X-Transbots Fioravanti, Midas & Yaguchi - G1 Omnibots: AT LAST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by KremzeekTyCobb, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Lodril

Lodril Poet of Destruction

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm not sure how I feel about the sticker-y deco choices, but I do love me some Omnibots. I'll definitely be watching this one with interest.

2. Gokai Tahu

Gokai Tahu Emotionally compromised

Personally, I think the stickers were the right choice since they never had a cartoon appearance and the toys are the only source material. I do get if some people think it might stand out in a toon collection tho

• Like Like x 3
  3. Spiderbite

Spiderbite Well-Known Member

I mainly got into MPs for the real world vehicle modes. I loved that about the Diaclone G1 stuff and the Alternators and thats the main reason I even bothered with the movie stuff. there's something really cool to me about a near perfect vehicle model being able to transform, and there's not as many options for that anymore. Especially not with G1 style stuff these days.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Lodril

Lodril Poet of Destruction

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    To me, it's not a matter of them matching a cartoon's smoothness, but rather that the details could be projected into more of a sculptural detail, rather than intentionally looking like cheap stickers on an expensive toy. It's an odd aesthetic approach... but it's possible that it will give a different impression once it's fully realized, and not just an artificially illuminated render.

• Like Like x 2
  5. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    Yes!!! The Omnibots!!! 29486863446_96d71a1231_o.gif
    I still have all three that I had sent for back in the day. Still have the brown mailer boxes they came in. This was the best reveal imo. I have wanted updated versions of these guys for years. If they're a decent price, and not overly so like their Dr Egg. These will be preordered day one.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Worst thing about the Omnibots was they weren't in scale with the other Autobot cars. If these guys are in scale, I'll definitely be picking them up, 'cause yeah, those real-world-accurate alt modes are where it's at.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

Hell yes! Still have them, actually.

8. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Knowing XTB, they'll produce ONE, and then move to the next thing.

• Like Like x 3
  9. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I hope not, but also super glad they’re starting with my favourite

10. JSix

JSix Well-Known Member

Definitely definitely agree here. If that stuff was lightly sculpted in, and then painted, it would look money. Otherwise- it tends to look like a toy-inspired deco, that's on-top of a toon inspired sculpt.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

I'm actually really excited for these. XTB really nails it for the niche G1 characters people still want. XTB, if you're listening, Runabout and Runamuck next!

• Like Like x 2
  12. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I dig them. I'll buy them. So long as they're good and they aren't vapourware.

13. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

can i get a "HELL YES!!!"? we just need downshift to complete the trio. hopefully he won't come out 1+ year (and counting) later than the other members (lol). i been wanting these since MP cars became a thing with lambor/sideswipe. i love their car modes is one reason why. also was hoping the "mystery white ca"r to be shown was gonna be runamuck but we got streetwise (who should be super light grey) so we'd get omnibots and battle chargers but omnibots is a good startk. These look about the same level difficulty as their stunticons or skids so totally doable for them if they give their A efforts. lets hope the transformations work well and nothing breaks (looking at you deathwish G1 toon version).

oh and yeah i 'm really happy this is happening and yes i did have these as a kid. loved them. wished they were sized likek other autobot cars (they were a touch smaller adn simpler) and i am gonna get this wish in Mp form (much like i wished the stunticons were autobot car sized in g1 too). i can't beleive there are only 4 pages worth of discussion though. haha hopefully they sell well and ifnish the set.

14. primetime77

i think we like em so much because yes we had them and they were extra special...you had to mail away for them just to get em! reminds me of my cookie crisp mail away jazz too. anyone remember doing that? also look at those alt modes. gorgeous. real world alt modes for the win...and nice sports cars too. RX-7 and a ferrari? yes please!

• Like Like x 2
  15. IoriYagami288

IoriYagami288 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Count me in, I've always wanted MP Omnibots! However...

What's the quality like on X-Transbots stuff nowadays? I remember reading comments from folks saying how they were not happy with the QC on some of their figures.

16. primetime77

aside from the widespread issue on overheat's shoulders (which hold up on mine so far but i think i'm just lucky) which some people have broken, most issues on the stunticons(their released products that are most similar in size and construction to these i think) seem minor. i think some had issues with paint scratches on deathwish, i did not. the xtb stunticons are among my favorite MP scale figures actually.

17. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Part of it was definitely the alt-modes. Even as a kid, you could tell the Omnibots were much more accurate/detailed than most "mainline" G1 cars. Plus the mail-away factor. That was a huge thing back then. Everything was mail-away, especially the good/rare stuff.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Chareos

Chareos needs new Omnibots

News Credits:
    When will I be able to say: "Shut up and take my money!"?

19. qemuel

qemuel It's a trick. Get an axe.

I also had the Cookie Crisp mail away Jazz! Loved that toy. Wasn't even a fan of the cereal, and had to beg my grandmother to buy it so I could get Jazz. :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  20. primetime77

yup i didn't know they were more accurate, just looked better to me. also yeah that feeling of getting the "rare" stuff in mail away definitely was a thing. i'm just happy someone is doing them, though i'm curious why we didn't see a 3rd render.