X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Piccolo17

Piccolo17 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that summary. I am building my collection around toon accurate G1 pieces but Menasor is the one combiner that I completed as a kid and the toy version is kinda giving me second thoughts about having a one off from my collections rules. Guess I will just have to wait and see a little bit longer for final details before pulling the trigger on this set, and the late taxes that come with waiting.

• Like Like x 1
  2. yaladjack

yaladjack help

Alright, hopefully my wording here is understandable enough but I think I've figured out the whole situation on how the toy look of menasor might be achieved. I've attached some photos with circles, so hopefully everything can be understood.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Okay, so here's my first observation. The two areas circled seem similar enough in the photos, so I'm gonna assume they are the same places on the figure. from that, the Ramp is directly connected to the back of the trailer and is near the section circled in the first picture. That means that the chestpiece on the facebook photos shown is probably the ramp. So why is it different in both photos?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I've made some lines showing the cuts in the chest, so here's my theory. The chest/ramp is made of two parts, one that is behind the ramp, and the other that is on top, and can do a 360 rotation to hide menasor's chest. So how does this have anything to do with toy menasor's look?
    upload_2020-11-29_12-33-21.png
    look at the extension port here. I'm thinking an addon kit for the figure will come out where you can get a roller car among other things for the toy look, and the roller car plugs into here. That way you can have both the toon look, and you don't take apart the figure and replace any parts for the toy look. I attached some bonus screenshots that show how some of the trailer is hid in the robot mode also
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PS: can we finally have this figure now??? It's almost been a year since gravestone released!!!

• Like Like x 14
  3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    How about the shins and torso. Clip on parts? Don't think so. The toy trailer will be its own thing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. yaladjack

yaladjack help

I'm not sure, but This is all I could reverse engineer from looking at the pictures. Sorry to let anyone down.

5. chaosanderson

chaosanderson Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it is an add on kit I hope they mention that when the trailer is released or its released alongside it. I don't want to have to track down a trailer after the fact :) 

• Like Like x 1
  6. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    There's no need to apologize. Until the actual trailer actually rolls into our possession, all we can do is speculate. I just think that the changes will be more extensive than what you were thinking.

• Like Like x 1
  7. yaladjack

yaladjack help

Yeah, It's fine. At least I've figured out some of the transformation before it comes out, I'm looking into the photos for some more details on combined mode and how it's formed, one thing I haven't seen mentioned anywhere so far is the random swivel on gravestone's sleeper cab piece (the top windows on the top of the cab). Maybe that's used for combined mode?

(also xtb pls don't sue me for reverse engineering your figure before it comes out)

8. Megacluts

Megacluts Well-Known Member

No Xmas cheer this year because I cant see the trailer being released on time

• Like Like x 1
  9. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm. No trailer but the overpriced Dr Egg is coming in about a week or two.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Wreck N' Rule

News Credits:
    HEY! It's not overpriced, it's over featured!

• Like Like x 5
  11. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Supposedly you can use the trailer as an extra freezer.

I want one!!!

