X-Transbots Locke (MP Kup)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 11, 2015.

1. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I sent an email, let's see what happens.

2. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blaming the victim is a game that Western people play VERY WELL.

• Like Like x 6
  3. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same with MP-44 and the loose/floppy TT MP seekers from a few years back.

• Like Like x 4
  4. DrCalligari

News Credits:
    I keep messing with the Target Masters because, in general, I really like Masters. All of them. Fun little dudes.

These ones seem unfinished design-wise. Neither have waste swivels, little to no thigh swivel, bad ankle articulation and in the case of Hotrod's there's just parts shoved into the legs to fill space.

They don't cut the mustard. I want them to, I do cause I dig the gimmick but they don't. Past XTB Masters are better.
    20210213_222705.jpg 20210213_221926.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  5. DrCalligari

News Credits:
    1_AkqHZZp_ke4z4SoMPGvBhg.gif

• Like Like x 5
  6. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic Well-Known Member

It still boggles my mind that TT has the worst CS out of anyone. I guess you can get away with it when you're that big, but man...

You're kinda making me nervous about my seeker 2.0 POs :p 

Has KFC typically sorted issues well in the past? I've heard that they have pretty good CS but still don't have any XTB figures. Probably Scourge soon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. primatives

primatives Well-Known Member

Was watching this video and looks like the quality parts that were manufactured seems to be of poor quality. Its disappointing to see XTB charge such a high price for their upcoming figures and not increase their quality at the same time. They should have upped their quality before upping their prices. I have their Stunticons but decided not to get their trailer because I prefer them as stand alone bots.

I think as a display piece their version of Kup does look good. I was hoping that they'd give FT some competition so keep FT on their game but unfortunately FT imo is still ahead when it comes to quality. I know FT has issues of their own but generally FT's products feel a lot better in hand and more solid.

One thing I can praise XTB for is their customer service which I've been able to get parts for no worries and their attempt at trying to listen to their customers by regularly posting on FB.

I won't be getting Kup or their version of Springer but I got my eyes on them to see how they progress as a company.

• Like Like x 4
  8. TCJJ

TCJJ 121% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I just want to reiterate how disappointed I am in this release. I was one of those who waited the five years or so for Locke, and now look where we are. I was seconds away from pre-ordering him recently (before the price hike), but I thought... eh, I'll just wait, there's no rush.

I guess there was a rush. It just wasn't on our end... I got lucky because I hesitated. Other times, I've missed figures because of that. But no matter the company, we shouldn't have a friggin' dice role for expensive products.
    Oh man, my brother works with asbestos. If I had bought Locke, I could have asked my brother to test it for stray fibres. :lol 
    I find punching a wall helps.

...as long as you don't put a hole in it, because then there goes your toy budget.

All my walls around here are pretty thin, so... Yeah, I clearly need to unwind. See below...
    I too would like to see some sources, but I too have heard the designer's name before and I don't think there's any reason to doubt who he is. How much he knows is hard to say, but given that we know at least some of the designers liaise with the factories, it seems likely that he's privy to this knowledge... which means XTB are lying. Like I said. Like WE said. I mean, hell, let's be real, everyone in this thread called BS on that statement. Makes me feel kinda proud, to be honest, like people have finally learnt not to take things lying down.
    Thank you for cherry-picking quotes to make a point in the most disingenuous way possible. I love "debating" with people who want to critique a single sentence in a larger message, almost all of which was an opinion.

Clearly, if you kept the context of my original comment, I was talking about Jabber relative to Locke, and so were the others who brought him up. I didn't see every single Jabber arriving in pieces or breaking when they were moved (not transformed). I didn't think the quality control was anywhere near as much of a crap-shoot as Locke. I don't remember pieces falling out of the box

I'm not here to tell you what the "appropriate response" is to be - that's up to the individual. All I said was that people were being overly harsh on Jabber compared to Locke. I never said Jabber had no flaws. I never said people couldn't be upset about him. I never said nobody had breakages or issues with their Jabbers.

You clearly want me to concede to an argument that you've conjured up, trying to use my words against me to back me into a corner. Your arguments are weaselly and, frankly, cowardly. And I apologise if that's not your intention but that's two replies to me now that sound very much like you're trying to get me to concede that I was wrong. I stand by what I said, and I'm not going to continue this fruitless argument because you can't handle someone's opinion over a figure you got that was defective and, instead of getting replacement parts for it, did the clearly most logical thing of buying an entire other expensive figure, and now seem to feel the need to take that frustration out on me.

