X-Transbots Locke (MP Kup)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 11, 2015.

1. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    I think we'll just have to disagree with that one. That's also the attitude of Covid deniers. "You are being scammed by the Government!!!". Should I go get Covid now to experience it myself? ;) 

Please don't take offense, I mean none, but I disagree with needing to have something in order to make statements about it. Talking about a figure, I do not trust people at random, but is it hard to believe that there are people like myself and I trust their opinion?

• Like Like x 4
  2. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    I bought the G2 version. Apart from his VERY LOOSE waist rotation, I have had no problem, but the shoulder problems on the yellow one is known to be prevalent. Someone did a count on the XTB's thread, and there were at least 50 occurences.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    But that's not what I said though. Covid-19 deniers aren't talking about their own experiences or opinions, they're talking FOR other people. I'm sure I'm just not articulating this correctly, but while I don't think anyone should need something in-hand to form a perspective or thought on a product, I think one should also weigh how definitively they mention it.

"I've heard that the QC is problematic and it's made me hesitant" is very different than the notion of trying to tell other people that they made a mistake in purchasing something.

4. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    Maybe I'll upload video of mine, but for now, just know that mine does this every time you pick him up or move him:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    Exact same thing on the XTB Menasor thread, so it's not limited to FT. People saying that maybe the design was good but the factory used a cheap screw for the knee connection and messed it up on purpose etc, and we should give XTB a pass for it :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 4
  6. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    I think I understand what you were trying to say. Basically you are arguing that people who don't have something on hand should not be too confident about their assessment of it.

That's fair I guess, except the part that this company has a history, and not a very solid one. Anyway, at the end of the day, it's not my money, as long as people use their money responsibly they will always have my support.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

As opposed to this? :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    Yeah, just to couch things in some kind of perspective.

But even more so than the wording of whether you're saying something is true or saying you think it to be the case is intent. I don't know why this is, but in the world of niche hobbies, some people really seem to enjoy trying to decide things for other people. "You just don't want to admit you were scammed" or "You're just saying that because you're a such-and-such fanboy."

I've - hilariously - had people tell me on at least five occasions that I was only displeased with another company's product because I'm 'a FansToys fanboy.' Which is weird, given that I only own three of their figures with a fourth lost in the mail, you know? As a whole, we fans can be an intolerant bunch.

• Like Like x 2
  9. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I decided to save the money and donate it to the poor young lady stand on the street can't afford enough cloth to cover herself...you support this, my friend? Maybe want piece of action too? :p 

• Like Like x 1
  10. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    I think Bobby Skullface once said that we are all Transformers fans, but we are really not in the same hobby. Kinda like we live in the same world, but we don't really live the same life. Access matters.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Dangard Ace

Dangard Ace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some people like bots with bigger hands? The spare hands are larger.

12. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    That's excellently put. I'm probably stealing that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. silith210518

silith210518 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    To be fair before the videos one person said there was talk of a recall which seems to have turned out to be totally false with showz of all accounts confirming this. Untill it's in the hands of us and the normal go to reviewers then I think it's a case of wait and see. That recall thing set the wheels in motion with some people declaring there and then they'd cancelled their pre order. But then I remember the days where QC issues really were just your standard part and parcel of every release. Some recent figures released have had QC issues (Thomas comes straight to mind). But it's all easily fixed and I personally have been looked after not just by xtb but fanstoys/dx9 and maketoys too.

The transformation videos I've seen today put most doubts I had to bed, and yeah those doubts seem to have not been there had I not read all the negative options from a lot of people on here and on Facebook who haven't even handled the thing yet. I guess people like to throw shade on stuff I don't know?

14. PrimeTime

PrimeTime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Try this video:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto 8 Strings Enthusiast

News Credits:
    My favorite quote of his is recent. Something along the lines of "the multiverse can't exist, because there's no way that a universe exists where every star wars fan is happy with all 9 movies."

• Like Like x 1
  16. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Paik got the second version. That has some improvements.

17. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    I think it's simpler than that. In order to know the meaning of happiness, there has to be unhappiness as well, otherwise how do we tell the difference.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blasteroid

Blasteroid Well-Known Member

19. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

You have to tip your cap to XTB, they stated explicitly in some online forum, "hey listen, we're not trying to compete with FT, there needs to be a spectrum of QC problems for the TF consumer to choose from" lol ... they're entering Cyberpunk territory with the bs

20. SuperMegaAutobot

SuperMegaAutobot Well-Known Member

Looks like I'll be treating this one like FT Rouge and probably never transforming it. So glad I don't really care about the movie characters much.

With all the possible issues it looks like there could be, now that we're getting better pics/vids, gotta say XTB made an *excellent* sculpt design for bot mode (not referring to mold finish issues, those are disappointing). That side by side with FT's made Koot look like a stick figure. Keith better hope 539 never walks.

I'll probably chill on any 'ambitious' offering from XTB for awhile, already dropped Virtus because Allen is fine for me. Hoping those Omnibots will just use much simpler, traditional engineering that car bots tend to use, since we'll probably get them nowhere else.