X-Men First Class part 2 movie thread...

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by payton34, Jun 5, 2012.

1. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Per this article at Aint It Cool (Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.), not only do we now have a relase date of July 18th, 2014 but we now have a hint as to the storyline. 20th Century Fox has just registered the title "Days of Future Past".

Holeeeee crap. If they handle this the right way (and based on First Class pt. 1, they just may), then this will be epic.

2. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Im confused why is days of futures past such a big deal of a name?

3. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

4. Ejack37

Ejack37 Robot in Disguise

News Credits:
    If they do in fact do this storyline, I hope they don't try to cram it all in one movie and release some piss poor movie. I would rather they break it into two quality movies.

5. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I'd think Days of Future Past would fit better for X-Men 4 [which FOX also plans to do], since that one involves the full team.

EVEN BECAUSE X3 ended with humanity having easy access to a cure for all mutations. It doesn't take a genius to make the jump of arming Sentinels with those things and wiping the mutant threat once and for all.

Even because the main two "mutant pride" factions lie in shambles [Magneto and Mystique seem to be both powerless, most Brotherhood members died at the Island, Xavier and Cyclops are dead].

And even because [boy, I am repeating that a lot this post] of the havoc Jean Grey caused [no pun intended]. A villain could easily say "We must attack before that happens again".

First Class would be better off with Mr.Sinister [even though Sebastian Shaw was pretty much Mr.Sinister with Shaw's powers, in First Class] or Onslaught.

6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Actually, a Days of Future Past type of story could work really well for First Class, because the time travel aspect could be used to fix the NUMEROUS glaring continuity errors between First Class and the other X-Men movies. (if they still want to consider all of the movies to be the same continuity, which I kind of didn't)

7. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    As long as Jennifer Lawrence is back, I'm happy.

8. payton34

News Credits:
    As long as it shows future-Wolverine getting vaporized to a skeleton by a Sentinel, it will be worth the price of admission.

9. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

That'd be a total waste of time and plot if they tried that. The so-called numerous continuity errors are minor and deserve no further treatment.

10. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Define "minor". According to this movie, Hank created the Cerebro. Magneto and Xavier had nothing to do with it. Which means, the entire plot of X2 [that relies on Xavier's and Magneto's knowledge to build a Dark Cerebro] makes no sense.

I'd say that's pretty big.

11. megapork

megapork Cheese

LOOP HOLE: Beast Invented Cerebro. Xavier and Magneto Designed the Improved version of Cerebro seen in the previous films.

12. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Minor? lol

Like when Xavier gets paralyzed at the end of First Class as he and Magneto become enemies, but then is still walking fine and good buddies with Magneto many years later when they go to recruit Jean in X3?

That kind of "minor"? If you think that's minor, you might as well connect First Class with the '90s cartoon series as well. X-Men 1-3 and X-Men: First Class fit together about as well as Batman Returns and Batman Begins do.

13. smkspy

Meh, big to geeks maybe, not to the larger narrative of the series.

I mean really, easy enough to rationalize (after the fact) that though beast created, Charles and Erik perfectEd the designed thereby making "their" creation.

Regardless, it would be a waste of film claiming these, yes, minor nitpicks away.

14. smkspy

The scene in X3 took place before the ending of First. Crisis resolved we can all sleep at night now.

Terrible comparison btw, typical, but terrible nevertheless.

15. payton34

News Credits:
    As enjoyable as X-Men and X2 were, the atrocity that was X-Men: The Last Stand basically evaporated that universe in my mind.

If they want to start from scratch with the First Class series and attempt to do it right (again), then I'm all for it.

If X3 is somehow erased from existence, then I can live with the minor inconsistencies among X1 & 2 and First Class.

16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    You would have to be completely high on some high grade controlled substance to think that explanation holds up in any way for even a fraction of a second. Have you watched these movies?

17. smkspy

No never, I don't even know who the x-men are. Are they loggers or something?

18. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'm tempted to believe you. You want to think that in some mythical free point in First Class, a much older version of Xavier and Magneto went to go recruit Jean to a school that hadn't even been established yet, until the very end of the film after Xavier became paralyzed, Magneto had split, and both of them were still young? That would be absolutely surreal.

19. payton34

News Credits:
    It's not THAT out of the question. The details surrounding it could be altered, but at the core of the matter they could just as well have visited Jean Grey as they did everybody else in FC.

20. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

To be fair, that sounds allot more accurate to X-Men comics from the last 25 years or so then those sensible films they insist on making.