X-Transbots Klaatu (MP Cosmos)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Thanks for the head's up. Even with the EMS, it was only $13. Which makes buying two through TFSafari no worse than one through BBTS.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stryker729

Stryker729 That’s rough, buddy

CA6C4A2E-E75C-405E-9619-15DD1CE278EE.jpeg

Went up Friday, Ordered mine Saturday, shipped yesterday, and promptly went out of stock last night. Windcharger is still in stock for those interested.

3. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Off topic, seems quite a few old transformers were in deep discount sale recently in China.
    The one I can remember are:
    XTB Cosmo
    XTB Wingcharger
    XTB Crosscut
    MT GodBomber
    MT God Ginrai (both regular and black colour)
    MAAS Goldbug/Bumblebee

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stryker729

Stryker729 That’s rough, buddy

1ABB6DB2-BD94-4253-B9FF-ACB59928DC58.jpeg

Heads up, TFSafari got another batch in, this time @50 dollars a pop instead of 47.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Well, ordered two. Received one. Guess it's time for another email.

6. Radioguy

Radioguy Hair's always frizzy

Got my blue one from Baba, which is now $42.23, by the way. Box had a dented corner, but not gonna put in any kinda claim over a 3P box.

Figure is great despite my not really caring for the Bandai-Design-Avoided revision of GoBots Pathfinder. Like my earlier Metallic Green version (my fave) it's just a great toy. Feels great, and with just the right amount of diecast and novelty. If they did non-canon color variants, I'd have been just as interested in them as the blue.

I'll say this right now. This is a better toy than the MPM-12 I laid out $125 on at Target. It's just better in so many respects as an MP, that I'd assume it's a KO of a (better than MPM-12) TT design versus a 3P one.

Clear might be/have been an issue for XTB on this mold compared to the little NewAge transparent one (which I have), but that would be the next main want here - a transparent green one.

I guess that'll never happen as these are being clearanced out, eh?

• Like Like x 2
  7. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic When a spark goes online, there is great joy...

Sadly I think you're correct.

I want the rest of the gobots team (recolored warpath, powerglide, huffer, bumblebee, etc). We already have good molds for all those minibots.

• Like Like x 1
  8. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wish they’d pop out some regular flavour Cosmos (green, either one) and a Tailgate!

9. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really hope that stuff like XTB's Pathfinder and Crosscut getting these sales doesn't mean an end to XTB doing more obscure redecos. They are one of my main go-tos to get MP Diaclone and G2.

10. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic When a spark goes online, there is great joy...

I got my blue Klaatu from the Babo sale recently. Holy shit, this figure rocks. I love articulating him. I love transforming him. I love looking at him. What more is there?

He can hold the shoulder charge pose from classic TF box art PERFECTLY.

This figure has an absurd amount of ratchets and wide feet... he can hold just about any pose.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  11. Radioguy

I know it's a bold statement, but he might be the perfect MP figure.

Of course, a lot owes to the simplicity of the original figure design, but, regardless, he's just perfectly conceived and manufactured. I cannot imagine TT ever topping XTB here.

• Like Like x 1
  12. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

My copy should be here any day now and I’m super excited. I got the Toyworld version and liked how it looked, but it was so fiddly that I always hated it. I can’t even think about moving his head without the eyes coming out of alignment with the eye holes. That gimmick sucked and pretty much ruined the figure for me.

Im especially looking forward to seeing who I can make him abduct. I’m guessing the Rose Tico 6 inch figure my kids bought me as a gag gift won’t fit in that stand, so I’ll have to see what else I can use. I still have a little Jack, Ralph, and Miko from Transformers Prime that may fit. Even better, I have that Shia LeDouche running with the Allspark that came with one of the MPMs. I’m thinking he’s my guy.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Radioguy

Perfect.

• Like Like x 2
  14. mrspingly

mrspingly Well-Known Member

Klaatu is excellent, although I might be biased since Cosmos is the best TF of all. One improvement to Klaatu would be if the back panel's sticky-up bits could fold down.

Cosmos_1.jpg
    (And another would be to make the button that pops his head up easier to press. I have to push it really hard with the tip of a spudger. It's not possible with thumb alone!)

• Like Like x 3
  15. Impactor666

Impactor666 Well-Known Member

After a lot of debate I picked him over toyworld and after seeing his face in person so glad I did, I wasn't prepared for how big he was though! Despite everyone saying and the images I had seen, but does make sense with what he is.

Both toyworld and x-transbots colour though was not right for me though I get its toon accurate (In some of the scenes) But for me the perfect Cosmos is newage that one captured the green how I remember it, I would of hone with mmc for that reason but too many qc issues for a stupid high price.
    I went with the go-bots blue Barcuda as looking to repaint him anyway and it was £30 cheaper than the dark green one.
    Funny I just finished reading withered hope with Path finder in it (Blue Cosmos) quite a fun little story if you haven't read it before free to download and read as well. 20211117_150335.jpg

Really digging this dude! He has a fun straight forward transformation and fits great with the rest of the s2 gang, I may do the mods mentioned in this thread the ankle tilt on Ratchets makes posing a little difficult and unfortunately I chipped the paint on the white cover that covers his head button so will touch that in when I repaint him soon. 20211117_222847.jpg 20211117_222937.jpg 20211117_232039.jpg 20211117_233642.jpg 20211118_000522.jpg 20211118_000851.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  16. werewolfspice

werewolfspice Bat Chain Puller

Ebay:
    So I'm at the point in my MP collection where I'm almost caught up on previously released figures. I have somewhere between, let's say, 12 and 25 figures left before my collection will be as complete as it can be, not counting figures that haven't been released yet. Anyway, Klaatu is coming up and, I didn't realize this but he's impossible to find now. I put off getting this figure, mostly because I just don't care much for the character, but also because the last time I checked it was easy to find pretty much everywhere for very little money.

I guess I'll put an obligatory "if you have one to sell, hit me up," but mainly I wanted to post this because I'm curious how long this figure has been hard to get. I can't remember when it was that I saw it available everywhere for cheap, as I mentioned above.

17. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    I did the same thing. Since I already had Toyworld's Spaceracer I only picked up the Pathfinder repaint and meant to get Klaatu later. I never did and I also wish I had. :S

• Like Like x 1
  18. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Till now, I never realized I how the blue version's colors matches up with Seaspray.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Impactor666

Well he is blue nomore, but I was never overstruck on the shade of green they gave him so went with this mixed up shade of mine. Much happier with him now 20220210_164808.jpg 20220210_164818.jpg 20220210_164825.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  20. Impactor666

There were loads on AliExpress when I got mine, but like a lot of things when there's loads around and you think it's okay to hold off then suddenly boom all gone! Happened recently with dx9 Astrotrain for me I thought oh it's OK he's been there for the last 6 months then suddenly babba didn't have him (was a good price too) show z didn't have him finally got him on AliExpress but at a much higher price tag damit.

• Like Like x 1