X-Transbots Locke (MP Kup)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 11, 2015.

1. The Allspice

The Allspice Seasoning is the right of all sentient beings!

Ebay:
    I'm sure we'll switch to: "how can you blame a producer of goods for errors at their own factory?" soon. As if we don't do that with every other consumer product on the planet, but for now:

4y06v1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Vwfan88

Vwfan88 Autobruh

9BC03075-DA3F-4FD5-A673-6959C9699C80.jpeg I have a good copy I guess. Living for Locke right now.

• Like Like x 11
  3. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This English translation is garbage, maybe XTB used google translation and just put on facebook. Let me try to address some of the translation issue I saw, inside () is my thought

(代工该产品代号为“L”的工厂预计正月初十开工)售后范围包括补件,返修,和更换。给大家造成的不便深表歉意。我们同时也勒令工厂停工整顿,不再代工其他XTB的作品。
    The factory produced "Locke" will back to work again on the 10th day after CNY, continue on after sales work related to replacement parts, repairs, and replacements, it won't build any other XTB products. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused ... blah blah blah. ---- (It means all the Locke related fix, parts will still be carried out by this same factory. )

MX-10 Virtus将会放在车厢和开路的工厂进行生产。
    The MX-10 Virtus will be produced in another factory produced trailer and Trailbreaker before. --- (I assume the "trailer" here is XTB Menasor trailer)

• Like Like x 8
  4. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Αm on the same boat regarding Eligos.I admit I havent decided yet....Probably the state of the Swarm package ill be receiving tomorrow will be the deciding factor....

Takaras apologists would say that Takara doesnt care for sales outside Japan. This might hold a shred of truth regarding Japanese PoV in general, but seems really unlikely seen as units are manufactured and exported world wide....Its all about the Benjamins and how to get them for the least cost. If they can get them without any kind of support and people accept that, then honestly I dont blame them. And in all honesty, if I want to be fair, I dont blame XTBs either.

The fact that they have their own production unit, is been know for perhaps more than year and was posted here by ibot. We dont need outside confirmation whoever this guy is or not (personally I dont give a rats turd if he is credible or not). Just saying.

Good to know that they will be using the wrong screws again I guess? o_O 

I would like for anyone who believes that this is somehow reassuring, the reason this is reassuring. Pure curiosity here.

• Like Like x 2
  5. SuperMegaAutobot

SuperMegaAutobot Well-Known Member

Pretty much all of this. XTB's comms and expectation setting are so below standard, and it's such a self-inflicted issue. It's such an easy thing to do if you give a damn about doing it well, and can go a long way.

Also, my ignore filter game is strong on this site, and it's amazing the difference in experience you can get just by toggling it on or off. I do it for fun, on occasion.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

[​IMG]

and...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Now time to get Hoodlum!

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks if you're happy. My Locke isn't perfect but it's a damn sight better than alot that I'm seeing, no scuffs, scratches, breaks and holds a pose perfectly fine. I'm good but I feel for those with a shit show. It isn't acceptable. I just hope Springer is a return to their previous form.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Vwfan88

Vwfan88 Autobruh

It’s a no to Hoodlum.

• Like Like x 5
  9. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

I know you won't transform your copy but I wonder if you'd change your opinion afterwards. ;)  I still think he looks good and wouldn't feel the need to transform him myself, but for that price I want to know that in theory the figure wouldn't fall apart. Hopefully future production runs will save the design. Until then Koot will stay where he is.

• Like Like x 4
  10. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I don't use it, but I have noticed that the environment on the 3p forums has been nice for couple of days. I wonder why...

Edit: nahhh there are still trolls here... :( 

11. pilot00

Valentines. Some people FINALLY must have got laid, so less frustration around....

• Like Like x 3
  12. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Lol!!!!

13. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    It's possible. No doubt about it.

But I've seen copies with really bad scratches and scuffs. I have none of that and if I did, I'd not be happy either and sending it back too.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Interim Head Warehouse Spelunker

News Credits:
    I am sorry you feel that way but most of this isn’t about FT fanboys/girls coming in here and insulting another company; it’s about giving XTB the criticism it deserves. It is a combination of the anger at XTB business practices of raising their prices in shady ways and delivering a shoddy product at the end of it.

Also, this argument of “Well, FT did this...” is one of the most pathetic arguments. Focus on the issue at hand and stop finding some cop-out. Another company’s flawed figure does not excuse or lessen the insult this garbage. Hold the party responsible accountable for their mistakes/dishonesty. I get tired of seeing this tactic used by anyone over the age of 3.

Possibly because I am newer to the hobby than others on here but I cannot remember a figure released by another company with this many egregious failures as this and I know this is not the first time KFC/XTB have done it. There is absolutely no way they did not know how terrible of a product they were shipping out.

When Neptune dropped, all I saw were praises (besides the usual isolated complaints of every figure) and many sold their FT Spin Drift. I also find Neptune enjoyable. Make better products and win the fandom or try to cheat people and burn. This is the way.

• Like Like x 10
  15. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Interim Head Warehouse Spelunker

News Credits:
    We’re Transformers fans and I don’t think our history shows much success in this area. Hopefully I am not just speaking about myself.

• Like Like x 1
  16. pilot00

Αs far as I am concerned yes :p  Never had a problem in that area due to hobbies of mine. And trust me I have way more....female un-friendly hobbies and collections than TF.

• Like Like x 3
  17. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Bravo! Bravisimo!!!! Why aren't there more people like you on this site?

FT, XTB, KFC, "TFC's family", etc... I will buy from whatever company offers me what I like assuming the product is good!

Yeah I hope the "vultures" go away some day... I can’t wait for Hot Toys' Vulture though lol

18. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Well if you have "something" appealing to the people you are attracted to, then you will not have problems finding that special someone regardless of your hobby.

• Like Like x 2
  19. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Massive assumption man. A hobby doesn't define other parts of your life, well I hope it wouldn't.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    It's funny, I've been waiting four months for my copy to get here from Germany, but I don't think I've ever been as unenthusiastic before about what should be the best available version of a character. He is just too much of an improvement - in robot mode - over Takara's to not pair with Locke for now.

• Like Like x 2