X-Transbots Locke (MP Kup)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Omega Riz

Omega Riz Well-Known Member

These guys are probably the smartest company when it comes to choosing characters that Takara won't or will take a long time in doing.

2. whitewolfe313

whitewolfe313 Well-Known Member

I want a face with a cigar!

3. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really interested to see where they go height wise. S1/2 conflicts with S3 a bit given that the carbots of S1/2 were much smaller than Prime, but in S3 everyone was pretty much the same height. Will Kup scale with carbots or will he be as tall as MP10? No precendent set by Takara yet so I am very keen to see the choice.

4. Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic Goodbye

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime = Rodimus Prime
    Ironhide = Hot Rod, Kup, Springer
    Prowl = Arcee, Blurr
    Bumblebee = Wheelie

This is rough at best, but I'd like something like this.

5. Omega Riz

Omega Riz Well-Known Member

That's about right.
    I would like them to use the movie as a reference where possible instead of season 3/4 lazy animation.

6. KevinSig

KevinSig Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Actually, you can find a compilation of the size charts here.

It might not be perfectly accurate, since it puts together size chart images from different sources. However, it's a good place to work from.

7. Son of Carl

Son of Carl ROCK BEATS EVERYTHING

Yeah, I prefer the scale that's in this chart.(Not because it's in the chart, but because that's the way I remember the characters). Springer and Rodimus being the same size and Kup, Blur, and Arcee being in the same size class as Ironhide.

8. Exousia

Exousia Lost Lighter

News Credits:
    I wonder if that, or well, the part with the pertinent characters, is from S3 or the movie. Because that doesn't jive with my memories of the movie.

I'd personally have Springer be a bit smaller (taller than Rodimus Prime, really?) and Kup a bit taller (though his animation model varied a lot).

9. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree. I look forward to seeing exactly where they land. For one thing the size they setle on will dicate wether MP Roddy/Hot Rod can function as Hot Rod (to Kup) or wether a new one is needed.

MP Hot Rod/Rodimus is an odd one because he is two different charaters who were different sizes. (more so than the toy allows for) I personally like his hot Rod face better, but he's insanely huge at that size.

10. 18inchcombiner

18inchcombiner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I perfer the cartoon accurate size of right up Prime but just above MP-27 would be fine with me.

Attached Files:

11. Exousia

Exousia Lost Lighter

News Credits:
    Ew, Season 3's "they're all pretty much the same height, right?" style was terrible. There's also a frame out there with Kup and Ultra Magnus being the same height.

Throughout the movie (and it's higher animation budget) Kup is shown to be around the same size as Hot Rod. Arcee and Blurr are also around the same height, though sometimes shown to be a bit shorter. Springer is certainly the tallest, outside the Dinobots and Magnus, but he certainly didn't tower over the others. All of them were pretty close to Perceptor's height, who himself has varied between "carbot" (Datsuns) and van/truckbot (Ironhide and Inferno) height.

12. johnnysamson

johnnysamson Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    yup....lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. artistvideogame

artistvideogame Well-Known Member

Eyes are a bit too large.

14. 18inchcombiner

News Credits:
    Ummm. The datsuns or the vans were never shown with KUP. He was first introduced in the movie after they were killed off. HOT ROD is headmaster height along with the other Targetmasters & that's consistent toon accurate. Magnus always was taller than him, even bending down next to him or in the shots were he was way in front always looks closer to someone's height. Next to Prime he is just at shoulder height at the least his chin. He should be just above MP-27 & around Make Toys Cupola/MP Chromedome scale as he was consistently in the toon.

I am fine with UT Buzzing height barely made it at 22 CM but I beleive XTB will be more MP scale than that with KUP. 23CM would be cool and that is 0.7 inches shorter than Prime which is about right.

Attached Files:

15. harrismonkey

News Credits:
    7 inches shorter than Prime just might be the shortest Kup toy ever produced. The CHUG version will tower over him.

:D 

16. 18inchcombiner

News Credits:
    You got my botch there, Fixed. .6 smaller rather than .7 is fine. I am very specific about scale otherwise I don't put up the money. I walk the walk with my wallet when sized accordingly.

The CHUG/generations/Henkei SERGEANT KUP is under-appreciated at that height & that is taller than the vintage toy.

17. harrismonkey

News Credits:
    I figured. Couldn't help it. :) 

He is a good toy. I had him hanging out with my MP's recently. Couldn't quite decide if he looked ok with them or not. But close enough it warrented consideration.

18. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP-27 height or Cupola height would work for me. Close enough imho.

19. BAD187

BAD187 Banned

How is a car bit as big as prime?

20. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    You're thinking way too conventionally. Prime was an 80's semi. Kup is a Cybertronian flatbed space Ranchero from the distant future of 2010 as seen through the eyes of a designer from 1984-6. There's no telling how big he'd be.