X-Transbots - MP Deathsaurus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Starganderfish, Feb 9, 2018.

1. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

I remember hearing about this long before that video confirmed by Ibot... which means it is quite far along and probably will be sprung like Simba. I like.
    Deathsaurus (and his breastmasters) are long overdue.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    So for as long as we’ve waited, we’re getting both an XTB AND KFC version of him? I’m buying both:lol 

• Like Like x 1
  3. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

This whole thread is a rather, shall I say, odd precedent set. o_O  No picture, no schematics, no prototype...just at "this" portion of the video this company's designer said "we" were working on said figure? Ok....carry on.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Primeconvoy1

Primeconvoy1 Cybertronian Broker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Saw the video yesterday, and I'm glad that is still in the works. I'm hoping we get a render or proto pic soon.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Shuggaroth

Shuggaroth Kahn, but Wings.

Ebay:
    There was a post in the Simba thread, that there was a Deathsaurus being worked on. It was from a while back, Ill see if I can find it.

From Nov/Dec 2016

Chrisola: So.... KFC Deathsaurus anyone ?! :eek:  Post #757 in the Simba thread
    Dr. Killinger: Is already in the works.

ichnach: Got a source for that or just speculation? would love it to be true. Post #768
    Daimchoc: Because it is...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Been rumored for a while - GCI Toys guy also mentioned it agesssssssssss ago. And my email to The big K in November last year got an enthusiastic response (which i hope is positive and means it's in the works :p  ).

What i took from the video is he basically says yes we are working on it, and hope to be first to market. Earlier on he also mentioned there was a lot of competition for the same figures between 3rd party.

Maybe they're tired of announcing and getting countered by another TP or fans moaning about long waits etc and are keeping things quieter?

Also, in this hobby there is a lot to be said for 'new! shiny shiny!'. FT's Galvatron is great, but when Abaddon hits I'll have been staring at the FT one for over a year (assuming it happens this year) and XTB \ KFC nearly always nail their sculpts and have a way of just looking better than other companies. Delaying the release until the competition is 'old' might not be a bad tactic.

Same with the other XTB \ KFC releases in limbo. If their Springer looks as good in the plastic as it does in the render, and transforms better than the FT one, then people will be tempted to replace the 'old' with the new shiny.

Capture.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  7. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    My goodness. I’ve never been so excited than I am by reading this.

• Like Like x 1
  8. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would be pissed if this is sprung on us like their Simba without any renders while their other projects with renders and prototypes drags on and on and on in limbo.

• Like Like x 1
  9. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I understand where you are coming from but the KFC and XTB design teams are completely separate. They can't help each other. KFC isn't the source of the backlog. All of their figures are out. All of the figures with renders and prototypes is XTB with 598 Robots/539 Designs. Monolith is 100% the source of the continued backlog they had hoped to resolve last year. It got stolen and forced them to move a whole combiner with 5 figures up a year (Virtus, Locke, Abaddon, Neptune, Toro would all have been out by now). It pissed everybody off and ruined a lot of plans.

XTB's release schedule is Crackup, Flipout, Toro/Coprimozzo, Savant, Neptune, Overheat, Deathwish

KFC Deathsaurus development far precedes Nov 2016, more like early 2016. This figure has been worked on for quite a while and like Simba they knew if they nailed it they could likely hold off competitors who were focusing on US toon. Dreadwing, the release this summer, far predates the announcement last year as well. If you look closely at the back of the Apollyon box you can see it. KFC is also working on Astrotrain, Runabout/Runamuck, Superion, and Fembots. Also they are working on an Ultra Magnus suit for MP-10. I heard rumors of a Rodimus Prime, Sixshot, and PMOP but I doubt that at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Gojira101

Gojira101 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If I’m getting that right but Deathsaurus in 2018 would be awesome! Double dip on this guy for sure. Hopes include taller than MP Star Saber but shorter than Victory Saber. Under $200 would be sweet also.

I have 3 Simbas, sealed that Chrome with some Future floor polish right away. Only other issue is one of his arm panels became loose but that is easily fixed with Future floor polish again.

I really hope pictures go up soon.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Totally uninterested because it being from XTB/KFC, but it's nice to see Ransas getting the MP treatment.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Where are you getting the information on the projected releases?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Zyros

Zyros Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's scaled and sized to match MP Star Saber.

• Like Like x 3
  14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

iBot released the schedule. He also confirmed the other ones for this year. KFC Stratotanker confirmed Dreadwing as next release and rumored releases of Astrotrain and Runabout/Runamuck were confirmed to nighthawkblack by iBot. Essentially all of this is just a summary of information and confirmations from iBot that we have received.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Zyros

Zyros Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Youre right in saying he was developed early 2016, I'll give you that.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Having MP Star Saber and Victory Leo, I'll gladly buy a good MP Deathsaurus to go against them. I hope we'll see soon something more concrete about him.

• Like Like x 1
  17. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Dont worry guys, he will come along. After Abaddon, which will come after Torro. Which will come after the Dante, which will come after Dreadwing, Which will come after Darkwing which will come after Menasor.

I have no beef with XTB, in fact I am willing to give them the benefit of chosing them for my MP figures after some recent success they had and my stellar recent purchase. However (and that goes for Takara), I might be slow in buying stuff, but I am not alone. The pace suits me fine, but a lot of people need their collections complete before their grandchildren have children of their own....

• Like Like x 3
  18. godmaximonius

godmaximonius Well-Known Member

I’m going crazy waiting for some 3P company to finally release this guy. Maybe just a render to satisfy me for a few weeks? Then show off a Red Geist repaint? Am I asking for too much now?

Sorry for bumping this post up and getting others hopes up for news. My thinking was to get this post back on the main page and someone in the know will post some news. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  19. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    kinda like the FT Devastator megathread. so many pages on something that hasn'tspecifically even been confirmed.

• Like Like x 4
  20. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

There literally hasn’t been a single major 3P release since CNY, no? Did ppl at the factories go extra hard partying or is something far more sinister afoot??? :) 

• Like Like x 3