admission is, so we can either say FU or pay it, not going to change much in the grand scheme of things.

• Like Like x 6