X-Men: The Last Stand

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drippy, May 22, 2006.

1. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I really enjoyed it. They were moments that caught me off guard. Magneto was really cool in this one. I thought Multiple Man was perfect. Obligatory Kitty was cute post:)  Wish there was more with Angel and Colossus even a bit more with Cyke would have been cool. I thought it was really cool though when shit finally hit the fan with the end fight. Personally I felt it was worth my money.

2. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

sis:"so they explode and become........ confetti?.....wheres the BLOOD?"

saw it this morning it was all kinds of awsome. so there was a secret scene?...If I wasnt running late for work-which they didnt need me after all and sent me home-_- I would have stayed .

Magneto was portrayed as I wanted a cold goal driven guy. I liked shadowcat. I ll probably get this on DVD.
    the whole theather laugh at many many lines-Anything with "furball"in particular.

and as I was leaving the lineup was HUGE as in REALLY REALLY HUGE-I asume the second showing was as full as the first-I showed 30 minutes early to not deal with such things. and in contrast....everything else was empty....really empty.-knowing how much money franchises like this make Im surpriced there wasnt 2 showings at the same time...like in harry potter.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aparrantly there is another different scene after the credits. My manager at work told me that at his theater after the credits, Magneto is able to fully knock over the chess piece that just wobbles before the credits. He was all "WTF?" when I told him about the Xavier / Moira scene that my theater showed.

4. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Moderator

News Credits:
    I really enjoyed it. I actually liked it better than X2. I don't really care for Rogue so her whole story meant nothing to me. Iceman was cool finally turing into all ice. Kelsey was perfect as Beast. His quotation interrupted by "Oh, you get the idea" was pure Fraiser + McCoy. I did miss Nightcrawler though. But the new team held it's ground and I though it was very well done.

5. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

NO SPOILERS FOR ME

I havent seen the film or read through the thread (that rhymes) yet, but I need to know if Omega Red is indeed in the film? Rumour was a while back that he had a brief appearance but was cut from the final version, then rumours were that his part was put back in.

Can anyone let me know, without spoilers, if Omega Red is in the movie and what he looks like?

Thanks! Can't wait to see X3, I love the X-men series - it's my favourite of all the big "comic book adaptation" films!

6. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If he is in it I think I know what part it is. There is a big biker looking dude that has things coming out of his wrist like Omega Red but they are not tentacles and you never hear his name so it could just be random mutant guy.

I just got home from seeing it, I try not to be to fan boyish about this sort of thing but I just can’t help it with the X-Men movies. I keep telling myself “it an alternate universe thing just go with it” over and over but every film disappoints. I can fill pages with bitching but I’ll just leave it with how disappointing I am with how they handled Cyclops in the last two movies.

7. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

That's all the confirmation I need, thanks Buzzbeak :thumb 

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    Saw it last night...it was definitely entertaining to say the least.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!

The biggest disappointment for me was killing off Cyclops in the first freaking half hour!

I knew Xavier was going to die but I didn't think they'd do it so soon (though the bit at the end after the credits was cool)

Juggernaut was handled pretty poorly IMO

The things I really liked was:

Kelsey Grammer as the Beast...man he was perfect and I think they portrayed the Beast so well in the movie.

The Leech was a great touch, as was "Oh My stars and garters", and Moira MacTaggart actually having the ethnicity she had in the comics!

I think there was a lot of wasted potential with a lot of the characters which was a little sad...but overall I went in expecting to be entertained, just like the last two movies.

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    I thought that guy was supposedly a rehash of the female Warlock Marrow that was in the X-titles in the 90's...though I haven't read an X-Men comic since 1998 so I'm pretty out of the loop

10. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Look out for spoilers here I guess.

Too many characters where thrown away as part of Magnetos gang. Like Psylocke, I mean what the hell. And the Sentinel as a Danger room simulation? Now Sentinels are either just something they use in training or they do exist out there in the “real world” but they are an established thing. So if they did use them every one would have to act like “oh ya it’s the Sentinels we know how to handle this we train agents them” taking away all there power or just live with a big continuity error.

That’s possible too, when I saw the things coming out of his wrists I thought “oh there wasting Omega Red too until he started throwing them. Then I thought well they are changing so many characters why not.

11. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The end shot was kind of shoddily done. I know they wanted to "tease" people with Magneto "maybe" slowly re-gaining his powers or whatever, but what the hell is wrong with just showing it move up a space instead of *slight til-OH WAIT CREDITS!

Looked goofy :( 

That's really my only major complaint, aside from similar feelings about wasted characters and what not. Cyclops getting killed so early is fine by me since he's been horrifically boring in the films anyway. He's one of the few characters that looked/acted according to the comics though, too bad on that account.

12. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

I wish I were the Juggernaut bitch

13. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

I'm split on this movie. I really liked the plot dealing with the mutant "cure" but the whole jean/phoenix thing was horrible. The house scene had to be one of the worst things i've ever watched.

14. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

The movie sounds so horrible that I might not even rent it out of curiosity.

15. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I thought it was friggin' great. What would have knocked it completely out of the park is if Cyclops hadn't died, had been leading the team (even if jointly, with Storm) at the end and told Wolverine to kill Jean the way he did. Bring all three characters' relationship over the course of the movies to a fitting end.

Everything else: the Danger Room, Grammer as Beast, McTaggert, the cure plotline, Phoenix, Colossus + Wolverine, Iceman vs. Pyro, the final battle, all the cameos. Awesome. No complaints.

My onlyonly beef is Cyclops getting offed so unceremoniously..and off-screen even. That was crap. He could have at least died in the final battle or something, though that still wouldn't have been anywhere near as satisfying as the above scenario. Still, they did leave the door wide open for him to not be dead at least.

16. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

I liked it overall, but really don't like that they had even been thinking about ending the franchise. It definitely could have gone on for at least 5 movies total.

Some of my own nitpicks/thoughts: they could have developed Kitty's character some to show a little more of what makes her so courageous and a good team player (ideally, they would have been hinting at her character more in the previous 2 movies), Rogue=even more useless than the first 2 movies, Leech's actor is in every movie these days, Storm finally gets to do some cool stuff, Cyclops deserved more (though I have always thought he was miscast, Guy Pearce from Memento would have been cool), Juggernaut's defeat was fun, Iceman vs Pyro was short but very sweet, Mystique turns into Aeon Flux?, what the heck was Psylocke's power in this movie (because it should not have been walking through walls), will they have Patrick Stewart's voice dubbed over some other actor for a sequel? (cuz that would be dumb). And Nightcrawler really would have been good to have in the movie and not just left completely unmentioned. And the bone throwing guy, was that Spyke from X-Men Evolution?

17. Bubbles

Bubbles Member

you people do know that there is a small scene AFTER the credits right? I just saw it today and was kinda upset until I saw the bit after the credits. Made me excited for X4!

18. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Meh. Just meh. Not great not terrible, just someplace inbetween.

The whole audience did a collective gasp at my showing when Xavier blew up. (kinda like that scene in the Cell when the horse got secctioned in the wall and then split apart.)

All in all, I enjoyed the Ghost Rider Preview more than the movie. Damn that's so gonna rock next year. :cool: 

19. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think Spike was the porcupine boy that joined Magneto. I thought the "bone thrower" was Omega Red

20. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    He was described as 'Omega Mutie' in the credits, so it probably was a mutant with a similiar power.