X-Transbots MX-I Apollyon (MP Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by primushatesyou, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

2. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    Can someone please post a list of what should come with MX1? I got mine today from TFSource. There's no instructions, parts list, or anything. I've got no idea what I should have and what I don't have.

Was a set of extra shoulders supposed to come with each figure?

Am I supposed to guess how to transform him or just watch review videos?

3. dapro

dapro Well-Known Member

The instruction should have been in the box where the gun stack are held.

4. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    Nothing in there. Only sheet of paper in the whole box was the TFS receipt.

5. magick

magick Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Then you need to contact TFS. There should have been a bag with the instruction book, bio card, and another small bag with the screwdriver, extra shoulder sockets, and a small black plug for the tripod cannon mod. Do you see any empty "boxes" in your plastic shell? If not then you have everything. Put post pics so we can help you further.

6. JediTray

JediTray aka User897

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    My Apollyon finally arrived today. Wow, what a journey this whole experience has been! I did the mod to the base cannon so it looks right and isn't about to fall over. I don't know how XTB could have gotten that wrong after such a feat of engineering! Got the orange plugs out too, and just like everyone else, the silencer plug was the more difficult of the two. I applied the stickers, and actually caused the only scratch on his back while doing so myself. It was just my fingernail picking at a Reprolabel, but the scratch is there, although nearly covered by a sticker now. Aside from that, my figure is just perfect and I am so happy! I wonder if that glue residue in the silencer will scrape off....

Attached Files:

7. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Also, the TFS receipt shouldn't be inside the Megatron box...Are you searching the shipping box for the toy's instructions? If so, try searching the box for the toy itself, specifically the side opposite the figure itself, with all the gun accessories.

8. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Mine came the same way ! I had to contact BBTS . An now I'm on there " waiting for parts list ". Hopefully I won't have to wait to long.

9. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    Trust me. Short of destroying the XTB box, I'm pretty damn certain there's nothing else in there. Just the two plastic sides with Megs on one and the accessories on the other.

No instructions
    No collector card (though I have no idea if one exists)
    No replacement shoulders
    No tools for shoulders (again, no idea if any came with it)

I got:
    The bot
    The silencer pieces
    Helmet
    flail
    Gun of Betrayal
    Key
    Asteroid damage
    Sword

10. DoctorsTARDIS

DoctorsTARDIS Type 40 T.A.R.D.I.S.

News Credits:
    ... Yours sounds like it was packed like one of the review samples. Odd question, was there glue on the orange plugs?

11. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

That glue residue looks awful. I wonder why they put so much more on the silencer

12. primetimex

primetimex Member

So I've got my Apollyon today from BBTS and managed to transform him to gun and back without much problems:

Only issues (if you can call it that) are:

1. Yes the right arm won't hold outwards with gun attached BUT he will hold the gun up with NO problems (stock shoulders no replacement)
    2. One of the hand's thumb keep popping off (KFC hands are notorious for this)
    3. After collapsing the torso it's very very difficult to pull him back up again
    4. One of the arm's elbows can get a little stuck in the arm cavity
    5. the left leg wont tab back in as securely as in the beginning after pulling it out (EDIT: nevermind - you need to tab all THREE pegs in - the last peg in the middle is very fiddly as that peg doesn't hold up at all - a design fault definitely)
    6. It can be hard to pull the legs back out when transforming back to bot mode.

I think that's it - the arm problem I fixed with nail polish and attempted to do the same with left leg as well.

No breakages to speak of, no scratches to speak of and I think a lot of breakage might be due to incorrectly attempting to transform him - as it is quite complicated. However I think he's far more solid than MP-5 ever was and robot mode is spot on.

13. evil_rhinox

evil_rhinox Well-Known Member

There's someone on the sales board trying to sell their MP-5 w/ upgrade kit for $250 plus shipping. I can't... I just can't...

14. jjtitus

jjtitus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I keep seeing people post about receiving theirs from TCP already and I don't even have a shipping notice. I ordered in November. Sigh... This is ridiculous....

15. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    Please forgive me, I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but it baffles me how many people are STILL posting about the hips not tabbing in properly. If you've read just a handful of these pages, watched only one review or anything, how is it possible people still don't know about the third fold out tab?

16. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Haha, we live in a world where instant gratification (sometimes leading to instant depression) rules.

17. magick

magick Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Oh I'm sure they have a broken version from which they could send the instruction bag.

18. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Possibly. Although they said they'll send the instructions with all the spare parts , as well as a new inner leg piece as soon as they become available.

19. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    No glue on the orange plug on Megs. I pulled it off with my fingers. The silencer plug is really glued in there. I worked on it for 15 seconds or so before setting it aside to be worked on later.

20. Illmatic

Illmatic Well-Known Member

I think this figure has its flaws and can be scary to transform at times, but I still like it very much. Apollyon is a very important part of my MP collection. If I were to travel back in time and show this to my three year old self, I think my younger self would be paralyzed in amazement. Ever since I was kid, I dreamed of at least having an Optimus Prime and a Megatron figure to put in battle poses. I understand that some of the shipped figures have unfortunate flaws (Paint scrapes, scratches, dents, broken parts, etc.), but is this figure really as bad as something like Kronos (sorry to those that like Kronos) or any renowned faulty figure? I think not.