X-Transbots MX-28 Fast and MX-29 Fury (MP Runabout and Runamuck)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Grifter Prime, Aug 4, 2021.

1. chirtman

chirtman S.T.A.R.S

Ebay:
    Well shit I knew there were a few I missed.

So the other Quintesson, Galvatron, Deathsaurus and Cyclonus re-issue. Theres probably a few more re-issues too.
    Hell lets put Grapple and Inferno back on the list it's only been around 6 years, and I'm sure the Decepticon powermasters were revealed by someone a few years back.

Thats 20+ releases queing up, 5 a year over the next 4 years? Starting to feel like XTB are the vapourware kings.

I still want them all. Hopefully before I'm retired.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ha ha I did too! Shoulda made the black one the Trans Am! Although I couldn't tell the difference when I was 7.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hans

Hans Secret Agent

News Credits:
    I've actually seen some 1982 Trans Ams without the ram-air hood, but after all these years it's possible those may not be original. Or Canadian, because it seems they didn't get the ram-air option?
    Anyway, considering how Runamuck lacks both the ram-air hood and t-tops but does have the "bowling ball" type hubcaps, I'd say he's a Firebird Formula : )

I'll be picking these up for sure. I still love how X-Transbots makes their figures very cartoon accurate. Yes, Fuzz was difficult to transform and I didn't even dare to transform Locke (Kup's altmode isn't that interesting anyway), but Locke is still the best looking MP Kup and Fuzz still looks great in both robot and Nissan 300Z-form. I'm still a fan : )

• Like Like x 3
  4. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's a few reasons. The relative dearth of Decepticons compared to Autobots in the first few seasons and especially when it comes to carbots. The fact that, once season 3 came along, a lot fewer of the bots and cons had earth based alt modes and the characters got a lot less interesting as far as I'm concerned - most of them you could lift from the stories and replace them with a S1 or S2 bot/con and it wouldn't make a difference to the story at all. Runabout/muck, though had their own personalities (well, I guess they basically shared a personality but whatever). They got that issue where they went awol and just went around vandalizing American monuments. They continued to appear, albeit infrequently, throughout the rest of the comic (iirc one of them got eaten by those weird critters that showed up in Cybertron's tunnels near the end of the run).

As for the Powermasters, more earth jets but with a different transformation than the seekers along with a weird combined mode was pretty awesome. For the most part they had the generic Decepticon thug personalities but being a combiner that couldn't stand each other while being combined was an interesting take and they had the distinction of being the foes at Optimus' return - it's hard to get much more distinguished than that. Add in a run-in with Skylynx (oh right, he's the other exception to my S1-TFTM rule) and you've got a pretty cool duo.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @ibot real quick while we've got you. Any chance we can get a sit-rep on Locke and/or Virtus?

• Like Like x 4
  7. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any possibility Runamuck could come with the death crystal cannon?
    [​IMG]

Also mark me down as interested in the Decepticon Powermasters but only in their Buster/Hydra color schemes.

• Like Like x 5
  8. TheSupernova

TheSupernova Out there. Thataway.

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's an odd mish-mash of Firebird there. It's definitely got the stylings of the 1982-84 cars (front "grills", and rear spoiler). The vented front fenders and hubcaps are definitely Trans Am trademarks, but the lack of the power bulge/ram air hood is definitely an oversight (you COULD get a V8 Firebird back then, though the Formula trim level didn't come until roughly '87). And those pop-up headlights...yikes!!

(My first car was an '84 Firebird, so I'm kinda geeking out a bit here LOL)

• Like Like x 3
  9. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm i want to be more excited. Have wanted mp versions of tnese guys forever. I havr a few complaints or suggestions though....runamuck needs his toy inspired deco. Need to see some orange and gold here. Also the alt mode undercarrriage kibble looks unsightly from the side. Something shapewise is off too with the alt mode too i think.

Runabouts alt mode is suppposed to be an espirit but looks off to my eye....will need to compare. Also the reddish orange tint needs to bw more obvious.

Also these guys look a bit too skinny and tall like FT stunticons. They are definitely on the taller side for car bots

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Looking good, but with XTB's track record on quality and engineering I'm definitely waiting to see how they turn out in people's hands before deciding whether or not to get them.

11. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

This is awesome news! My season 3 decepticon lineup is definitely in need of more members.

[​IMG]

After these guys, we need the predacons and terrorcons too.

But waitaminute...why do both of these figures seem to have the same mouthplate? Runamuck's mouthplate is supposed to be wide and flat, and different from Runabout's:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@ibot Is it possible you could give Runamuck's his unique mouthplate, instead of the same one as Runabout?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  12. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt quieted...but never silenced.

want to say I'm in on these guys, but I would want more paint details to bring them more in line with the toy deco and to make them a bit more visually appealing. I would almost bet that as soon as I bought these with the intent on painting the details myself that they would come out with the youth/toy versions.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ibot

ibot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    all different molds

• Like Like x 4
  14. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I've been wanting them, but I'm done with XTB. They certainly haven't improved since the Menasor trailer and Kup nonsense. I'll just wait for someone else to make them, or make them myself if I get bored enough.

15. ibot

ibot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oh yes you are right. we will fix that . thanks for pointing out.

• Like Like x 25
  16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    They went to all the trouble of making distinct alt modes but gave them the exact same gun and faceplate?

17. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    I mean fuzz was a not great transformation but still a solid figure.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

IT\'S ABOUT TIME, I LOVE THESE GUYS

• Like Like x 1
  19. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    I was so excited to see these this morning! Can't wait! I just pray for a simpler transformation than what I saw from the Fuzz reviews!

20. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One comparison up-thread for you. The Esprit looks spot on to me, as we come to expect from XTB. The only thing standing out as off to me is he seems to have orange repeaters on the wing mirrors. Never seen that on an S3 Esprit (and even went looking for pics and can't find a single one). @ibot - save yourself a tiny bit of sculpting and a couple paint apps and remove it! :)