X-Transbots Aegis (Trailbreaker) and Paean (Hoist)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 16, 2016.

1. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Yeah that's what I was asking for too. I'd say not offering an upgrade plan could be detrimental to future releases; the more often we get "burned" by a V2 the less likely many will be to get the V1. Then it becomes a slow seller.

Ah well, I'll just settle with my V1 and if there's a major discount down the line maybe I'll upgrade.

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Yeah, that my thought as well. With so many releases down the pipeline it gets kinda hard to keep up and improved V2 (especially ones released a year or two ago) are hard to justify.

Still TB is one of those guys I wouldn't mind having a 2nd just for permanent Alt mode display. That's what became of my Invisible after OM Mirage was released.

Like you though, I would probably need a good discount.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Well-Known Member

@ibot can we get some more details here? Any chance there could be an upgrade pack for those of us who already bought the 1st edition?

4. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    put the first one ebay it will get snapped up as rarely seen put up for sale and it's selling for over £100 :D  and after pre ordering v2 you will have money left over

"edit" i have done this quite a few times in the past the best one was mp soundwave when the first reissue hit , after selling the og i had money to buy the reissue + 2 mp smokescreens and had money left over

• Like Like x 2
  5. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

Just noticed this now. YES!!!

6. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ugh, people start complaining about this every time a version 2 is announced. Let me ask you something: when you bought Aegis, did you enjoy it? Did you consider it a worthwhile figure? If so, you aren't getting burned. It's still the same figure you owned and were satisfied with before you heard of the reissue. XTB does not owe you an upgrade or trade-up or whatever. You got exactly what you paid for and you considered it worth the price or you wouldn't have bought it. I mean if you bought the 2019 model of a car and then the 2020 model were announced, would you think they'd "burned" you? When I bought the Pixel XL and then a few months later the Pixel 2 was announced, did Google "burn" me? Of course not. This is just how the world works.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Agreed. I had an initial reaction of annoyance, which then turned to mild excitement: maybe I'll like one of these enough to pick them up, and maybe I won't. Regardless I've enjoyed these figure for the 1-2 years I've had them.

To me this is very similar to the + reissues from TT. I skipped on Sideswipe and Prowl, but purchased Red Alert and Wheeljack, and I'm definitely buying Bluestreak. That last one is probably a more appropriate comparison given that it has actual improvements over the original figure versus just a new paint scheme.

As for the actual reissues, I hope they fix the following issues for both Aegis and Paean: tabbing the backpacks in properly massively hinders the shoulder articulation, the terrible paint on the vehicle mode stripes for both figures, and I hope for a more vibrant orange on Hoist (not quite as bright as MP Grapple, but a just shade darker).

• Like Like x 1
  8. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy Señor Member TFW2005 Supporter

i just hope the better paint isn't metallic like things seem to be going with the 3rd party stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    What did they improve on Bluestreak 2.0? I hadn't been following that figure because I prefer the not-stupidly-toon-accurate original with that glorious paint job.

10. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    swappable facesculpts and blaster effects i think thats just it apart from the deco

• Like Like x 1
  11. RoDu

RoDu Well-Known Member

the plus versions are more of a 1.5 rather than a 2.0

12. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    I'll be honest, I'm warming to the idea. I've already replaced old variants with +, mp10 with te01 etc after a few years, this is no real difference and sounds on paper a decent upgrade. I'd really want a new Hoist with similar enhancements and off white instead of silver too though @ibot *nudge, nudge*

Oh. Whilst they're getting improved can we have bigger hands too please. Thank you.

• Like Like x 5
  13. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Funny you mention cars and phones, cause you can actually trade up. You still pay for the new version, just doesn't hit your wallet as hard as outright buying a new model straight out.

Overall though, it's just a bit of annoyance. This one more so than being just a different color scheme and extra face or two reissue. This feels more like "snake eyes" syndrome than just getting a slightly different reissue.

Sorry consumer annoyance bothers you, guess it never happens to you, lucky.

And by "burned" it just means that a lot of first releases both official and 3rd have significant problems fixed with the 2nd batches or reissues. Eventually, it makes no sense to buy the first release if a 2nd is going to have those improvements. I'm still hesitant on MP44 cause lord knows what QC issues will come from him on the first run.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  14. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

Well, I'll get one. Even if TT comes out with them, this is a good start.

15. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I'm finally replacing Kronos and the Takara Seekers with Phoenix and the maketoys Seekers. With this finally coming out, my season1 masterpiece collection will be complete!

16. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

I ordered one. It sounds like an improvement over the first release and I really like the first one quite a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Enfin

Enfin Destron

Ebay:
    I am happy to hear this. I am curious about the paint. Would rather have silver thighs instead of not, but we will see what it looks like.

18. RoDu

RoDu Well-Known Member

I liked Terragis' grey thighs, wouldn't mind seeing Aegis with a similar color

19. CowboyFromHell

CowboyFromHell Use my third party

• Like Like x 2
  20. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

Hope they do this to Hoist with white parts.

• Like Like x 2