X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Officially no. In reality I am willing to bet a substantial amount of dosh that yes. Whether they redesign it is another matter entirely down in 20 years or so.

Heh....Good ol TFW, where insanity and psychological disorders rain supreme over manchildren that fight over their toys :D 

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster No relation to the Autobot, ironically. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hope they end up getting that thing done. I basically got fucked by not being able to get Sovereign all this time, haha.

Manchildren, haha, god does that make me feel like a fucking outlier.

We all can't just have fun in peace, like c'mon. Besides me sometimes blasting someone just as a harmless joke, in which I make it known as such to whoever it's towards, i'm not gonna go out and fucking slander someone for getting the figure of a character that I personally chose otherwise on. That's just pathetic and not beneficial in any way.

Sometimes on here it's legit just either agreeing or disagreeing, we gotta jokingly break each other's balls from time to time to keep everything positive, haha.

• Like Like x 2
  3. pilot00

Sovereign....Well its a great Galvatron alright? Its just....IDK what it is that bugs me....I really dont know...But there is something in that design that I can quite place it, that didnt allow me to buy it.....The new metallic paintjob did tempt me, but not for the amount they asked....

Well, in these forums? No you are not allowed that. Whether its fanstoys maniacs, KO haters, TT/Hasbro acolytes of the holy word, insertanyothermentaldeficiencyhere, you just cant have fun. Just look someone at the wrong angle and you got yourself a flame war.

The sad thing is, it can get into you as well if you spent too much time in here. I caught myself from time to time getting more assholy from the time I spent in here, and I made it a policy to either put people on ignore or simply take time out of here.

Its sad really, because reading certain opinions/thought patters/behaviors here, one can lose whatever (little) hope he/she had for mankind.

4. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt Well-Known Member

I think the anger and flaming someone is a basic tenet of social media, people say things on boards and pages that they would never usually say in real life. They get to hide behind the anonymity of the computer and screen name which emboldens them to act out some of the worst parts of the human psyche. I am guilty of it, but then again I have been told I have no filter by multitudes of people, online and in real life, lol.

• Like Like x 4
  5. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, no doubt it looks awesome. For me, if I gotta nitpick, they had to only add the one extra expression? Boooooo. Everything else looks great. I myself was also tempted about the new paintjob, but I decided to not go for the new pre-order, as I already have a FUCKTON on my plate, both in and outside of Transformers. I just put in a deposit with Baba for Beachcomber before his stock officially ran dry and XTB Kup and Springer through ShowZ, I preordered all 3 DBZ SDCC Figuarts along with the 7 Dragon Ball stands, I moved my PO for MMC Chromedome & Rewind to PSX, but not before throwing in Deathsaurus as well, and put in pre-orders for MP Arcee and Spinout, and restocks of MMC Springer and GCreation Sixshot, all that in the past week or so, haha. Sorry if it sounds like i'm bragging or anything, I just love the hobby to death.

But yeah, hopefully XTB gets back to Abbadon sooner or later. Would also like to see a Quietus reissue follow what we saw with Sovereign.

First off... Mental defficiency, DUUUUUUUDE, hahahaha.

I kinda see myself as a mix of everything, but mainly, fuck I gotta think of a name... I'll call it for now the "Spectrum Analyst". I'm open to almost anything on the market, and I don't hold enough of a bias towards one company in which I go apeshit everytime someone badmouths a company or a figure because of. If I am biased to one company though, that'd be MMC. I adore both the Reformatted and Ocular Max stuff, and can speak for their quality. But I am ready to call them out once they fuck up on a figure, and I don't buy every frickin' thing they make. Hell, I got FT Trailbreaker and XTB Hoist on PO already.

No disrespect to anyone else going by and looking at this, but it seems to me that everyone here either always has their panties in a twist and/or hasn't had their balls drop yet, in terms of behavior. It's this kinda stuff that I hate. Not to sound political, but the same can be said with the landscape today. We all can't just get along, and the ugliness people can stoop to just because someone is differing in an opinion disgusts me. It's a reason why I have never had and ever will have any social media accounts. The only 2 I have, if you can even count them as such are this and Discord, the latter I use solely for talking to my friends who are of a mostly private community sector. The main reason why I differ Discord and TFW from social media is one word. Anonymity. It's a double-edged sword. As a privacy freak, myself, I like the anonymity. But that can also be used as a weapon. Which I think @Tazman66gt put very eloquently.

Speaking of Discord, i've both heard before from others and may have mentioned once or twice before myself that TFW should have a Discord. In case you're not aware, Discord is basically a mostly-private IM service that was originally mainly geared towards gaming, but now has shifted focus towards general use thanks to the pandemic, mainly it works through servers, which you can think as websites inside of Discord, metaphorically, filled with categories, which essentially act as the main forum threads as on here, and then specific channels, which are essentially say, the thread for a specific figure, for example. I personally am of that party to have it AS A COMPANION PIECE TO TFW (just to put it out there that I mention this not as a replacement for the website, ABSOLUTELY NOT.) mainly since a very sizeable portion of this community is also geared towards other online happenings, mainly the PC/console gaming scene, that it could not only be a place for some of us to hang and talk about whatever's on our mind, probably geared more towards offtopic general whatnot over Transformers talk, but also serves as a way to coordinate. For example, you have a couple friends who you met on TFW who also play Rainbow Six Siege and you wanna queue up for some multiplayer matches. Boom, that group of people can meet up on this hypothetical TFW Discord, and say, get on a gaming-specific voice chat channel and play to their hearts content, and also lead to some more closer relations between members. At the same time, in all fairness, it could serve as a double-edged sword. As the same anonymity could lead to the same negative vitriol, if not to a possible higher and more personal degree. I'm still all for the idea, but it's gotta be done right with the right moderation and policies or else it's doomed.

