X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm almost convinced that the Ratchet in that picture was supposed to be Bumblebee or something!

That still doesn't excuse examples like mini-Bruticus with the combaticons and other clear errors, but something about that particular one just makes me think it would suit a minibot, down to the pose and facial expression.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Stoikovich

Stoikovich Well-Known Member

In isolation, then Fanstoys looks #1 for me but they’re more seeker-sized, and something about that just breaks my brain.... :D 

XTB are the right size for my preference and my shelf, so that’s what I’m in on

• Like Like x 3
  3. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt Well-Known Member

also, with FT's diecast and "heft is quality" fallacy just how stupid tight the combiner joints are going to have to be to be able to hold it in any pose.

• Like Like x 2
  4. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

XTB figures are a good tradeoff. They scale well with the Autobot cars and are masterpiece enough. FansToys stunticons are a whole other level. The materials and transformation are better than most Takara car bots. True they don't scale particularly well with Takara Autobot cars but they look pretty good with Season 1/2 Decepticons.

The DX9 figures don't do it for me at all.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

I'm feeling the same as most of the others. I want my limb-bots to scale with Autobot cars. I'm also a sucker for the toy aesthetic (looking more metal, etc.)
    I'm actually sad that the combiner isn't around 15" like TransFormMission, though. I would have preferred that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

i'll speak only for myself but here goes
    1. they look the best. DX9's are too kibbly and thin. FT's look too tall and thin as well. also aesthetically, i believe XTB nailed the looks better than FT.
    2. scale - they scale very well with the autobot cars in both alt and bot modes. as i've been wishing they did since the g1 were undersized runts. they are also not seeker size evil carbots which dx9 and ft seem to think they should be. the cars themselves are also carbot alt mode size. FT got that mostly right but dx9 is a fail there.
    3. price...is a factor of course although even if the other options were the same cost, i'd pick xtb 9/10 times. and since that is not the case, i can buy toon and toy versions for the price of the FT bots essentially.
    4. combined mode seems good and they are likely to also do a toy set. dx9's combined mode looks....not good to me. FT's we don't know yet.

7. Chris C137

Chris C137 Costs less than a Fanstoys box.

News Credits:
    I think that screenshot with Ratchet might be an animation error in terms of layering the characters the wrong way round in the scene (as in, tiny Ratchet should be in the background) rather than the usual scale errors. That could be being generous though.

• Like Like x 2
  8. WyldeBill

WyldeBill Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Checking if there was a Cyber Monday trailer drop. Rusty trombone.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Visually, XTB nails the toon look harder than either of their competitors; as individual figures, the Stunticons' size matches up in a logical way with Autobot cars; finally, it's the only set that's complete (character-wise).

That said, I think all 3 G1 options (and the fourth IDW option) for MP scaled Stunticons are pretty cool. I paired my XTB cars with FansToys' take on Motormaster for their robot mode renditions (FT MM wins by virtue of turning from a robot into the entire truck with the trailer included), and I got DX9's set for the combined mode; when the 3D printed filler kit becomes available, I'll have Stunticons in vehicle, robot and combined mode on display!

• Like Like x 2
  10. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

No offense taken; it’s a fair question when asked with honest, inquiring intentions.

for me it’s the fact that they look great, at a great price and are actually very good toys, which makes them a tremendous value for characters I likely wouldn’t have bought otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stephan

Stephan Member

I might have missed it amongst the 1000 pages of this subject, but does anybody know if XTB will release a complete set of their Menasor : I mean all the bots in one box ? I am late to the feast... :( 

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  12. Ribimus Prime

Ribimus Prime Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Yeah. People keep banging this drum, but it’s not true. There definitely IS a scale. It’s just not important to some people. Pictures like the one you’ve posted are errors or anomalies. Granted, they are rampant in the G1 cartoon, but they still don’t invalidate the scale. Absolutely no one thinks Ironhide and Ratchet are different heights despite this screenshot.
    There are some characters whose scale is up for debate, but mostly the inconsistencies aren’t credible despite their frequency.

• Like Like x 1
  13. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

Just dropped in to see if there was a trailer here. Apparently not yet.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  14. Ribimus Prime

Ribimus Prime Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Don’t like the DX9 set at all. Can’t imagine why anyone would pick that set over XTB or Fanstoys; especially with that trailer on their Motormaster.
    Fanstoys carbots are too tall for my collection. I see them being the same height as the Autobot carbots. Plus, they are way too skinny for my taste. Roadking looks amazing but they are going to have to have a second trailer to complete their set. I prefer the way XTB has done this. I know a lot of people are crazy impressed with the way Roadking incorporates the trailer into bot mode, but collapsing a box onto his back is less important to me than having a useful trailer.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt Well-Known Member

as you said, the inconsistencies are rampant in the cartoon, to the point that the cartoon is irrelevant on scale. hell, they can't even draw the Stunticons the same in the same episode, this goes beyond errors and anomalies, it's simply a medium hastily drawn to sell toys, nothing more, nothing less. treating it like a be all, end all is a fallacy.

• Like Like x 2
  16. nomolos

nomolos Well-Known Member

But there is a scale. There is a guide and there is a scale given. The cartoon didn't always follow it...or ever really. But it was there and it is the "should be" of the robot modes. Now a lot of people saw some specific frames and that's how things look in their head. I get it. For me Fanstoys dinobots are too small and the combiners from Zeta and TW are too big (and also very very wrong) in my head because I have certain frames burned into my retinas. However, i can recognize thats why and accept that I'm wrong if the scale chart/animation model shows differently.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

It's here
    factory.jpg

Or there.

ship.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. jimoinj123

jimoinj123 Active Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking u don't like the trailer because it's too long. Won't the xtb and FT also have extra trailer pieces? I guess for me trailer length doesn't matter when it allows it to be a good scale menasor, and I'll usually keep in combined mode.

For the cars, honestly I think the G1 cars r far too short, especially next to seekers (they should be near to but not as tall as them). I prefer the fans toys scale which has autobot cars and minibots taller than Takara (Blurr etc).

That being said, my main thing is combined mode and I love the size and presence of DX9 Menasor. I can't say definitively about XTB Menasor until it is released, which seems to be dragging out quite a bit.

19. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster No relation to the Autobot, ironically. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    XTB Motormaster has no trailer, and FT will be getting another trailer that's comprised of the combiner parts. In FT's case, it's completely fine due to the trailer being optional for display.

• Like Like x 2
  20. jimoinj123

jimoinj123 Active Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Ah right. I guess my point was it's all parts forming. But u r right xtb doesn't have an extra piece of trailer. But it is separate and not integrated.

Fair call on dx9 bots being too thin, but kibble? Where? Seem super clean to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2020