X-Transbots Fioravanti, Midas & Yaguchi - G1 Omnibots: AT LAST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by KremzeekTyCobb, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Weird how other people's excitement seems to be contagious! I'd never heard of the Omnibots before (and now I know why - because they didn't exist in the UK!), but always noticed random comments like 'what about the Omnibots!' in many threads, so vaguely knew of them - just assumed they were some later thing from after the cartoon was over and I was growing out of them, like whatever-masters, microbots, pretenders...

Now seeing how special and coveted they were to so many, and how pumped people are to get them in MP form has me equally exited! Seems like they will fit very well style-wise with the 'hybrid' TT MP Skids.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    They look pretty decent for G1 toys.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros TEAM MONKEY PANTS FOREVER

Yeah, same here. I don't get that mindset at all. I spent 22 minutes with the cartoon and then hours upon hours playing with the toys. So the toys are the far more prominent memory for me, followed by the Marvel comics. The toon ranks a distant third because over the years I dug out the toys to mess around with for nostalgia and the same with my comic collection and they held up well. The cartoon...not so much.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Dake

Dake Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm super excited for these. I never had any of the original car bots as a kid, so these guys filled that spot for me. My current car even has a Downshift vanity plate. :D 

• Like Like x 4
  5. GinoPuppy

GinoPuppy Star Seeker

i'm not a big fan of x-transbots, they can be hit or miss, but they've been pretty hit more recently. with that said, i'm super excited for these!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    That seems to have been the case.

[​IMG]

I used to think the Omnibots were just based on smaller models of car. I'd never seen a Corvette next to a Ferrari for example.

It's not a huge difference in size, there's probably a bigger size difference between individual deluxe toys in the Earthrise line. Although lets face it, as great as the Omnibots were, Tracks is on another level. His flightmode is a lot more impressive than those of the Omnibots.

• Like Like x 2
  7. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

Yeah they were smaller for sure. alt mode were good. hey I've wanted these to be same size as carbots since I was a kid (kinda like the stunticons!) And well we will be getting that wish in MP scale form. life gonna be good!

• Like Like x 3
  8. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime!

Ebay:
    Wow! This is looking really good! Hope the other two look just as good!!

9. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

To be fair, IRL a C3 Vette is about a foot longer than a 512 BB, so these are pretty much in scale. For reference, the Ferrari is shorter than a modern Honda Civic Coupe.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Runabout

Runabout Well-Known Member

Any news on these cool figures?

11. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I dunno- being different in one dimension doesn't mean scale it down in every dimension. The real cars had essentially same wheel bases and widths and should be within a few inches in height too. In that pic the 512 looks smaller in every direction? The Ferrari should be basically the same size except a little shorter. Although maybe it's the perspective. Hard to tell.

12. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Well, it was 1984 and they made a micro cassette player and a Walther P38 bigger than both of those toys. Scale was approximate at best, and ridiculously bad at worst. Even today’s Masterpiece line has inconsistencies.

So long as XTB gets these close enough, they’ll be good enough for me.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yup. I was simply suggesting that the G1 toys don't look like they scale to each other. But that really wasn't a concern for kids toys, lol.

14. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My understanding is, the Omnibots (or "Double Changers" as Takara called them in Diaclone) were set to be the new standard had the line continued. The concurrently-produced Triple Changers were also of a smaller scale than the 1982-1984 Car Robots molds, and the Double Changers were intended to sit alongside them.

I look at the Corvette Stingray toy as a transitional piece between Car Robots and Double Changers, it was the last Car Robots mold to be produced and incorporated the secondary vehicular battle mode that was to be standard on all Double Changers. It released in early 1984 after the deal with Hasbro had already happened, and the Double and Triple Changers came later that year. I have sometimes wondered if there were future Double Changer molds in the design stage that were canned when Transformers took off, and what Takara might have come up with.

• Like Like x 6
  15. jazz1914

jazz1914 moonbase survivor

Transformation not withstanding, these are a pick up and shall don the shelf with Road Rage!

16. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here you, go.
    X-Transbots MX-28 Fast and MX-29 Fury

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dire 51

Dire 51 Line Stepper.

Are there pre-orders available yet for these figures?

18. Runabout

Runabout Well-Known Member

great news! X-Transbots have some really interesting figuers in the pipeline: Omnibots, Battlechargers and Protectobot. I hope they will announce pre-orders for Mida and Fiorafonte soon too

19. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    I don't really have a sense of the greater XTB release timeline, anyone have any ideas on when these might happen? I know COVID has disrupted everything, but are XTB's other things coming out at a predictable pace?

At the very least, we at have a testshot/proto of one of them, so it's not fully stuck in render-only limbo...

20. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Their Springer was set to release last December, and is still not out while they have since then released multiple re-issues and a remold.

(So That’s a no)