X-Transbots MX-I Apollyon (MP Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by primushatesyou, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Transform and Roll Out!

I have from BBTS. Couple days back I got it. So believe they where sent out that Friday? Something like that.

Best Regards,

2. Chrackalakis

Chrackalakis Astrotrain Engineer

Ebay:
    My Apollyon V2 should be here tomorrow if it meets the expected delivery date. I'm so stoked to finally get this guy!!!

3. olevelo

olevelo Supreme King of All Transformers Earth Wars

What replacement parts are these? I just got my Apollyon a couple days ago...is there something I need to look for? (besides my loose thumb and shoulder which will hopefully be fully future'd when I get home!)

4. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

I can see Takara doing better, just might not look much different though. TT would have better QC and a gun mode that tabs together at least better...but aesthetically, he'd likely look the same.

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Arguably, anything can be improved.

But at the same time, Takara DID do an MP Megatron... and I think most people agree that it was unsuccessful.

I suppose MP Megatron was made with better materials and did tab together well in gun mode... but those are probably the only good things you can say about it. :) 

zmog

6. TFDAD

TFDAD Well-Known Member

I have an issue with one of the legs that prevents mine from being transformed into alt-mode. I think it's a random issue and not common. I'm hoping my parts come in when The Chosen Prime receives version 2 from KFC. I like the figure, but I'm someone that likes to transform my MPs, so I haven't been able to enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

7. monish

monish Not a Negatron!

News Credits:
    Got mine last week from tfsource

8. JediTray

JediTray aka User897

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    TFSource is resending my replacement parts (thanks Rob!) with signature confirmation. Hopefully that will resolve whatever happened the first time.

9. shadowfall1976

If he was from KFC i wouldn't own him...he'd be extra crispy...

Anyhoo... what part is keeping yours from transforming?

10. TFDAD

TFDAD Well-Known Member

Ha! unintentional slip on my part. Wrote KFC, but meant XTB. Kind of the same company anyway...no?

Those little flaps that hang off the inside of the legs are preventing me from fully forming the handle. I have two left side flaps instead of the one left and one right. Definitely not a deal breaker, but it's annoying. My only other issue was a chip on the face, but a little sharpie cleared it up for the most part. I can still see it easily when the light hits it though.

Don't get me wrong, I like the figure a lot. I actually enjoyed almost transforming him. In fact, I thought it was more fun to transform Apollyon than BC Wardog.

11. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    okay, how do you guys collapse his legs without them misaligning? the tab always pops inside of the leg...

12. shadowfall1976

not sure what you exactly mean unless you're referring to the button that you push to collapse the legs, if so, mine is fiddly, you have to hold it even as it's going into the leg to get it to go all the way down.

What bugs me is the crotch thigh tabs don't stay pegged in all the way, if i move him too much i'm always having to push the legs back into the crotch piece tabs.

13. timcrook

timcrook Well-Known Member

If you're talking about what I think you are talking about, you probably have it miss transformed. There are 6 tabs total. You probably only have 4 tabs in.

14. shadowfall1976

Nope, all 6. I know how to transform ma bots... :D 

They just don't stay properly tabbed in for long, moving the legs or moving him around some makes them loosen up and I have to push them back into place. Not a huge problem, it just bugs me when shit won't stay tabbed in.

15. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's not a release button, just a collapsible panel. They'll compress themselves as you transform him.

16. olevelo

olevelo Supreme King of All Transformers Earth Wars

OK, I don't think I'm ever doing that again! I'm kind of afraid to transform him back now because I don't want to see all the damage I did to him. :( 

In retrospect, I probably should've watched a video before the first attempt.

[​IMG]

17. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    I'm getting my Apollyon today! :rock 

18. shadowfall1976

The legs on mine won't go all the way in unless I push on mine as I'm collapsing the legs. Then, it must be a slight defect or somethings getting hung up.

19. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Are you sure? Because it's not in the instructions, but you NEED to un-tab all of his black leg panels completely before you can collapse his legs. It's because one of the tabs for the panels actually locks into the same channel the legs sliders use, and prevents it from going down all the way.

Weird. I had that problem, but once I made sure those flip-out black pegs on the crotch were in place, his hips became really sturdy and didn't come loose... even if I pulled real hard on them.

zmog

20. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]