X-Transbots MX-I Apollyon (MP Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by primushatesyou, Oct 25, 2014.

1. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Had the same problem and noticed there are 3 points that the crotch pegs into. A black peg towards the rear, a silver peg towards the middle/bottom of the crotch and the flip out peg. Mine didn't want to peg into the middle silver peg which caused it to come undone from the other two pegs. Once I was able to secure all 3, it was solid as a rock.

2. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

Please break radio silence regarding second shipment, Captured Prey.

Still trying to decide whether to use clear-back or white-back symbol after I receive him. Leaning towards clear.

3. BairdimusPrime

BairdimusPrime youtube.com/billythekidsnobullshittoyreviews

News Credits:
    clear looks seamless its really nice

4. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Any tips on removing the orange plugs?

5. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    I used pliers on both, came out pretty easily.

6. laffy

laffy Well-Known Member

The gun peg is easy like others said just use pliers and twist hard.. but the scope some are easy to remove and other are nuts, sadly my was impossible to remove i tryed to heatit then boiling water, everything.. what worked for me was i used my soldering iron and melted the top of the plug off, than very carefully melted the orange inside the scope just enough to take my flat head screw driver and break the orange inside and i was able to just lift the left over plug out ... no damage at all worked very well... sadly many have when trying to jam it out broke part of the scope of as well so if you cant just use a bit of force to get it out than please do what i did so you dont break the scope :) 

7. Dashdragon

Dashdragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yea, the plug in the gun barrel seems to universally come out pretty easy. The glue doesn't seem to adhere well to the metal. The one on the barrel extension, however, is plastic on plastic and unless they went really light on yours, it can be damn near fused.

I tried to use pliers on mine and it wouldn't budge. I've set it aside for now and am just not worrying about it. He won't be in gun mode that often and the plug won't bother me That much for now. If it does, I'll try boiling or just cut the damn thing out.

8. BairdimusPrime

BairdimusPrime youtube.com/billythekidsnobullshittoyreviews

News Credits:
    the one on his main body came off with no pressure... wasnt even glued in... havent tried the other one as i have no plans of him ever going to gun mode

9. laffy

laffy Well-Known Member

dont bother with the water it does not work . i used my soldering iron and melted the top of the plug off than chipped the rest of the plug out it was the only way and no damage whats so every :) 

10. chucksbikeorama

chucksbikeorama Decepticreep

Can you imagine the uproar if they did try it?! It certainly wouldn't be fighting cleanly, and I imagine it'd lose them a lot of fans (haha). Still though it would be pretty funny...

11. Sweep

Sweep worse then vehicon drones

News Credits:
    The screwdriver trick worked for me on the silencer plug. You just have to hit it just right, choke up high and keep screwdriver good and flush on back of the plug. Also keep your arms far enough away from your torso that you could dunk a basketball through your arms. Find a strike surface that's a little above the waist.

12. chucksbikeorama

chucksbikeorama Decepticreep

May have missed this, but are there any comparison / before-after pics? Tidying dat kibble would solve its biggest little problem

13. kgorman79

kgorman79 WAVE POUNDER

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Just got Apollyon this week and it was definitely worth the wait :D 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    Don't like the fiddly hands much and one thumb is very loose, the other way too tight, so I tried the MP10B hands and they fit just fine, too big for transformation though....maybe MP13B's hands are smaller.

[​IMG]

15. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Megatron deserves a big, clear symbol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Madgame

Thanks for posting, that looks really good and a nice size for his chest. Which one is that? It doesn't even look like a sticker in that pic, looks like painted. Did you have to trim it?

17. Slave IV

jream made waterslide. Paper can be bought here, logo files found here.

As waterslides, you don't need to trim it much but since you have to cut it out anyways, what I did was cut out one logo and then with an exacto knife, sliced across the top layer (not cutting all the way through the paper) along the sides. It looks tampoed on no matter how close you look. It's the best option I could find after looking through pictures and asking questions throughout this entire thread.

Thanks again to jream!

18. Madgame

Thanks for the additional info, one more thing I will have to research. Never heard of waterslides, so I don't know how they work. Looks very nice though.

Edit: Oh wait, waterslides as in the stickers that used to come in model sets way back in the day? I see. So this is more of a DIY method. Clever. I have access to a laser printer at work, but would prefer to buy them already printed. If anyone has a sheet of various to sell, I'll buy.

19. Slave IV

Yep, just download the file and print to the paper...I'd rather there was a good set available to just buy but there isn't. ALL the off the shelf options, you can clearly see the border even if they are supposed to be clear. If you buy one pack, it will be enough for a lifetime of transformers for less than most pre printed single sheets you can buy.

20. Madgame

Thanks again for all the info, maybe I will monkey around with printing the images on white paper to see which size is best. If resizing is necessary I'm sure I will find a way to mess it up.