X-Transbots Locke (MP Kup)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 11, 2015.

1. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Live-action designs that in no way are based on g1? No. However, that Kup is based on G1 and is undeniably Kup. It's a fun nod that isn't hurting you. No need to ruin it for others just because you specifically don't enjoy it. you get your fair share of G1 heads/faces, just leave it in a box.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not sure if you're joking but there may be some truth to that. I'm not saying the final paint job is going to look like that (because, again, we've specifically been told that it won't) but you do have to wonder how the prototype ended up with those colors in the first place. Clearly there was some thought of making him metallic and I guess it just went overboard or something.

So yeah, I believe xtb when they say the colors will be better and there's definitely no need to overreact but I'm still curious how it happened in the first place.

Backpack? Did I miss that part? I read the bit about the hands but I didn't realize it was saying they were for MP28, and I definitely missed the backpack bit. That would be amazing and would probably be the thing that pushes me over the edge to buy this guy instead of just sticking with Koot. I did catch the target master bit which is nice but doesn't mean anything to me - I always leave my targetmasters in the box and, for those who want it, there's already a targetmaster release of mp28 (along with a KO of said release).

3. Chris C137

Chris C137 Have some self respect. Take the QC sticker off.

News Credits:
    So I've had time to pull out my measuring wheel and the 19cm height seems to be the same as Koot which works just fine for me.
    The IDW cygar face also looks to be a completely separate headsculpt with the flat top look. Good for fans of that I guess but I never read any of the IDW stories until the 2019 reboot, so not a big deal for me.

Agreed. I missed out on Eligos and Andras as I wasn't on the 3P bandwagon at the time, so if XTB deliver the goods with Locke and Virtus (and so far it looks like they will be really good) then between those and KFC's Junkions they'll have my S3 collection pretty much monopolised. I've got MP09, 28 and 40, and Fanstoys Hoodlum (mainly because I'm a Hot Rod/Rodimus fan boy) but if XTB ever wanted to take that character on, based on their other output of late I think they could do a better job than what's already on offer. I also got Quietus T but while it's nice I'm not completely besotted with that either, so if XTB wanted to reissue Eligos with paint I'd probably double dip for that too.

Yeah it was somewhat wishful thinking. Might not be worth the extra costs to sculpt and paint the detailing, but would be interesting to see if they did.

And from now on that's exactly who he'll be :p  Still waiting for a 3P to make use of that name

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instead of yelling at people for complaining about the paint, why not ask why, if this is not close to the final paint, why the hell they would paint it this way and then show it off?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    My bad, thought I saw V3 MP hands on hot rod in that new pic, goes I’m going crazy. As for the backpack, it mentions something about it in the blurb.

6. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I imagine they are testing grounds for a possible metallic repaint

7. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Probably because you can’t always tell what paint will look like when it’s actually on the three dimensional object in front of you. For all we know these colors worked perfectly in cad and now that the first painted samples are out there, it’s going to require some revamping.

Also if that’s not the case and this releases with metallic paint, blame fanstoys, it is inarguably their fault.

8. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I'm only kidding. I know it's not final, I'm just stating how I feel about the current colours to hopefully inspire a better final look. I have Koot so I don't know if I'm in on this one yet, but I'm invested in their Springer so I hope they aren't taking their movie bots in a whole new style direction that won't fit with any other characters

• Like Like x 2
  9. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    FT Rouge and Hoodlum and their Blurr and OM Springer all look pristine, but shit piece just looks like it doesnt belong with them...maybe the exact colors chosen, i dont know, but FT Koot just didnt work at all for me.

eh, maybe i wait for a repaint that looks pristine or younger, less shit unpainted piece.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    iBot himself showed up in this fucking thread and specifically said the colors would be more high-gloss, non-metallic, in keeping with the general appearance of most MPs lately (including their figures).

• Like Like x 2
  11. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Looks like he's sized to MP Hot Rod? Hmm, if that's the case... MMC Azalea may be in my future after all. Is the original (movie) deco still available anywhere/being reissued? I like the more magenta deco with the black highlights but not for my movie display.

12. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

Chill out buddy...ain't nobody pissed in your cereal.....
    We all read that, we just don't trust 3p people to make the smart choices as evidenced by the numerous brain farts in the past... hence we make it as clear as fucking day to them...

• Like Like x 2
  13. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Preaching to the choir man, I get it lol

• Like Like x 3
  14. PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks

PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks Well-Known Member

Maybe some people pop on and off the forum in the middle of their everyday life (job, kids, etc...) and don't have time to read every new comment or go back pages and pages to look for updates on something. Ideally, this is not the most important thing any of us are doing during the day. So it is kind of amazing to me someone would not understand that.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    That's a fair point and I don't think anyone would dispute it. Only issue is the pertinent info was right above the picture in question in the very same post.

Either way this is going nowhere really. We know these colours are hand painted, we know ibot has said it won't be as metallic.

That's the bottom line. Even though that pic is photoshopped......

• Like Like x 3
  16. Chris C137

News Credits:
    A reminder of the renders that XTB put out in 2018 (lol they sure took their time with this) showing much more accurate colours than the test shot, which are on the front page of this thread:
    87488dc2ly1fv4mmqxqz6j21nk13kb2b.jpg

The test shot colours aren't final. They are for exactly that. Testing. They can paint the test shot in Arcee's colours for all I care as long as the final colours are good.

And as @TigerBlade said, scrolling through pages to catch up on things wasn't required, the relevant info was in the same post as the test shot picture.

Anyhoo, that sharkticon tail. I like it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

I did ask just that, and had my hand slapped. If they had no intention of using the paint, WTF is the paint (uh-huh) of doing so???

18. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    To be totally honest, for Kup I would’ve preferred a finish more akin to that on MP-47. It works well for hound’s military alt. mode, and I think it would work for this old veteran.

• Like Like x 2
  19. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

Imagine that! I don't think people should be made to feel bad if they occasionally pop in, check the last page in a thread. Expecting people to be on the boards every day for every post for every figure they might have interest in is...unrealistic. In this case, apparently some pics were on the same page, but bear in mind that hosted or attached pictures very often don't load or aren't visible.

Hmm. It's pictures like that, with torso nearly bisecting, that are the reason(s) I bought Koot. Then I tried to transform Koot and IMMEDIATELy had a lot of regret.

20. Chris C137

News Credits:
    Barring one or two figures, isn't that pretty much any figure with an ab crunch?