X-Transbots Locke (MP Kup)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 11, 2015.

1. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Yes. For pocket change you can't argue. Mine holds together fine for posing and still looks better than Koot. Never gonna transform it tho.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Realist

I think it depends, my V1 is currently in display till I get v2. I transformed mine and other than a few parts popping off that weren't properly glued, it's holding up pretty well. Some people have complebroken V1's

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    And why do we care if xtb looses money? It was their shit product being sold. Like i said they keep giving the run around. Sounds like a really trustworthy company to me

• Like Like x 5
  4. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Doesn't sound like he has any intention of transforming it. Display only. For shipping costs only that's fine. Figure poses fine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So I just saw that TFS sent out their email within the last hour. Within it, it states that when you make the purchase for the V2 option for those who already bought V1 that you should put your reference number from V1 in the comments. Well, I jumped the gun yesterday and didn't do that, obviously. I sent them a reply giving them my reference number in hopes that it won't cause any problems. So if you bought from TFS and haven't seen the email yet or gone in yet to re-order your V2, don't forget to enter in your reference number for V1. :rolleyes:  If this causes any problems for me to not have it be sent out, lol.. oh lord.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lester316

Lester316 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I'm not overly impressed that to get a V2 copy I'll have to wait for the slowboat shipping whilst other TFS Express/Omegalock customers who didn't buy the V1 can get one faster; that hardly builds customer goodwill for me with XTB or TFSE/Omegalock.

That said I've learned from this one. I ordered from the above site because they ship from the UK so in future I will make use of UK laws and a defective figure like V1 will be returned to them within the first month and I'll get my refund rather than waiting months for the V2 only to find I'm at the back of the queue. After all if I had my money back I could buy the V2 first.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Dangard Ace

Dangard Ace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just saw my tfs-express (China) email. Since I didn’t send it back I paid for shipping v2. Payment sent. Now the wait.

• Like Like x 2
  8. chirtman

chirtman S.T.A.R.S

Ebay:
    Exactly. There is some talk of the replacements being the slow boat stock because this helps reduce shipping costs.

Nonsence. It doesn't matter where or when they are sourced from. X amount come now and another X amount come later. There would be no financial difference, the slower stock would still have shipping charges to new buyers either way.

The entire first stock should go to the people waiting. If there isn't enough then so be it, some would have no choice but to wait.

At least some if not most of us would get our patiently waited for V.2 as a priority over new customers.

• Like Like x 6
  9. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I don't think it's an intentional decision that puts you, as a UK customer, to the back of the queue. It's XTB's decision to use the cheapest shipping, not tfs-e uk. I think ppl are missing this point in their impatience. Should we expect tfs-e to pay the extra for shipping when none of this was their fault? Why should they be out of pocket for an admitted 3p company fuck up? If you're angry, aim that anger at the right place.

I'm remarkably calm at this point. I've got a v1 that holds up fine as a display piece and I'll get a v2 when it arrives by boat. Wouldn't surprise me if stores stop selling xtb stuff if they get fucked over because of this and that's sad because it'll effect some of us and our options.

• Like Like x 3
  10. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like me?

Yeah, I've paid to ship v1 to me. And to ship it back.

And now v2 is £10 more expensive. Plus I need to ship him.

Not sure those of us who got refunds lucked out any...

Oh, and my refund went on Virtus. Who I've really enjoyed having in hand for 8 months. Oh, wait...

• Like Like x 3
  11. Lester316

Twitter:
    How is it impatience for the customer who had waited months for a copy which isn't falling to pieces and paid for it well before that awful version arrived to want their copy before brand new buyers exactly? What a ludicrous comment.

I don't expect TFS-E to pay extra shipping and I agree XTB is to blame but that doesn't mean I should be happy or fine about how it is all handled either.

Adding this later - maybe TFS-E should have had all their Locke's shipped by slowboat and then nobody would feel like they'd been overlooked. At the end of it all XTB and TFS-E have my (and other folks) V1 money and we have a pile of junk; if pile of junk owners aren't happy I'd say that pretty reasonable given the circumstances.

Like I said lesson learned. If I receive a faulty product in the future I'll return it and have my money back rather than wait and trust to be looked after first as a loyal customer. It might not be TFS-E's fault but V1 owners shouldn't have to wait longer than new buyers for a V2 copy.

Also who said I'm angry. I'm just disappointed.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Lester316

Twitter:

I feel you there. None of the V1 buyers have had good luck. Honestly if my money wasn't still tied up I may well have ditched the whole Locke debacle and moved on to something not made by XTB. I also paid in full for Virtus months ago but got my money back once I saw how things were going.

XTB will never get more from me now than a $1 deposit and that's me deciding to take a risk.

• Like Like x 3
  13. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

Well these companies aren't huge and something like this can collapse them.

Your personal thoughts on xtb aside, it not good for any of us to lose a company in this small niche world we are in.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Hold on… I’m gonna set out a charcuterie board to go with all this whine.

“waaah why isn’t XTB taking an even bigger loss in the process of REPLACING MY FIGURE FOR FREE? How dare they use the slow boat for replacement figures that eat into their profits and airmail for first time purchases that add to their profits?”

“waaaah I gotta wait for my toy longer than someone else!”

“waaah I got a refund because I was impatient… I coulda kept my janky figure and gotten a new one for free, poor me”

Look, the original sucks, XTB admitted it, and either you got a full refund or you’re getting a better version for free. Quit crying. Jesus

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

Really? If a company loses money they produce less or stop producing at all resulting in a shrinking market with less options, this isnt rocket science..... Its not like they have gone out of their way to screw customers over and are actively working to replace poor merchandise yet you react as if they have been kicking your dog.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    I dont own locke but do own several other xtb figures. Do we want a company that makes toys that fall apart in transit to keep making toys? That seems odd. Seems like a rational person would want that company to have made a quality product to begin with. And then if an accident happens and a bad product gets released take care of the customers that already paid you first. Also just so u know this isn't personal its financial. Due to how xtb has handled this I have canceled all of my pos with them and will deal with them on a case by case basis. I wont roll over and show my belly just bc we are in a "small niche world".

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    I refer u to my previous response

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

yeah you said you dont have a dog in the fight, yet you are still reacting like they are kicking your dog, I will assume you are just trolling at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    Anyone here in the market to build a house? I have a bunch of junk lumber for sale. I didn't do anything to it to make it junk but if u just add some extra glue it should be ok. I need to make some money to do more drawings of other houses i want to build. If u have any major problems with it though ill exchange it for more junk lumber but only aftet i take care of my new customers first....

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    As a matter of fact the decision of buying or not is the dog in the fight. Funny how you need to have things spelled out for you but I'm the troll with my legit concerns about a company id like to buy from if only they would act like a legit company. Now tell me how they are small and we should just buy shit from them bc nobody else makes what they do....

• Like Like x 3