All that aside, I always give everyone a fair shake until they start screwing with me negatively, as a whole. In terms of on just TFW, those people I usually end up ignoring, but that's so far very rare for me on TFW. The people on the whole other side of the spectrum I add on my following list, which I tentatively use as my "You're pretty damn cool" list for people I often talk to on here and have nothing but good to say about them.

My advice for the people on the negative end? I respectfully ask for you all to grow a pair, learn to take a joke and respect everyone's differing opinions. You can truly help keep the peace by doing as such.

Also, good on you for catching yourself, man. Realizing that something like that tends to happen from time to time is the first step in trying to prevent it in the future. Mad respect for that.

• Like Like x 3
  6. pilot00

I agree on everything you two are saying.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  7. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Strongly disagree with that sentiment. Anonymity comes with good and bad, and when weighed objectively, the good far outweighs the bad.

There are trade-offs, but by and large, the anonymity of the internet is a positive thing. It allows people to be honest and open with their opinions and information without fear of physical retribution or real-life embarrassment, something ever more prominent today with doxing and cancel culture than it was decades ago when the Internet was configured with anonymity as a tenet even in that milder climate. They had in mind things like political freedom and promoting open and honest discourse. With anonymity in today's climate, we benefit from all of that but also so much more.

The downside of anonymity, which is trolling, is relatively harmless in the grand scheme of things (the old cliche regarding words vs sticks-and-stones is applicable there), and amounts at worst to the virtual version of bullying where people have to learn to have a thicker skin, learn to defend themselves and their ideas with rational arguments, consider not over-sharing with strangers, come up with a better argument than their detractor to show whose position is correct, or choose to go to other websites that provide rules against bad behavior. In other words, there are many solutions to the perceived problem of trolls and none of them require removing the anonymity of the Internet. The anonymous Internet contains plenty of natural counters to bad behavior.

The upside of anonymity is all the people who are free to discuss and pursue their interests, fetishes, preferences, beliefs, and so on without their real-world associates knowing about it, without being judged for it, or worse persecuted for it. A loss of anonymity can be life-threatening, career-ending, or destructive to personal relationships. And most would agree those are far and away more important and dangerous things than occasionally running into someone online who types mean words at you and you get upset when you can't physically intimidate or accost them in response. If anything, the latter attitude evidences a laziness and inability to intellectually defend one's arguments. At its core, it is the same attitude behind doxing and cancel culture -- i.e., if my position is so poorly informed that I can't debate it fairly, and instead must turn to physical intimidation and oppression to get my way, the problem is me, not the fact that you're anonymous and that makes it harder for me to force my will upon you.

And yes, I'm aware that the Internet is not truly anonymous, at least not without a lot of extra steps taken to maintain anonymity, but by and large, we are by default anonymous to one another on forums like this unless we purposely choose otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    This thread has taken an awful turn. Stunticons, anyone?

• Like Like x 12
  9. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, said my piece and i'm done with it anyway.

I'm practically counting the days since the last official mention of the trailer, haha.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt Well-Known Member

don't know where you got the [is a bad thing] part but I never said that, and would appreciate if I am to be quoted to at least use my words.

11. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE "The powers of darkness..."

All the drama can easily be solved. Just scroll on by. Done. You get into the drama because you want it (done it myself). Best just have fun where fun is to be had, and scroll passed the rest.

• Like Like x 10
  12. Megacluts

Megacluts Well-Known Member

lets just wait for more pictures and a review video. a video on how the trailer mass shifts is something we should look forward to, not bickering

• Like Like x 2
  13. Megacluts

Also, I know some people got replacement parts for overheat. I would like to get some replacement parts for the shoulders as one of them is cracked.

They really should have made the shoulders die cast

• Like Like x 3
  14. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Speak to your seller or email XTB's customer service. Baba got mine for me, but be warned: my replacement pieces are still slightly cracked. Not Swiss cheese and unable to stay in place, like my original set, but not good either. Thankfully they were free and Baba paid postage too (one reason why I have no issues with him asking for extra on pre orders currently, but that's another matter), so I'm not fussed, but I really do think XTB should include new assembly pieces (i.e. the entire joint, front and back) with the trailer.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Megacluts

I ordered fromn Baba as well, and he is pretty good. Although once we all put all the bots in combined mode we wont see the hairline crack in the shoulder anyway. I am scared of trying to open the crack to apply some super glue, because i hate to break the figure. the crack is not big on my figure, but its still something I am paranoid about.

PS I do hope we get replacement parts with the trailer which hopefully should go on pre-order. I'll be ordering from Baba so i will see if i can ask for spare parts.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  16. briag45

briag45 Well-Known Member

Im excited to see how how the menasors turn out, even the MagicSquare version. I've ran out of room so my collecting is on hold. A couple friends have xtb, FT, and dx9 between them and they all had their perks. If i had to choose a set i think i would enjoy the xtb with the youth trailer the most.

17. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    I’m patiently waiting for an update on the trailer with hopes it comes out this year. But a personal nitpick is the feet. I kind of wish they would take some creative license with their appearance. The slipper look doesn’t look good to me. Shoes can make or break the outfit, much like wheels on a car.

18. Enfin

Enfin Destron

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 4
  19. pilot00

Just out of curiosity:

Does anyone know the background on how the toy versions were named "youth" versions?

Or the simple answer is Chinenglish?

20. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Out of all the options, you want that one? What about the 'Alloy' version? Or as everyone else knows them, toon or anime :lol 

I believe the youth term was intended to suggest that they were the toys you grew up with, but that might be happy coincidence or even retrospective happenstance...

• Like Like x 2