X-Transbots Boost and Hatch (not MP Windcharger and Tailgate)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by LazyAza, Jul 16, 2013.

1. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

CliffjumperUK: What did you think of the QC of the figure? Any complaints?

2. Megajon

Megajon Well-Known Member

I'll not bother posting pics of mine, but yeah, he is pale grey, and I like it a lot. I don't like the rough cut plastic, pieces of the body work falling off his foot, the loose die cast pieces and the 4 shades of red on the vehicle mode but thats XTB. But who the hell is going to make another Windcharger any time soon.

3. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    If it's that good and given a choice, and I do have a choice, I'd rather go without.

4. Megajon

Its a fair point. He isn't a major character by any stretch, but I like the sculpt of the figure just fine and the colouration in bot mode is great. It's just not up to the same standards as Willys, Sphinx and Wheeljack. Which is always ever going to be the case with XTB as far as I can see.

5. Grimmrock

Grimmrock Dinobot

Well poop. I still love the sculpt of the figure and it looks like they got everything right except the gray chest, so I'm still happy with this. I may just paint the chest a darker gray. Any customizers here have a reco for paint type/methods with these type of plastics?

6. Acid Storm

Acid Storm I'm Keith

Why do people stick those boots on Grimlock? They look H I D E O U S.

7. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

It's not terrible. I do rather like it. Probably not enough to push me into a purchase but it's not as awful as I thought.

If only the grey on the chest was a little less plasticky looking....

8. CliffjumperUK

CliffjumperUK Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My copy is solid with the exception of two small panels on the back bumper which pop of during transformation. They are there to cover screws, so I assume they pop off incase you need to get at the screws. They do stay on in both modes though. All the joints are nice and tight so no complaints from me.

The paint work on the legs is good, out of the box perfect, but I think if you like to transform several times or often it could wear after a while. Face paint is perfect on mine too and in hand the ice blue eyes pop against the silver. The red, or should I say reds are uneven like the first one.

9. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

We've got to do something to make MP-08 size up until Grinder arrives. :wink: 

10. CliffjumperUK

News Credits:
    To even up the height when on display. Won't be a problem when FT Grinder comes out and MP08 becomes Wheelie's ride.

11. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

The color in this pic looks the best. Still not what I was expecting though.

12. Noobimus Prime

Noobimus Prime Well-Known Member

Does the chest panel stay tabbed in?

13. CliffjumperUK

News Credits:
    Mostly it does, it's gives you a click when in securely. It can pop out though if you twist the arm too far when posing.

14. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Banned

News Credits:
    Overall I like this new version. But it's a bit of a let down also. I been waiting for this one seems like forever. Hopefully in hand I will be much happier. The different shades of red are a bummer. Xtb is on the edge again for me. Andras really made me feel happy and was impressed with him. The grey looks to light, but I will make final judgement once I have him in hand.

15. Megajon

So after spending longer than I would have liked trying to pose mine, it feels like he naturally wants to lean backwards. Was this a flaw with the original or just mine? Maybe I haven't quite got the feet transformed or something...

16. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

You know what, I think I'm out on this, I dropped the v1 preorder, I think I may do it again. For the figure to be as much as it is, it needs to tick all the boxes for me to feel satisfied.

17. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    I can't shake the feeling that this is a deliberate ploy to sell multiple versions of the same mold. So I can either wait for the final perfect deco version in a year, or I can choose between this and the original slightly flawed decos. I need to see more group pics. Right now it feels like the original deco is the way to go. The silver legs in the above mini-bot group shot stand out a bit too much.

18. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Nope, I'm out. The gray is inaccurate to all source materials and looks cheap. On top of it, this whole situation smells like a bait and switch by XTB after showing us renders with shades of gray and turquoise (for Hatch) which are not even close to matching their final release.

19. TylerB

TylerB We all know they're supposed to be chrome.

How did get it so wrong? I'll wait for a V3 deco. If it doesn't happen then no skin off my back.

20. SuperMegaAutobot

SuperMegaAutobot Well-Known Member

I'm out and it feels good. Someone else will get to these guys eventually. Glad that 3P is healthy enough at the moment to have options.

It's too bad on one hand, was really excited for them when they revealed, but no reason to settle any more.