X-Transbots Aegis (Trailbreaker) and Paean (Hoist)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Tonyshotz

Tonyshotz Well-Known Member

I just got the new toon version. I hate the grey. Toon or not Trailbreaker is black, grey looks unequivocally wrong to me. I missed the first release but got their Hoist. I like him but the shoulders were a problem for sure so I didn't get their Trailbreaker. I wish they had just re-released the original with these improvements. Pretty disappointed with this, it just doesn't look right, hopefully Outrider isn't dead. This checks the box but I'm eagerly awaiting a replacement and thats a shitty felling when you just received an expensive figure.

P.S. Blue windows with white guts looks horrible.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  2. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good stuff. In the end though VLE = silver accessories is just a working theory. I think I'm the only one that's mentioned and reported what a VLE box contains. Good luck!

3. Tainogunslinger

Tainogunslinger Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Mine should have arrived today. Sadly, I won't be home to mess with him until Thanksgiving, but work pays the bills and for this hobby, so no use complaining lol. He is the FINAL character needed to complete my Season 1 cast!!! So excited!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ftfy :p 

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    FYI - if you want a VLE Silver accessory version TCP has a few of them. Just ask if they have one in stock.

This is my biggest issue with this guy. No idea why they couldn't make it more opaque.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kue

Kue Well-Known Member

I also like the silver accessories way more than white, I think it just make much more sense that these weapons are silver and not white.

7. minstral

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Better lighting, not a better photo :D 

It's grown more on me more now. Like @Kue mentioned, it makes sense......in a weird kinda way

20191115_182843.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  8. stevej

stevej Snowflake

News Credits:
    Banksy approved as well. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I got a regular ol’ white accessory one from ShowZ. If anybody got the VLE version and would prefer the regular one, I’m open to trading. Mine is still MISB

10. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Anyone had their V2 come from Baba yet? I ordered mine ages ago, and it shipped pretty quickly. It hit the "loaded to air transport" tracking point to leave China on 5/11, but it's had nothing by way of update since.

Last thing Baba sent me took a week from that same point of being put on a plane until it hit Heathrow Mail Centre, but it's almost two weeks without getting from A to B, and I'm now a bit concerned it's gone walkies...

How long should I leave it until I worry it's lost between Tianjin and London? Or contact Baba to report it?

11. Tonyshotz

I wasn't being entirely fair in my last post. While the grey bugs the hell outta me, the improvements really are significant. I have to give XTB credit for that for sure. This guy just feel good and the shoulders fix every issue I had with their Hoist (who I still like despite the shoulders, I'm in no rush to replace him). Paint quality and tampos are top notch! I'd like more ratchets but if I'm being honest, he's no worse off for not having them. Its an objectively good figure.

I looked at lots of pictures of this before buying it and the grey came across in many different shades so I didn't really know what I was getting until it showed up. So, to anyone on the fence, in person its on the lighter side of the pics that have been shown. Take that for what its worth. If you dig the look, you'll be getting a darn good figure!

12. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See below from @bababobo00712 :

13. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Paean will presumably have some improvements as well yeah?

14. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    If you hate everything about it, why did you buy it?

It's not a theory, it's a fact. It's stoopid imo but some collectors seem to be pulled by that 'Limited Edition' monikor which is probably why they did it. Plus 4 ppl asked for silver accessories I guess so they're happy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Note to self...

When deciding to post something, anything, regarding timescales, wait at least 24hrs before doing so. Preferably 48hrs.:gen069: 

In today's episode of "not the first instance of life bitch slapping me with a smirk on its face", I woke this morning to find that after posting that message last evening, overnight my V2 has both arrived at, and subsequently left, the Langley Distribution Centre at Heathrow. Bloody typical timing! :confused2 

Hey, at least it's here and on it's way! With any luck I'll get it Monday :D 

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tonyshotz

I explained that a couple posts above yours

Also, I don't hate everything about it. I hate the 2 things I mentioned.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  17. minstral

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really. I vaguely recall ibot saying the allocation would be random. Having a sticker on the box doesn't make it random to me. Anyway, people are happy and that's all that counts. I reached out to X-Transbots' service and they're sending me white accessories so it's all good

18. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Yeah, the Very Limited Edition signifies the silver accessories.

19. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Did XTB service say they'd give them to them? I must've missed that. I should ask for them too - I'm really not digging the white. I don't suppose they mentioned whether they're getting the shoulder accessories as well or if it's just the ones in the baggie?

Yeah, I need to do that too but there are some lessons I just refuse to learn.

20. Chris C137

Chris C137 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I was sure Paean was the same height as the Van Bros, but the pictures over the past few pages appear to show he's almost a head taller? Is it just the camera angles or am I imagining it?