X-Transbots Locke (MP Kup)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 11, 2015.

1. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Old):
    Version 2 locke is on sale for $129 at TF Safari which is a great deal for anyone interested.

2. Bryman022

Bryman022 Well-Known Member

I have Koot and just recently transformed it for the first time and plan on keeping it in alt mode now since I got my Locke V2.
    I think locke definitely looks better than koot, but as far as transformation goes, Koot wasn't bad at all. I did follow a video guide and had to do the mod where you shave down a couple tabs for clearance. I haven't braved trying to transform locke, but based on the v1 I personally think locke is the harder one to transform. My locke is gonna be in bot mode on my 86 movie shelf so I won't be transforming it anytime soon.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Get a room you two!

• Like Like x 1
  4. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    noticed earlier i had put the waterslide logo slightly off centre and now i can't unsee it! :lol  worried about trying to take it off with the xtb paint under it so probably have to live with it now

5. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Old):
    Would it loosen up and be easy to move or remove if you were to use a cotton ball soaked with water holding it against the decal? This way it would only be water and not having to submerge it.

6. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    That is a mighty load

• Like Like x 1
  7. arobichaud

arobichaud Well-Known Member

Trsource has this on sale for $109. Is it version1 being pawned off?

8. VenomGTSR

VenomGTSR Well-Known Member

The one in the pictures is the V1. Not sure which one they are selling, but I would be wary.

• Like Like x 1
  9. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I was wondering this too. There is a review from this month on the product page saying that IS the Version 2, so going off that I went ahead and ordered one. I'd love to get more confirmation, though...

EDIT: Mailed TFSource to ask, they seem to think it’s the V2. But, you know, grain of salt and all that…

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  10. jcb213

jcb213 Well-Known Member

Anyone who bought V1 from The Chosen Prime receive their replacement V2 yet? I’m on their replacement list, but I haven’t heard anything in a while.

11. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Old):
    Wow what a great price! I should have waited a little longer! It's always a kicker when something goes on sale for a great deal within a short time after you finally decide to get yours, oh well! Based off the two reviews, one with subtle mention and the other clearly saying its V2, you should have nothing to worry about. Honestly Tfsource should have sent back any and all V1s they had when it became such an issue that XTB had to create V2.

Separately, I had mentioned in an earlier post that the outward leg swivel with Locke felt too tight with binding pressure similar to Deathwish and I finally took him apart and saw it's a completely different style of hip hinge using a bigger ring with a 5mm through hole and two halves that fit to it forming a mushroom peg for the thigh to connect to. The post on those two halves is also 5mm which is to be expected but measuring with calipers they are the exact same size down to the thousandths. This is creating too much of an interference fit and are only fitting together because its plastic that can flex. If these parts were metal with those dimensions, they'd never go together. So, either the post or the inside diameter of hip should be sanded down slightly, enough to retain a snug friction fit. Be aware that it is such a tight fit from XTB that as you take the leg apart to get down to the hip pieces will leave it feeling like that piece is glued in, it really takes having leverage from the leg to move that joint which is not good and probably a good part of the reason some people had the thigh slider break. I'll get some pics up soon.

12. chaosanderson

chaosanderson Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I sent an email to ask, Per Jeremy at Tfsource it is Locke V2

13. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm sure if TFSource says it's a V2, it's a V2. Shockingly these people do know what they're doing.

14. arobichaud

arobichaud Well-Known Member

I don’t that they do. It confused me because they used version 1 photos. Great deal though

15. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Old):
    I think every store is still using v1 pics but have mostly clarified that they are in fact selling v2.

16. nobody1898

nobody1898 Well-Known Member

I thought V1 was recalled and I heard that some place had to send their V1s back.

I'd be surprised if a store would bait and switch you. It would be a real hit to their reputation

17. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure reputation matters for TFSource anymore. If all the other negative stuff thst gets posted here doesn't hurt them, I'm not sure something like this would.

They're kind of established enough thst their mere existence sustains itself.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Casetronic

Casetronic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    What kind of negative stuff? I've never bought from them before but pulled the trigger on Locke and Quietus.

19. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    They have been known to open up the boxes and swap the robots for cheese. I'm sure you'll be fine, though.

20. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Votes MPG-07 = Mixmaster

You really, really, really need to double check FTSource's pricing. They tend to have rather outrageously high prices even on PO's sometimes. Just because the figure is normally $599 on their site and marked down to $299 during a sale, you may still be able to find it for $209 somewhere else. But on the flip side I hear that their customer service for damaged products is rather good so you don't have to sweat missing or broken pieces and waiting 8 months for parts from China.

But that XTB Locke price is excellent ($5 less than I paid last week on AliExpress) and even Quietus is not bad. Although I did spot Quietus plus the Universal Stand for $260 at Terry's TF Club this weekend (4 days only).