X Transbots MX-22 Commander Stack (MP scale G1 Ultra Magnus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by deathsheadII, Jan 23, 2021.

1. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    So when did XTB start putting QC stickers on their stuff? o_O 

2. Peterson0260

Peterson0260 I stare back.

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well he has one on his foot on mine. I will take pics of it later. Im at work right now.

3. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    People keep photographing them, so they obviously want in on the trend.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ldl0021

ldl0021 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Beautiful work & that’s how he should have came

• Like Like x 1
  5. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    :lol  To each their own, but I don't get it. It's like leaving stickers on a cap, looks dumb. But hey, more power to all you fellers that dig it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Darthmarto

Darthmarto Well-Known Member

anyone, is the transformation worse than Road King? Everyone says its fiddly, but to a certain degree its to be expected. I remember doing road king the first time and going whoa. But in the end its an entire truck. We praise road king for its engineering......im inclined to praise this one.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    To imitate FT success

8. werewolfspice

werewolfspice Bat Chain Puller

Ebay:
    I haven't gotten an XTB with a QC sticker on it yet, but it's likely that the Youth Version of Stack will be my first one.
    I absolutely cannot wait to play the "I wonder what defines Quality Control in this scenario" game that the little green sticker sometimes invites.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Powerglide70053

Powerglide70053 Yeah but (insert figure name) is no Voltron..

Few figures back.. I'm sure I remember my Perceptor Janssen having one

10. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did Locke v2? I have a feeling it started then, almost as if to say they realised the first was so shit, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Official TFW2005 Masterpiece Weigher

DSC_1890.JPG

This is a frustrating piece of trash, was planning on doing a proper photoshoot, but transforming Stack to alt mode and back made my blood boil. The materials and paint are great, but that is where the praise ends. A mate of mine wants to experience him, so I will send it to him and afterwards he will be sold on.

Typical over engineered Xtransbots crap design. I can't wait to buy their Runamuck and Runabout and be done with this company.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Alex H

Alex H Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    With regards to the scale, the size difference between this and MP44 is identical to that between Newage's Prime and Ultra Magnus. Doesn't mean it's right for everyone but I do wonder if these differences jump out more at MP scale versus legends scale (the size of MP22 is one of my favourite things about him so I'd be good with this if I had it).

13. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

Over engineered ?

Every piece has a purpose and sensible movement. How on earth would you expect a toon accurate front and back slim Magnus to turn into a truck with out being involved? Genuine question but what were you expecting the transformation to look like?

• Like Like x 18
  14. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Official TFW2005 Masterpiece Weigher

For one, I didn't ask for toon accuracy and for two, what I expected was something that didn't want to make me chuck it through the window.

Transforming Moon Studio MS-04 Moon Shine was also perceived as difficult and over engineered, yet I managed him just fine by following the instructions. It was rewarding. Xtransbots didn't manage that, at all. The transformation gets you from point A to point B, sure, but it's like hitting yourself in the head with the figure after every step.

15. blurr95

blurr95 Team Monkey Pants

Did you try doing that, hitting yourself in the head with? Maybe by the time you got to the end, it would have made some since. Maybe.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Darthmarto

Darthmarto Well-Known Member

this is my thought
    i watched the initial transfoirmation and thought "fuc k me this is involved"
    but the more i thought about it i wondered how the hell they would do it
    The only way well know if it can be done any better would be when fanstoys does theirs. I do legit think fanstoys may do a better transformation. However we may not end up comparing apples to apples there given theyre doign the weird armor thingy.....
    So whilst i get the frustration as i have also wanted to throw XTB against walls on more than one occasion, this piece is one where i am more willing to forgive the transformation than other times. Say compared to fuzz. Thats transforming intoo....a fucking CAR.

• Like Like x 3
  17. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recommend MP-22 instead - lacks the slavish toon accuracy you didn't ask for AND has a relatively straightforward transformation. As an added bonus there's probably a fair few that will have recently been listed on eBay. Win/win!

• Like Like x 12
  18. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

Say whaaaa

If you didnt want toon accuracy why buy this? You can get a nice g1 reissue for much less

RE: the complexity I do feel you, transforming MP-36 and MP-44 were hateful affairs but sometimes it can be an experience thing but it doesnt detract from stinging fingers and frustration.

That said, this looks, from online videos, relatively simple for the two modes we get compared to some of the messes that are out there.

Full disclosure though, not sure I will transform mine, will see.

• Like Like x 6
  19. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    This may be involved, but I can almost guarantee that it's either just as bad or not as bad as Badcube's Warpath....that thing was a fucking nightmare for some reason. This being XTB doing Ultra Magnus... 1) I accept that something from them is going to have a pretty involved transformation regardless the size of the figure. 2) It's an all in one transformation Ultra Magnus. Even MP 22 was a pretty crazy transformation, but I will say that was a pretty satisfying transformation. Whenever I should happen to buy this, I won't be transforming it, but with all the hubbub this is garnering, I may do it just because of that. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  20. nobody1898

nobody1898 Well-Known Member

I think some of the cab parts seem a bit much but on the other hand they made a full semi truck cab disappear. and I truly believe the worst part of this transformation is that the arms flop around for the entire sequence and it makes it cumbersome to hold.

• Like Like x 1