X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

Screenshot 2020-08-01 at 19.12.53.png
    --
    Always makes me laugh when people are happy to pay more for something. I'll never understand it. As for milking the TW Devy... who's competing against them? And it's 6 figures plus parts.

I agree - anyone thinking this will be less than $100 is in for a rude awakening. $250 though.... nope.

Yes to this. $150 to me is reasonable give or take, but probably take. $200 and like I said... I'll be begrudgingly parting with my money, nothing anyone says will change that. I'm not suddenly going say - oh yeah good point, $200, here take it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Well-Known Member

Who said anything about being happy to pay more? But why wouldn't you compare it to TW devy or any other MP combiner for that matter? Sure TW is 6 figures, but honestly independently the figures really aren't MP in terms of look and finish. Also feel free to disregard the comparisons to FT and DX9... we might as well toss in the MMC Bruticus which has limb bots at $100 and the core body at $160 although that includes combiner parts. The upgrade kit is $60 so right there we are looking at $ 620 for their combiner. Gotta compare the possible price of xtb to everyone else before crying about it...

• Like Like x 3
  3. Enfin

Enfin Destron

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 4
  4. impossiball

impossiball Well-Known Member

Looks like if I write NONE you couldn't understand despite it is in capitals. I give up. You can now go back to the Fantoys thread you're coming from :trolls: 

5. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    I particular like the 'threats' of selling the set. Crack on fellas, I'm sure xtb couldn't give a toss, you've already paid them for what you own. At this point you're shooting yourself in the foot overpaying FT second hand prices or hunting down the old DX9 stock.

• Like Like x 10
  6. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

A very reasonable comment... I almost forgot that this is TFW2005.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

I'd like to continue the discussion and regard the points you raise about comparing all other combiners - of which I have spent money on also, but "crying" haha - okay - guess this conversation is over.

8. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Very much this. MP combiners have been a $500-600 pricetag since they began ~5 years ago.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster No relation to the Autobot, ironically. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Shit, did XTB actually can their Galvatron?

10. caretaker27

caretaker27 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    To be fair, $600 was the chug combiner price 7-8 years ago. TFC started their pricing at $100 per bot for their not-devastator and not-superion as I recall.

• Like Like x 2
  11. bobagorof

bobagorof Well-Known Member

It also includes the bot and trailer, yes? Not just the trailer?

• Like Like x 2
  12. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Well-Known Member

Yes it does. In that package you get Motormaster and his trailer, which is essentially a MP scale bot that turns into a legends scale trailer, and a but load of accessories.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Devastatingly handsome

News Credits:
    Yeah it's the whole motormaster and combined mode as far as I know.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator! TFW2005 Supporter

Troll? Says the person thy just joined here with 63 posts. Be gone. XTB Stunticons have numerous issues. They are the most problem laden team of 3P Stunticons available. This is a fact. Just as I directed you to the members posts on this forum that had issues with FlipOut’s foot/ankle and Overheat’s shoulders. If you want to pretend these issues don’t exits that’s on you. But several people here have had issues with this set.

As for me, I’m collecting all 3 sets from XTB, DX9, and FT... so I’m not playing favorites. Another swing and miss. Seems you like to talk a lot about things you have zero knowledge on. Back to whence you came.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Megacluts

Megacluts Well-Known Member

agreed. I had issues with dead ends thighs, and drag strips shoulders. I hope I can get replacements parts for the shoulders when the trailer comes in.

• Like Like x 1
  16. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whatever ibot wants to charge is fair.

Long live ibot!!!

• Like Like x 4
  17. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    I'm not interested in comparing the price of the whole combined set against another set of combiners, especially when the earliest releases in this set were pretty heavily discounted. I'm going to look at each individual release and ask "is this worth what they're asking? How does it stack up to similarly-priced figures?" For me, that's been the case with the five released figures in this set, as well as the figures in the DX9 and FT sets, or MMC's Bruticus. Maybe not so much in the case of FT's Aerialbots.

On it's own, is a trailer that turns into Menasor's frame worth $200+, especially compared to other figures I have (or will) spent that same amount on? I mean, if you think it is then I'm not telling you that you're wrong, especially if you're like @edgecrusher and looking forward to stuff like toy-style guns for the cars that are supposedly going to be included. It's a subjective call. But for me it's a hard no.

I mean, I was in on all three sets anyway. DX9's my Sunbow Menasor, FT's my individual bots. I was thinking I'd get the "Youth" trailer to make more of a toy/OX-style Menasor, but alt-mode display or just dumping the XTBs is still an option.

• Like Like x 2
  18. bobagorof

bobagorof Well-Known Member

I was going to say something similar. If you could get a central bot and 3 limbs of a hypothetical set for $350, does that mean the remaining limb can validly go for $200, just because other combiner sets are around $500-600? I would say no.

• Like Like x 3
  19. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    And that's cool. Ppl are always selling up and changing options in this game. However using as it as threat because the trailer isn't here to a company that already has your money for all of the bots (for toon at least) is ridiculously funny.

On a personal level I'm not ecstatic we're still waiting, especially for toy Wildrider specifically but I'm not, in any way, thinking of bailing. I still think they're the best options and I'm still looking forward to finishing both toon and youth.

Maybe if ppl slam the door and stamp their feet harder it'll magically appear faster tho.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster No relation to the Autobot, ironically. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    applause.gif

Imagine using one specific group as a means of commonality of a certain problem, what kinda logic even is that? Haha.

TFW is always the ultimate of metrics for me, the broadest range of people getting the figure.

• Like Like x 2