X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. nomolos

nomolos Well-Known Member

having only gotten the youth versions myself, same

• Like Like x 1
  2. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    If you were UK based, I'd be up for splitting the accessories.

I have zero desire for the toy guns (despite the notion being cool, especially as I had Breakdown as a kid), and will literally never use base mode so won't miss them. I'd personally want one Menasor swap face as I have Constructor yelling and want him to ne able to too.

I'm not happy with the price, but hoping TFS-Express UK can assist there. That won't help those in the US etc. because you'd suffer UK vat on top, plus a double exchange rate flip. If it's bearable though I might be in on the kit. I'll get the trailer because I want it and it'll be just about bearable anyway, I suspect.

3. SuperMegaAutobot

SuperMegaAutobot Well-Known Member

I like how vendors have the pics for the trailer preorder and base mode has all the guns on it from the other accessories pack. Not confusing to the customer at all. :D 

Splitting all the accessories out into a separate purchase must have been the "magic" Keith alluded to by the developers, in one of his trailer delay updates.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Votes MPG-07 = Mixmaster

Hoist and Trailbreaker were about 20% to 25% more than their previous releases. But both around $120 - $130.
    Andras is a bit bigger, but I still don't understand $170 for him. I found the 3 Swarm figures for $300 total, so $100 for the figure. Even new the swarm is $130 each. I can't understand how a single release is that much more, so I've skipped him and letting one of the swarm be my Scourge.
    Locke doesn't appear much more involved than Paean and Aegis. $130 was likely. It's a new set of moulds so bump it up 20%?

So I think many buyers were figuring 20% more than what they previously bought the figure for. If the front half of Motormaster was $130 then the back half would be about the same, maybe 20% more. So a $160 figure. Maybe $165. Is he bigger than Andras? Okay, maybe $170 X 1.2 = $205 including all the accessories. $230 + $75 = $305 for everything we saw in promotional images was unexpected.

I think this most recent price jump could be considered unexpected. There may have been a more muted response if there had been forewarning of recent increases to manufacturing due paying premium factory time to fit in busy schedules, materials going up (but oil prices are low), shipping going up, logistics in a mess, tariffs, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  5. nomolos

nomolos Well-Known Member

That reminds me. My v1 Aegis I finally tracked down is at home waiting on me to open it.

6. evilwithin

evilwithin Dinobot

So, in the end it's going to be more expensive than DX9. And it started quite cheaper.
    At this point I don't want to know how much FT will be. 800? 900? 1000?

This was supposed to be the Stunticons war, but in reality it was a war against our wallets.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Agent 539

Agent 539 Blackrock Gas Attendant TFW2005 Supporter

For the price, this trailer better have ZERO QC issues.

But the real problem like others have mentioned is the dishonesty in advertising. The news of the trailer’s price isn’t that shocking. The problem are the add-on coming out of left field. I’m all for accessories. So much that I did buy two MP-44s and three MP-52s. But TT was up front with their products from the word “Go.” Keith, with CTB/KFC’s terrible track record of QC-riddled releases, would have been out of business years ago by any normalized standard. Here, he is taking a huge gamble on this bear trap he wants us to step in.

I’ll get the trailer. Maybe the accessories pack, maybe. Lucky enough, I’m also in on FT so I can still play both sides of that fence. But you better come through Keith or it’s curtains.

• Like Like x 2
  8. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    This was too funny not to repost from the Kup thread

• Like Like x 4
  9. SuperMegaAutobot

Now that I've gotten the disappointment out of my system, real issues:

- why should we believe the trailer issues have been sorted out (lolz)? Stakes just got higher based on price, but waiting to see if combined mode actually works is it worth having to pay late tax to acquire?

- do I care about "speaking with my wallet" if I'm almost done with MP's, or just finishing with the figure I want?

- years down the road, will I care more about the total costs here, when I see the completed Menasaur, if this is the one I like most aesthetically? And compared to how much I've spent already for a near complete MP collection?

- is this the "bargaining" stage of grief they all talk about?

• Like Like x 3
  10. WNDCHRGR

WNDCHRGR TFW2005 Supporter

I just think it's funny how they started this set with a "thank you" price
    and are ending it with a " f:eek: :mad: k you" price.

• Like Like x 12
  11. SuperMegaAutobot

Also note to 3P companies: release combiners more like Zeta does.

• Like Like x 5
  12. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

there won't be a late tax here. likely a late adopter discount if the mood in this room is at all representatve of xtb beserkar buyers. will these trailers shelf warm? will ebay and tf board for sale forums and the like flood with cheap preowned xtb stunticons? not unlikely, but i'm not sure.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Wallet prepare for devastation

News Credits:
    If the dx9 didn't look so crap to me I would have already switched. Just I'm awe at the balls on x-transbots on this one it's beyond a joke at this point

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think we'd all be remiss if we didn't remind each other that XTB also got people to buy into this set with a $40 Breakdown.

And the stolen mold is irrelevant, that didn't have any impact on Crackup.

• Like Like x 5
  15. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    Maybe Zeta will get in on the Stunticon Wars once the dust has settled. At least it could scale with the their other two combiners and TW Devy.

16. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remember... this is XTB... more likely how many qc issues will it have.

• Like Like x 13
  17. franpincho

franpincho unapologetic king

Maybe we were just living in fantasy land assuming 3P G1 MP’s were going to stay cheap forever?

Just a thought.

I mean, it’s not that they are pulling these prices out of their asses. Kup and the egg were clear warning signs, were they not?

FT does it, now XTB. They clearly want a piece of that pie.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SuperMegaAutobot

I hope you're right. Checked the TCP facebook comments on these preorders and a few folks were pretty excited, so I think this will do the usual XTB performance.

What I'd really like though is for the backlash here to affect the Defensor release more positively. Or for 539 to take his talents elsewhere because his sculpts ARE XTB.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    So I went through my costs for the set so far: (all prices in USD and do not include shipping) (and yes I'm using the TF names because I can never remember the 3P names).
    Breakdown: $40
    Wildrider: $46
    Deadend: $55
    Dragstrip: $55
    Motormaster: $100
    Trailer: (assumed to be the overseas price): $150
    Total: $446

I'm pretty content with that. I mean, I would LOVE to pay way less but that's rarely the reality of purchasing "luxury"* goods.

* "luxury" is in quotes because toys are not a need, they are a want, so a want is a "luxury".

• Like Like x 3
  20. Marker

Marker Well-Known Member

Seeing the price on the trailer alone is making me consider getting out of the MP game. I bought the 4 limb bots but held off on Gravestone. Now I'm wondering about getting rid of the limb bots and just going for the DX9 set (if they release a box set) or just not getting a Stunticon set at all.

• Like Like x 4