And to be fair, my post may have been a bit hyperbolic, but if you've seen any of my posts, you'll know that I typically speak that way. To take such vehement issue with my opinion is frankly concerning to me, more than it annoys me.
    Yes, I went back and read my post (after typing most of this, mind you). I could probably make this response less harsh. I could probably be more understanding. But I'm not going to this time, because I'm getting sick of all the random attacks on opinions. It's to the point where you can't say anything without having it misconstrued (purposely or otherwise) and then used to attack you. This is why I stayed away from TFW for so long, and perhaps I'll go back to doing that, but I just wanted to come and talk about toys again, and both Locke and Jabber were reasons I came back.

• Like Like x 2
  9. TCJJ

TCJJ 121% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    FYI, since I'm bored:
    upload_2021-2-15_0-33-58.png
    upload_2021-2-15_0-34-38.png
    So much for Virtus coming out before Locke...
    But if you criticise Takara, especially in the official threads, you'll get torn apart.
    Hell, I just said it was BS that you had to buy three Seekers to get the coronation gear which is just the MP-11 stuff that came with MP-11 anyway, and I immediately had apologists coming after me.

I hate brand loyalty. I don't see the point. Every company wants one thing: (our) money. So they have to earn it. If they don't do something well, why would I give them my hard-earned money? Buy what you like, sure, but know what you're buying and vote with your wallet.
    Ironically enough, X-Transbots had possibly the closest thing to brand loyalty for me in the third-party Transformers market, and they've completely eroded that now.
    I'm of two minds about that video. He clearly forced the thigh to move, making it snap off... but the thigh was stuck with paint, hence why he forced it. It shouldn't have been stuck and it shouldn't have sheered off when he moved it. But then he should have known that it was stuck and been more careful with it, heating it up before trying to move it.

It's a tricky one. I ultimately blame XTB... but it's also user error. But it's user error because of a QC issue. Kind of an odd case. I still feel bad for him though. I've had that sort of thing happen before, and you feel bad but also want to blame the company... because it's sort of their fault but sort of not. I prefer when it's cut-and-dry, and you can just say "okay, that was totally my fault" or "okay, Keith's on a rampage again" (all factory owners are now called Keith and this is fact because I said so).

• Like Like x 2
  10. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

I thought it was FT that have the most hardcore fans.

11. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I were to label Arturo Milomir I would use “scammer”, “thief” or “phising artists” before “designer”. That or “the Daca Toys guy” (remember the Kronos clusterfuck anyone?). “Spence but centered on the design part of 3P the business” could also work but it’s too long.

He is known to have scammed designers of their designs or underpay for them with promises of future work to later resell as his. That and use confidentiality contracts as threats to shut up the real designers. Not even the Kronos design was his.

The guy peddles information he gets from forums and FB as insider info to get more information from others to later use to grab other people’s confidence and repeat the cycle again. Always to get more than what he gives. Pure phising. That’s how he created a portfolio of early renders of other designer’s designs to show off. But when you push him for actual proof of stuff he says like designing for FT or other such complex things he will fall back to being unable to do so because of being under contract to not speak :lol ). Last company that welcomed the guy after bumping from several others was DX9/UT. You know, the company that has had multiple KOs of their designs and are closing shop…

As for XTB having a factory, it has been well known for ages now. Again just Milomir pushing old news as first hand insider info. With the shit poor quality they had the only way they could stay afloat was with them not losing money subcontracting. If anything, the price hike their stuff has gotten lately could point to them maybe using other factories now while the real factory is busy doing stuff that pays more.

Still a shit excuse to blame all on the subcontracted factory. They aren’t some noob company getting scammed on their first release. XTB is one of the big veterans of the whole 3P industry. “It’s not our fault” is the dumbest excuse they can give.

Good thing about the small 3P niche marked is they can’t afford avoiding responsibility for their fuckups like Takara can. 3P buyers have a higher percentage of people not conforming (well, depending on the company…) with QC fuckups compared to them higher beings that only buy official.

