X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator! TFW2005 Supporter

Post #10012

X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

This is/was a common issue with FlipOut. Might have to do more research first next time. The foot/ankle joint is bad. One of mine broke.

2. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not saying it's definitely going to be over $200 but I would suggest you brace yourselves for that possibility. It was already going to be expensive before covid and XTB's prices have gone through the roof this year. I'm not saying start selling now but you might wanna start taking pictures and put them back in their boxes if you're planning on selling when they reveal the trailer's price.

• Like Like x 1
  3. silith210518

silith210518 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have already decided that I most likely won't touch the trailer and am happy with my completed team. I don't have the space for another combiner no matter how good it might look. The only thing that might possibly sway me is the accessories they pack in it. If it's a load of faces I dig that crap and might cave!

Not this year, think it was just Sheridan. But put it this way, speaking of QC and fanstoys, I ain't ever transforming my jabber :( 

• Like Like x 2
  4. XBurner071

XBurner071 There and Back Again

News Credits:
    XTB already said that the trailer will come with a plethora of face options for Gravestone and who knows they might even throw in some for the other stunticons. That plus the fake arm shells plus the trailer having a base mode and accessories for Menasor such as the sword and the gun and i think they will also include those double barreled cannons, then we'll have a price that will surely make a grown man cry.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's why I had "this year" in my sentence.

XTB fans however can take umbrage that they've had ZERO QC issues this year. If you release nothing, you'll always have ZERO QC issues. Truly winning!!!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Woo! Totally taking credit for that! Haha

• Like Like x 9
  7. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If I wanted to pay over $200, I'd buy the Fans Toys version that will achieve most of the requirements but have a hellish transformation and some random defect but will still sell out and go for multiples of MSRP on the secondary market.

Coincidentally, I've actually read some of Kaku's writings. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm going to enjoy the accessories - well, I'll enjoy the faces; don't give a damn about the extra weapons - but I really wish XTB would stop trying so hard. They really want to be the premium company but, as much as I love their figures, they're really not what I'd call high end collectibles. Trying to make their figures high end just results in them being more expensive without really making them "worth" more.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have almost never used an extra head/face option on an MP, but the thought of having the G1 toy-nostaglic weapons to mount on the cars is positively wonderful.

• Like Like x 2
  10. impossiball

impossiball Well-Known Member

A common issue is Hound breaking during transformation, not a case or two like Flipout's feet.
    My reference for "common" is the case of breakages reported in the italian groups: NONE regarding the Stunticons (not even Overheat's shoulders), while more than someone had troubles with Hound.

11. impossiball

impossiball Well-Known Member

In order to be a premium company they first have to STOP USING THAT DAMN GUMMY PLASTIC FOR EVER.
    Then stop driving us crazy bending plastic pieces in order to tab them in, there is one or two in every release I can think of.
    I really enjoy their engineering ideas but the two things above often frustrate when I should instead enjoy the usually clever transformation

• Like Like x 4
  12. Optimus Pine

Optimus Pine Active Member

I don't get why they didn't show photos of it combined etc etc.

If they have the trailer which they obviously do in that photo, how hard is it to transform and combine everything and just take a photo or two?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Megacluts

Megacluts Well-Known Member

that's why the trailer got delayed :p .

all for a space for an insignia

• Like Like x 2
  14. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    They have. We've seen numourous pics of the prototype combined in various stages.

15. Megacluts

we have. i did not see any combined mode pics from the rear to show where MM fits

16. Chris C137

Chris C137 Costs less than a Fanstoys box.

They showed this prototype ages ago but it leaves a lot of questions. For starters in this configuration Motormasters fuel tanks would be pointing straight up above his shoulders, but they seem to have been removed in this pic. X-Transbots-MX-Series-Monolith-04~2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Megacluts

I was talking about the coloured prototypes.

this picture is one i have seen before, which doesn't look clean

18. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

Anything more than $150 and I'm going to really begrudge paying for it. What were the individual bots: $65 each, average? (one of them has disintegrating shoulders) Gravestone: $150 - We're already at $410 there! + $150 for the actual combiner suit - $560 total. Wow! - and $610 if it's on the $200 range. That's more than I paid for TW Devy.

Look, I like XTB and I have a fair few of their figures. Some will even survive the FT swap out. I can feel the frustration though at what is being really drawn out - and to say we'll get photos of the trailer to then only show one picture is kind of... annoying.

• Like Like x 3
  19. evilwithin

evilwithin Dinobot

For now, I paid 40+50+65+65+110= 330. Not too bad.
    If the trailer is very expensive, I can do without. Stunticons are first and foremost a bunch of cool 80's cars for me.
    But I'm waiting for the toy trailer so it will be a long time anyway, I can change my mind several times...

• Like Like x 3
  20. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Well-Known Member

Let's say the final total comes around $560. You can look at that many different ways. TW constructor was originally around $600 at first release years ago and lets face it, they milk that figure to death and still charge $500+ for it. Now let's compare to FT, they are currently sitting around $420 for 3 figures and no combiner parts with their prices rising in new releases. And then we have DX9, roughly $400 and will most likely end up finishing out around $480 completed. They are arguably the worst of the 3 sets and are probably more comparable to a toyworld/zeta combiner. All in all if XTB ends up finishing around the $560 price range, I consider that to honestly not be all that bad.

• Like Like x 5