X-Transbots MX-IV Abaddon (Galvatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

I mean I guess it depends on your definition of "far away". Official MP doesn't do season 3 characters very often, and we just got one last year. Before that there was a four year gap since the last one.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know someone who has said "this year for sure" every year for 8 or 9 years now. One of these years he will probably be right and claim he called it too.

• Like Like x 11
  3. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Nonsensically Sensational! And Vice Versa!

News Credits:
    To be fair though, overrated is way more preferable than nonexistent.

754DDE28-C040-4585-942B-4E668E9245CF.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  4. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks good, just disappointed the hands are so pitifully articulated. Even Takara has started doing individual articulated fingers,catch up XTB. You used to be known for it ffs.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

I feel like a lot of Takara MP speculation has a lot of overblown expectations for how many characters are "right around the corner", considering Takara barely puts out one G1 toon MP a year and is filling lots of those slots with do-overs.

It's especially funny because 3P speculation is pretty much the exact inverse, with tons of reveals and multiple releases throughout the year and yet people constantly talk about it how long it will take to get every figure.

I guess because 3P attracts us impatient bastards while the Takara diehards have to have an eternal reservoir of patience and hopefulness.

• Like Like x 5
  6. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    hmmmm thinking of selling ft's while the getting is good .... although this will probably be a while yet

i think it's only a matter of time before takara get around to a galvatron mp so i am slightly in 2 minds whether its worth it or not to swap out yet but the improvements they have made make a huge difference and that back alone is a plus over ft's...oh decisions decisions :lol 

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  7. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Well, to some of us it's never been about "gotta catch em all". That is not my thinking when it comes to these things.

I mix and match, but it is no secret I prefer TT. However, when it comes to Leaders, it is simply just a matter of time when it comes to TT versions. Would I like them sooner? Sure. But it's really not a big deal.

XTB's looks much better than FT's, that's for sure. But I do also think a TT version can't be that far behind.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Daelo88

Daelo88 Well-Known Member

Don't worry, FT will pop up with another re-re-reissue for $300:confused: 

9. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    At this point TT's Galvatron is more like a character that you use to scare your kids to behave properly.

"Look, if you don't eat your veggies, TT's Galvatron will take you away and mommy can't help you!!"

• Like Like x 3
  10. Chris C137

Chris C137 Costs less than an empty Fanstoys box.

News Credits:
    The thing is they actually will. Maybe this is why XTB are putting out new renders every half an hour lately. "If we put enough out there, Dalianjj won't be able to shadow release ALL of them".

(Ironically for the coincidental Koot, Apache and Quietus reissues, XTB either fudged the figure or missed the release date altogether for their equivalents)

11. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Tbf I can't not see Takara ever releasing Galvatron and I'm sure it'll look gorgeous. It's just when and not an if. And @Alph is right. The 3p market is literally kept afloat but us impatient guys.

• Like Like x 3
  12. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

Looks fine. I'm just not a fan of the ultra tooness of it. Also think the cannon looks silly. I'm sure it will beat out FT in articulation, but not aesthetically IMO. Look forward to seeing in hand videos. Hopefully XTB can pull this off without major QC issues, but they've made a skeptic of me in that regard.

• Like Like x 1
  13. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I absolutely can't believe it's been almost 6 years since this thing was supposed to come out originally. wow.

Abaddon is finally at long last...

Alive. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Nonsensically Sensational! And Vice Versa!

News Credits:
    Errr…They are still in the render phase.

I am not sure what to make of Abaddon’s cannon mode yet though, will reserve judgment until a later date. I still think DX9 Tyrant is the best looking cannon, while FT’s push-up mode is not good. Why couldn’t you give Galvy a better alt mode, Floro Dery?!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

God... I keep pre-ordering XTB stuff because it looks great and lately, I always feel I'm going to be disappointed because of some dumb decision on tolerances and materials or some factory related drama.

I want this to be great so bad! Not hating, but I definitely think it looks better than FT Sovereign.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m on the fence with this one. The renders are still a little bit too early days/simple drawing to get a feel for the details. Not that it’s bad (or good) I just can’t really nail down what the actual figure will look like from these.
    But if nothing else he’s definitely nailing the alt mode. That cannon is streets ahead of FansToys.
    As for Takara? Meh. It’s been years since they lost the right to the whole “waiting for Takara” mantra for my collection. It’s now become “If Takara ever gets around to it, what are the chances it’ll even be any good?”
    I will happily “wait for FansToys to do it” because their designs and quality FOR ME has been spot on in 9 out of 10 releases. XTB is definitely batting higher than Takara for me, but they aren’t quite reliable enough to be a sure fire winner every time.
    But this is looking really good to take that alt mode spot.

17. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    @daimchoc Can you update the first page with the new pictures?

Thank you!

18. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

My biggest gripe is the color. Galvatron should have a bit more blue in his color and not just be straight-up purple.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Khyron

Khyron Well-Known Member

This is just a render. Color will change on the real figure i m sure however will take them another few years to produce the figure. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  20. ghostfossil

ghostfossil Well-Known Member

Had to go back to find this man's post.
    I believe xtb silently took your feedback and changed the 'turtle mouth' as it was received the most critics.
    Dude u could go ahead and ask them for 'supervisor fee' now!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2