• Like Like x 11
  12. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

Hmmm I didn't know that... Quite interesting...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

Thanks! While we’re at it, I missed the whole Spence thing, I know he pulled some kind of scam and ended up shutting down a 3P company or something? What was the general story there?

14. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I've not even touched mine, they're still in the box in the attic as I'm using FT Targetmasters.

Just need Fracas now.

15. TCJJ

TCJJ 121% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ah, I knew I'd heard the name before, but I didn't realise he was that guy, nor that he'd done... all of that (or none of it, I suppose you could argue). In that case, he seems to be the one who provided a decent amount of Bobby Skullface's information, so God only knows how much of that is actually true, which is a shame because I always find the behind-the-scenes and backdoor shady deal discussions quite interesting.

Interesting theory on the price hike though. That would actually make some sense. Would be nice if they just told us that but, you know, Keith...

I'm still curious to know where the information about them actually owning the factory originally came from though. I think ibot mentioned it but I haven't gone looking for specific posts he's made to see if that's true. I know we all always parrot the information, but since it's come up, I'm actually wondering where we originally heard that because I can't remember. I just know it's been a thing for several years now, well before Locke was ever shown off.
    Oh man... I've been thinking about this for the past few days, wondering if he ever re-emerged, and you just happened to mention him right as I was looking into him again, hahaha.

It's... rather long and complicated, and changes depending on who you ask. The shortest version I can give you is that he's either a con man or just absolutely terrible at business, and has screwed people over multiple times (he was the original A3U owner, as well as being involved with FansProject, MakeToys, heavily involved with MAAS Toys and Mayhem Mekanics Unrustable Bastards, and I believe a bunch of other third-party companies).
    The last one was basically the hit-and-run that was the MAAS Toys tetrajet crowdfund.
    I feel bad for the people who backed that, but at the risk of sounding like a dick, it's definitely another "I told you so", as all the signs of things going south were there even before that was announced.

Apparently people are still shitting on him in the Unrustable Bastards thread: Mayhem Mekanics Present Unrustable Bastards
    Music to my ears.

If you want to read through it, here's the tetrajet thread: MAAS Toys Tetra Jets
    The thread getting locked is bittersweet. I don't want to point fingers but at least some of the mods are buddy-buddy with Spence, so he often seems to have got a free pass from people. Hopefully I don't get in trouble for stating the obvious. :rolleyes: 

Personally, I never liked nor trusted the guy, and I guess I feel vindicated now, but I could make entire essays about my issues with the guy, so I'll stop here.

Though I will say I'd rather have Keith bend me over and take my money than ever deal with Spence again.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Very curious to hear the results. Mine is all boxed up ready to go back to Chosen tomorrow.

But...and I know I'm delusional here...if XTB can really and, relatively timely, provide some kind of entire figure replacement, or provide actual, improved parts, I'd much rather go that way.

No,no..that is crazy. There's just SO much wrong on my figure, it really would take everything, except the left arm and parts of the backpack, and I think I'd much rather just get my money back now, and hope for a later improved run. Yes...that is what I should do...need to keep my resolve strong.

• Like Like x 3
  17. DrCalligari

News Credits:
    I mentioned in my email how there is no one part that's an issue, it's the entire figure that needs replacing.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Christiano

Christiano Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Right after XTB responded by saying that 'We shall see' about Virtus, somebody - rightfully - said that they needed to 'just stop with the cryptic, vague nonsense already'. Pretty much immediately afterwards, somebody snapped back at that commenter. Something about how they were just being a meanie and 'at least they were taking the time to make sure that Virtus was done right'.

In response to a defect-riddled figure which took five years to release, this take that delays = fixed problems is one of the most tone-deaf statements I've ever heard in this hobby.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Christiano

Christiano Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    One of the hardest things about either having specific, insider knowledge or just general, intuitive insight into a situation is that the people whom you try to inform will likely become resentful about the outcome instead of reflective. This sort of thing is happening with Covid-19 (among a dozen other political situations) in the U.S. right now.

People are going to call you a know-it-all regardless, so I just go with the direct approach like you did here: "You were told this would happen; you ignored it. Now, act like an adult."

• Like Like x 1
  20. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spence many adventures are detailed on the threads TCJJ linked on his message. Funny thing is both Spence and Milomir hate each other's guts. Guess scammers can't stand competition.

• Like Like x 1