X-Transbots MX-I Apollyon (MP Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by primushatesyou, Oct 25, 2014.

1. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

So the differences between v1 and v2 are a piece of plastic covering the chest? Sorry if it's been asked before but I didn't want to go thru pages and pages to find what's been said about that.

2. chip1123

chip1123 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    First page/post has a listing of the differences.

3. cabello80

cabello80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone know how to score replacement joints? None came in packaging and X-Transbots hasn't returned my requests. Also, I'm second owner so I'd got o retailer if I could.... but I can't.

Thank you

4. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

Made Apollyon my first figure to open in a long time and he looks amazing! This was the first Transformer I actually tried to transform in a while and man... My body was not ready :lol 

Anyway, I used Future on a few of the loose parts (front chest panels, right wrist, left forearm swivel panel) but I have a few questions on fixing a couple of other QC issues (Not sure if there is, but there should be a post with all fixes for this guy):

1) How do I tighten the back cannon? It seems to continue to fall over.
    2) He seems to be leaning a tad to the right going by the gap I see under his waist section on his left side. Is this normal?
    3) The front swivel pieces that end up on the inner-side of his legs: The right leg one goes flush against his leg, but the one on his left leg doesn't.
    [​IMG]
    4) I just applied my first waterslide sticker ever (Needed 3 tries), but after some dabbing the sticker seems to still have bumps on it. Is this normal? And if not, anyway to fix this? Or would I have to start from scratch.
    [​IMG]

5. glinthos

glinthos doomed hometown

You need a bottle of decal setting solution from a hobby shop or somewhere, and a needle to poke any air bubbles under the decal.

6. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Great photos. Makes me want to go pose mine a bit more.

8. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Thank you. I will say that I got a little annoyed with mine whilst posing him, as there's now a couple of bits that have become a little floppy - mostly just little pieces here and there, such as the tabs inside the legs, and the ones on the forearms. Still looks great though!

9. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    Sixo, you are killing it with those pics!

10. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Thanks, dude. :) 

You can find these and many more here. :wink: 

11. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

After not enjoying the results of the water slide labels I got off of eBay, would anyone suggest another set of decals?

I'd be fine with adhesive ones as long as you they have a clear backing and seem to be good quality.

12. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    As long as you use freshly washed hands (keep the oils to a minimum when applying decals), just use reprolabels. That's all I've ever had interest in applying. Mine always turn out great.

Also, If I ever want to resell, they're easy to remove

13. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice! Have you transformed yours at all Sixo? I haven't bothered, and to be fair it's because I'm kinda nervous about what might happen when I do...

14. PwrdOff

PwrdOff Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just ordered this guy, and was wondering if anyone has used the Ocean metal engraving stickers for the chest symbol, and what your experiences were like. I've used those rub on decals with Gundam models before and while it certainly looked much nicer than stickers it was always a bit scary because sometimes it would just refuse to go on all the way, and you'd end up with two pieces you'd have to try and line up again.

15. rasky

rasky Well-Known Member

Great photos, Sixo!

16. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

Thanks a lot! After seeing those awesome photos, I am not completely unsatisfied with my MP-05, and my Combiner Wars Megatron (which was really just a place holder) and his awesome G1 colored tank mode.

I need to buy this! Or is it Despotron!?! Argh!

17. Destron UK

Destron UK G1 Dinobot Pro

News Credits:
    They're absolutely fantastic and the best decals I've used, No problems in terms of application and the look is perfect. I'd very highly recommended them.

You won't find anything better than these.

18. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I have indeed, a couple of times. I almost hate to say this but I don't think I will again though. When I first got him, everything was nice & tight (apart from the original ball sockets, which I replaced), but it does feel a bit like things have loosened up a bit over several transformations. The flaps inside the legs will now no longer stay in position, and the small sharp tabs on the inside of his forearms are now very floppy, which is a pain, plus a couple of other panels are a bit irksome. I still love him, but he's not the most stable figure in my collection!

I used the Ocean decals on mine. They are more difficult to apply than stickers, for sure, but the result is much better. Apollyon was actually one of the first that I applied, and I think I have done better since.

Thanks, mate!

Ha! No probs. I would say it may be worth seeing what Maketoys unveil with Despotron if you're not 100% sure, as unless anyone corrects me it should still be possible to pick up Apollyon for the time being. He is a good figure though, and sounds like later versions have had some improvements.

My apologies. You'd best not look at the photo library link in my sig then... your wallet won't forgive you. :D 

19. Cyberrabbits

Cyberrabbits Well-Known Member

Whelp...my Apollyon finger broke off....I was trying to slide his hand to equip the mace and the fingers got jammed then it broke off...dose anyone know if X-transbots has an email I can contact them with? this was first run Apollyon that I got from TFSource so idk if they could help me out.....

I'm pretty sad that this happen as Apollyon was a great MP figure of Megatron.....so can anyone please give some advise maybe from those of you have had this problem already????

20. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I would probably start with TFsource and ask if they have any spare hands (or fingers if you can just replace it on its own) you could purchase from them. If they can't help you, I'd probably check with the other shops, preferably ones you've done previous business with, and ask the same. Otherwise I believe there was an email listed somewhere a few hundred pages back to xtransbot, or maybe they have a Facebook page...I don't, so I don't pay much attention to that.