X-Transbots Aegis (Trailbreaker) and Paean (Hoist)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think these were the Hobbybase 1/100 hands. I had to cut off the old hands and fill in the wrists with putty because they had the same wonky, side mounted wrist joints of the POTP figure.

• Like Like x 1
  2. leus

leus Well-Known Member

3. songrobin

songrobin Pastor

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    • Like Like x 34
  4. Chris C137

Chris C137 Costs less than an empty Fanstoys box.

News Credits:
    So I was having a fumble with my Aegis last night and I noticed two screws are missing from the inside of his lower right leg...

20191205_222413.jpg

I've only transformed him once from vehicle to robot when I got him, and he's only been on display since, but I never noticed if they were missing from the get go or if they were loose and somehow fell out since then. Either way the leg is still holding together solidly though I haven't tried forcing the parts open. Anyone have any recommendations on screws I can replace them with? Seems a bit pointless to ask the retailer or Xtb to send two tiny screws.

5. paul5409

paul5409 Happy Member

If you have any junker bots, remove the screws from one and compare them to the corresponding screws on Aegis' lower left leg until you find a match. Generic dollar store bots also make for cheap screw donors.

• Like Like x 1
  6. leus

leus Well-Known Member

Dollar store bots?! What kind of bots are those?! Do you have any pics or can you link me to some of the bots they sell?! I wouldn’t be caught dead patronizing a dollar store due to my social status, but I don’t want miss out on anything good! I need donor screws as well .....I was trying to replace Constructor’s green thighs with the grey thighs and my dog ate my screws....so right now I just have them taped on.

• Like Like x 1
  7. paul5409

paul5409 Happy Member

Sire, dost thou not know that thine vassals procure their meager robots from thy castle livery shop?

• Like Like x 6
  8. TylerB

TylerB Well-Known Member

You've got the touch... in the head

• Like Like x 2
  9. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    Just transformed this guy. I've never had the Badcube one, but this one handily beats the MMC one IMHO. I've always been meh on Trailbreaker though, so I think even if someone were to come out with another one, I am probably good for the next few years.

10. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would most certainly certainly reach out to xtb directly ([email protected]) or the retailer for those missing screws. They're supposed to be there so it absolutely makes sense to request that they be sent to you.
    My oversized MP-14 from seller Baba came with a missing screw in the shoulder cannon. It wasn't an XTB product and the manufacturer did not have an email address. So I sent a message about it to @bababobo00712, the seller on Ebay, and sure enough they agreed to send me the missing screw which I received.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. songrobin

songrobin Pastor

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:

As a modder, I keep a bucket of screws handy (as I collect most of the screws I disassemble from various figures & electronics). As shared earlier, you can find screws from a variety of places including cheap toys, old electronics (e.g. remote controls), etc. X-Transbots after sales is very good on replacement parts ([email protected], [email protected]) -- but they'll probably charge you minimum $5 to ship even tiny parts to you.

Try looking around (or even contact X-Transbots), but if worse comes to worst, just pm me your mailing address and I'll find the compatible screws you need and just mail it to you in an envelope --no charge. (I have the figure myself, so I'll test it before sending.)

Blessings,

Robin

DSC06553 (Large).JPG

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 11
  12. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    What did you use for the blue chest window piece?

• Like Like x 2
  13. marioxb

marioxb Well-Known Member

I can't seem to find anything about the "T" versions. Is that for "toy" or "toon"?

14. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Everything now is the V2 reissue. This is the toon version with all white parts. There's something like 200 units globally that are toon but with silver weapon accessories.

Anyone with a V1, that's the toy version

• Like Like x 1
  15. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    The irony is that in the actual toon, those body parts were more of a silver color and not white.

• Like Like x 2
  16. leus

leus Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure the aforementioned body parts were off white though and not so much of a silver color. I think that V2 toon version has it right. Yeah.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MajinSin

MajinSin Decepticon

New to this thread. Has it been announced that Hoist is getting a V2 as well?

Thanks guys.

18. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yes

• Like Like x 2
  19. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just watched your video on this build and as always, I'm totally amazed. My daughter loves watching the video's of your setup and is disappointed that our collection (yes it's "our collection" :p ) isn't as cool. This is one of those amazing things you've done that I feel I can actually manage myself. I love your LED setups and would be super tempted to give it a go but I just know I would stuff it up along the way, plus I simply wouldn't have the time to ever do the whole collection! But this... this I can manage.
    I wanted to ask:
    How durable is the plasti-weld between the hexagons once it had a chance to cure?
    My thought is to lay the hexagons on a sphere (I have a round glass vase similar to what you used to use) and use a hairdryer or heat gun to try and soften the acrylic so it bends and conforms to the sphere. Then lightly spray the glass with a low strength adhesive spray, stick the hexagons out on the glass and then weld a bunch at a time. Allow them to cure and then remove as a larger segment. My worry would be if the weld between hexagons is stong enough to hold the assemblage together when pulling off the adhesive or would it end up coming apart when trying to take it off. Likewise, bumping it when trying to remove the protective film. AFAIK, acrylic welding cement is pretty durable.
    Also, I'm keenly waiting to see how you manage to add lighting to this forcefield effect. I'm confident you'll find a way.

Edit: I'm also slightly tempted to give this a go with some of the reflective gold mirror hexagon tiles you can order from AliExpress. Similar size, but reflective gold!
    US $0.43 28% OFF|Urijk 12Pcs 3D Hexagon Acrylic Mirror Wall Stickers DIY Art Wall Decor Stickers Living Room Mirrored Sticker Gold Home Decor-in Wall Stickers from Home & Garden on AliExpress

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  20. jjh

jjh Well-Known Member

@songrobin Hello. Amazing custom work on your Aegis! Any chance you could describe your process to get the front/chest window opaque?

• Like Like x 1