X-Transbots Aegis (Trailbreaker) and Paean (Hoist)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 16, 2016.

1. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    paean is shorter than the van bros aegis is taller

2. Tonyshotz

Tonyshotz Well-Known Member

20191116_184436.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Twin Lambo fan

Twin Lambo fan Also loves Snarl

Well, shit...I just bought this v2 Aegis since still needed a Trailbreaker.

4. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Dunno about direct. Worth a shout, they can only say no.

5. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just got mine Friday without any notice from the site, which also had other items included. I would say 1-2 weeks ago it was sent.

Opened mine and transformed it. Not bad but wasn't excited about the lower leg panels, which I had to use a tool to pull up and out of there. Otherwise, what kind a annoys me is the shoulder joint being white. Wish they were the gray or in black. It really sticks out. The last thing is the gap around the wrists.

Nitpicks I guess and I'm pretty happy with it overall, as I never intended to get this character from XTB. I have been waiting for FT's, which even then, I'm not sure I would sell this version off because he has a pretty nice presence on the shelf and was one of the earlier TF's I got as a kid.

6. Chris C137

Chris C137 Has a faux butt-flap. That partsforms.

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Derp, I meant Aegis but was sleep typing. Thanks for the info though. I'm close to pulling the trigger on him but the constant rumours of official versions is making me think I should wait and see which is best (if an official does happen). Should Trailbreaker be taller than the van bros in general?

7. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    Yeah, Trailbreaker was slightly taller than Ironhide and Ratchet in the G1 toon. Of the original Ark bots that crashed on Earth, he was second tallest to Optimus Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cold

Cold Well-Known Member

Just tried shooting an email to xtb customer service to see if it's possible to purchase a set of silver accessories

9. Cold

Cold Well-Known Member

Was worth a shot :( 
    SmartSelect_20191118-020822_Gmail.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's unfortunate, only way is to ask a retailer for a VLE stickered box I guess. Doesn't help you though if you already have an all white version

11. Simon Ng

Simon Ng Active Member

I asked my retailer to give me VLE version and he gave it to me as we are in good relationship.
    FYI, there are 2 VLE within 1 carton box.
    that means XTB product 100 carton box in this reissue.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    A jar of tamiya silver and a paint brush will run you less than $10. Or a Gundam marker.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Manoftheyear2k

Manoftheyear2k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got the V2 from BABA, it feels the tolerance and fitting of the parts have been improved. The transformation was smoother than my V1. The default face sculpt has been improved as well. I'm indifferent to the color change but glad the shoulder clearance and the hands have been improved. To me it was worth trading up. 20191117_204103.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  14. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Mine was delivered 30 mins ago, so I'm a happy chappie! Bit annoying that the accessories bag had split in numerous places and parts were loose. Plus the XTB sticker was folded back so it could easily have come apart and those accessories drop out, especially as the teapot was loose from the tree stump.

Fortunately it didn't happen though, and I've checked off my parts with a stock image of the figure with accessories and I have everything I should have. Still not good though...

Oh, and non-VLE version, for those keeping track of such things!

15. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Received my toon Aegis from TaoBao. Have had MMC’s. Erosion on my shelf for a year or more. At the time the difference between MMC and XTB wasn’t all that obvious to me, not worth worrying about. Having them both in hand the differences are a little more obvious. Aegis is substantially taller. It’s particularly noticeable when they’re side by side. Thought it would be too tall, but he’s only a smidge taller than Tesla and still well below Transistor in height, so he’s working well. The details and finish in bot mode are a lot cleaner on XTB’s and he fits the new toon direction a lot better. I also prefer the white detailing over the silver.
    MMC’s has been transformed into alt mode, and he’s pretty good for that. MMC’s a;ways had a colour discrepancy between the rear cover (in dark grey) and the body (in black) so when next to XTB’s toon version, the colour difference isn’t too bad. The grey that MMC used for the rear cover is actually pretty close to what XTB used all over, so they kind of work together. MMC will do for now. If FT ever releases theirs, and he’s substantially better, I may upgrade but for now I’m happy.
    Loads of accessories with XTB’s which are nice in theory but in reality I have zero room for so they go in the box.

All up, I’m very happy with the upgrade and have no real complaints. Super solid and tight joints, clean glossy paint and a reasonable transformation (though folding those rear wheels into the calf was a nightmare). I don’t own the V1 to compare to, but at least in terms of solidity, joints and finish, this is A LOT better than pretty much all their carbots (incl Stunticons) and is approaching Klaatu quality. The plastic isn’t quite as solid and dense as Klaatu’s but it’s clean and tight and solid.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chirulazo

Chirulazo Well-Known Member

This is the review I was waiting to finally push me into finally ordering him. I do have MMC and like you, I have not worried yet about switching him out. Thanks for posting, just placed the order.

17. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So did anyone confirm if XTB will provide the shoulder joints in black? My only fear in asking is you'll get the V1 ones and not the updated V2's, assuming that's what I see being posted about clearance. I never had V1 so not sure what changes or issues exist.

18. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    As someone who just got a v1, I feel like I can say that the shoulder issue is overblown. Look at my photos, I got these poses with the backpack fully clipped in, and all you have to do is just pivot the rear view mirror on the shoulder as you're moving it around. No big deal. 20191114_142655.jpg 20191114_143503.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. cyclonus8

cyclonus8 Well-Known Member

I can’t unsee the white joints in both robot and alt mode now. Going to have to think about it for a bit longer.

• Like Like x 2
  20. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone with a v2 Aegis plan to swap the white weapons and joints and replace them with the silver ones from their v1? Would like to know how it turns out.