X-Men: The 198 Files (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primevil, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I picked this up today, mainly because I wanted to know who the 198 are. I haven't read it, just flipped through to see who was in it.

Guess what, every peoples?

There are not 198 mutants listed. I counted. There's only 132. Looking back, I should have expected as much since this is a companion piece to X-Men: The 198, which hasn't started.

And a couple characters we know about aren't there (Apocalypse, Sunfire, "Dude-From-Deadly-Genesis"), probably so people who don't read solicitations aren't spoiled.

There's a bit of a surprise though. One that nearly made me jump for joy. Archangel still has his powers. :rock 

Kinda disappointed by Marvel's false advertising, but not enough to regret buying it. Maybe whatever disappointment I have will go away when I actually start reading it.

So... Should we start the rampant speculation as to the identities of the other 66 mutants?

2. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

News Credits:
    Also bear in mind that are more mutants than the 198.

The 198 are a special list for some unknown reason. It may be the 198 mutants that the government knows about, there are still others floating around.

3. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Really? Geez, the way Marvel's hyping the number 198, I was under the impression that there were only that many.

One other thing, technically there are 134 mutants in the book. The Stepford Cuckoos get one entry, but there are three of them.