X-Transbots Boost and Hatch (not MP Windcharger and Tailgate)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by LazyAza, Jul 16, 2013.

1. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As if being constantly referred to as "toy colours" wasn't enough of a hint?

For what it's worth, holding my "V1" up to the screen, his blue-grey chest looks really close to those movie frames there.

2. Flesh Creature

Flesh Creature Human Germ

Well, I think it's common knowledge by now that "toy version" is XTB's way of saying, "we fucked up V1".

But, even if they were legitimately going for G1 toy colors, the chest is still too light grey.

[​IMG]

All that said, it seems if you take the chest from V1 with the legs of V2, you'd have the most animation accurate version. Maybe that's Keith's plan for V3.

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not entirely sure in what way, because I've got the original, and I absolutely love him. He's a pretty damned good toy, barring the usual caveat of 539 Designs' usual overtight tolerances and complex engineering.

Might be a case of using the wrong source material. The lighter grey looks pretty damned spot-on to photos I see online of the keychain version, which was readily available several years ago, and probably more accessible than a true G1 figure. Probably just matched it to the newer version, not realizing there was a difference.

4. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much this. If I recall, as soon as V1 was announced everyone was protesting the blue chest, and XTB promptly announced a V2 "Toy version"
    From that point on there were countless discussions here and elsewhere about which was toon which was toy, whether V2 was always intended or was a last minute "oops".

Most of the posts I read seemed to agree that the V2, in-spite of being called "Toy" was actually going to be a more accurate toon version, which it is.
    Unfortunately, as stated, Windcharger's colour was so different every time he appeared that there's is no "right colour" so while he's more accurate than V1, unfortunately someone's always going to be disappointed.
    For me, if they had released only the blue V1 and then V2 in a grey that's as dark as the character model sheet, I'd probably pass, because that's not how I remember Windcharger.
    Of course, if you're willing to customise, it's always a lot easier to darken a light colour than to lighten a darker colour. A dark grey wash on the current V2 chest would probably get you pretty close to what you want? Of course you shouldn't have to "fix" a toy yourself, but if you otherwise like the mould, it may be an option?

5. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

G1 toy is neutral gray though, this v2 is still on the cooler gray side....

6. Flesh Creature

Flesh Creature Human Germ

Well then Keith should've labeled this "G1 keychain version"; but he didn't, so it's wrong.

White legs were wrong on V1.

Light grey chest is wrong on V2.

And I don't pay what Keith asks for his goods to custom paint them myself.

Truthfully, I can oftentimes overlook color discrepancies if it's a character or mold I'm really into, but like Yeled, I've now lost interest. For XTB to not nail the colors for this second go makes me lose interest all together.

7. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Let's not be confused by stuff like the badly fan-coloured character sheet posted above, there's tons of those coloured things that always show up when you do a Google image search but they're not official (and often wrong in major areas, like it's the dude's personal preference or something). The screen grab in the lab coat is how WC usually appeared and this v2 seems to match that pretty well. Easily well enough for me to be glad I skipped v1 :) 

8. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

even if the lighting is making it look lighter than it is, it is still way too light and also blue-ish in color to be a toy version.

9. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

So when they get to MP Arcee, she should be minibot sized? ;) 

10. Kayin

Kayin Well-Known Member

I don'tunderstand what happened with all this "toy version" matter... It's not just Boost that doesn't have the proper colors, but Hatch as well. Hatch was planned to change the color of the chest from blue to green (or turquoise).
    They fucked it up really good.

Why did they show renders of an idea that don't intend to follow? Those images don't reflect the final product at all!

Those are the renders I'm speaking of. The final products should be like these.

11. Shiro1

Shiro1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that is a bit puzzling. Hatch hasn't changed his chest color at all. It is very odd that pretty much everyone loved those renders yet somehow they manage to not give them to us...

12. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Banned

News Credits:
    Fail

13. Prowl83

Prowl83 Well-Known Member

Wow so I now actually prefer the blue grey bits of the version one and I bet the leg bits would be easier to paint silver than it would be to paint the grey of this one. Sad turn of events now I'm not sure witch to buy, or if I should even buy one at all.

14. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Simultaneously minibot and Blurr sized :) 

15. chip1123

chip1123 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah... these were the colors I was wanting. But I guess it was not meant to be...

16. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    It's KFC.

Those will be the eventual v3's. Just like Transistor. I am never falling for their shit ever again.

I don't care how "decent" Wreck-Gar is. I am not buying every 6th figure they decide to make "decent" just so they can press reset button in your/"our" (except I'm out) heads to make you forget about the previous 5 pieces of shit they released and then do it all over again.

17. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

This is what I don't get that is f**%in stupid. This is not hard. The figures should have matched the renders. They were perfect. How do you f up this bad on purpose. Literally tons of people wanted these figures and did not buy them because of the colors. There is no toon and toy. The renders addressed everything.

18. Spaceman1251

Spaceman1251 Legendary Warrior

Instagram:
    Yeah that really sucks. A couple of weeks ago, I bought v1 Hatch cause I didn't want the turquoise version that they'd shown in those pictures, and then they go and do this. If I would've known the only difference would be the silver legs, I would've waited. Lame.

19. SuperMegaAutobot

SuperMegaAutobot Well-Known Member

Will wait to see real inhand pics of the color before i cancel my preorder, but i've had enough of the bs xtransbots. I can live with the grey but why'd they mess up tailgate.

Thankfully, this is the last xtransbots preorder i have and likely the last.

20. Megajon

Megajon Well-Known Member

Haha, I was just thinking how nice the grey looked when I put my order in this morning, and I come on here and everybody is hating it. Classic TFW.