• Like Like x 3
  12. yaladjack

yaladjack help

like I said, I do want to reverse engineer the figure some more. Sorry for these huge posts, I'm just trying to document and figure out some of the transformation of monolith, so here's another big one.
    upload_2020-11-29_18-41-2.png
    So I'm thinking this is the trailer hitch, as it's slightly rotated and not centered with the joints, and it looks identical to the port gravestone has on his rear in alt mode. The joints that this is hooked on to kinda worries me, as it might be tough to keep in place in trailer mode as I see no places it can attach to from this angle. I'm sure XTB has some trick up their sleeve to keep it in place, so let's stay positive!
    upload_2020-11-29_18-44-8.png
    upload_2020-11-29_18-44-50.png
    Let's go back to the upper body section I was talking about earlier. So I circled here some pegs I saw, and another joint.
    upload_2020-11-29_18-46-16.png
    I've also circled this space as it is kinda round, and has that joint I mentioned attached to it. This could be monolith's head, but I'm not entirely sure. It does worry me also how it connects up, as it seems his head rests on one side in the base mode rather tucked somewhere in the center. That means it probably has to link up somewhere on the other side in robot mode to stay stabilized. upload_2020-11-29_18-48-54.png
    here's a better photo of what I mean, point 1 seems to be the visible joint in the earlier photo of base mode, but point 2 doesn't seem to be connected to anything. Like I said earlier, XTB probably knows what they're doing so let's keep our hopes up this works out in the end.
    upload_2020-11-29_18-53-54.png
    upload_2020-11-29_18-55-1.png
    Alright this next one is kinda out there, but I thought I might as well point it out. so I've kinda color-coded some spots that are similar in both photos, (If that makes sense) and you can kinda already see how the foe-wheels in leg mode pack up in the trailer. What I think is the knee is also circled, and I circled/drew some lines to show the cuts on how the legs form from the panels. There's 4 hinges I circled in the first photo, and there are also 4 similarly placed hinges in the facebook reveal photos. so the leg's shell is on the inside of the trailer panels, and they basically sort-of flip inside-out to turn into the dark grey panels we see in the facebook photos.
    upload_2020-11-29_19-1-9.png
    upload_2020-11-29_19-1-37.png
    There's not that much more I can say about how the legs transform (as in the trailer photos the front half is completely covered up), other than the feet probably pack up near the front of the trailer (near gravestone). I'm interested to see how they pack together so tightly, so that will be something interesting to look out for.
    upload_2020-11-29_19-3-50.png
    upload_2020-11-29_19-3-25.png
    upload_2020-11-29_19-5-41.png
    Okay, I know this has probably been clarified, but in one photo his crotch plate has 7 translucent panels, while in the other 2 it has 1. Umm??? Feel free to explain this to me in a reply if you know more, but this is super confusing.
    upload_2020-11-29_19-15-25.png
    It seems the crotch plate splits in half, so maybe there's a plastic filler piece that goes in.
    upload_2020-11-29_19-6-53.png
    upload_2020-11-29_19-7-51.png
    Alright, Let's go over some of the info we already have. So the ramp's front side will do a 180 spin and fold down to make the chest, and then somehow the pegs I circled fold the panels down, and rotate them forward to cover up the wheels.
    That's all I've got right now, like I said earlier I'm sorry for these large posts, I just feel that documenting how this thing transforms should be important. I've had bad experiences when I first bought my dragstrip, and wasn't aware of the fragile shoulder pieces that can easily snap off. I'm doing this so we as a community know what to expect in advance, and so we have a general idea also of how this thing comes together entirely.
    Here's links to all the photos I used for this, in case you're interested to see the original photos without the circles on them.

Closeup of menasor face from facebook:
    https://bit.ly/36k1NJz
    Menasor full pic from facebook:
    https://bit.ly/2HQ5QnH
    Trailer pics:
    https://bit.ly/3q9BkX3
    https://bit.ly/39slCAu
    https://bit.ly/3fONvDX
    Black prototype from convention:
    https://bit.ly/3fRa3UO
    Grey Prototype from Baidu user Mega:
    https://bit.ly/37h6uTT

• Like Like x 12
  13. yaladjack

yaladjack help

I wonder if I can put my strawberry fruit bar popsicles inside of the trailer-freezer? Hmmm...

• Like Like x 1
  14. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  15. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ** bLaH-BLAAh-BlaHH-BLAAaAAH!.!!! **

• Like Like x 2
  16. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt Well-Known Member

hey, it could be the most important can in the world, you just never know, lol.

17. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    But if you combine it with Keith's trailer, then perhaps they can hold two?!!! That's a 100% improvement.

Amazing stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  18. impossiball

impossiball Well-Known Member

Kup has been announced for late December, this means to me that the trailer won't be released before the end of the year (contrary to what they SWORE).
    And I wonder why we haven't seen official pics of the combined mode yet o_O 

19. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    XTB posted on Facebook. Sure, not fancy ones, but official nonetheless.

Agreed that December seems rather clogged up now. Although there's no solicited pre orders for Locke yet, just the usual $1 ones from China that have been around for ages

20. jimoinj123

jimoinj123 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    No offense to anyone here, but just wondering why you guys (the majority of TFworld boards) prefer this set so much to the DX9 and fanstoys versions? I have to admit I was surprised by that poll result and thought Fanstoys or DX9 would win.