X-Men Days of Future Past, Time Travel and Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JasonPrime, Jul 15, 2014.

1. JasonPrime

JasonPrime Well-Known Member

I don't know if you all saw the latest X-Men movie but I thought it was really well. Great action, good balance of screen time for a huge cast of characters great use of time travel and now the many, many continuity flubs of the film series can be explained away/fixed.

I was impressed with the movie in a lot of ways and just how comic book geeky they went on it.

Now as we all know time travel stories have long been a part of the Transformers mythos. Now with the films as much as I've loved them they've in a lot of ways played it pretty safe adapting the mythos to present to mainstream movie audiences. But I'm wondering and hoping if the success of DoFP might convince Bay and the powers that be that a Transformers film with a time travel plot might work. I'd love to see it.

And as an added bonus if they did it well it could kind of tie-in to a reboot of the series like DoFP did.

Thoughts? Would anyone else like to see a Transformers time travel focused film?

I love a good time travel story.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  2. Autobots14

Autobots14 I'm pregant Trevor

It'll be good cause that way we could see the past of Cybertron, the Creators, and the war between Autobots and Decepticons.

3. JasonPrime

Right that's what I was thinking. Maybe kind of a mix of the G1 Alpha Trion episodes "War Dawn" and "Forever Is A Long Time Coming".

4. ironjazz

ironjazz Tie Fighter pilot

News Credits:
    Maybe Galvatron goes back in time to recruit the seekers and therefore Jetfire never becomes an Autobot and Optimus is never revived.

5. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    It would be awesome if they can make it work.

But with most time-travel stories, they change everything or nothing. Neither of which would really help out, given that this franchise doesn't link films too well.

And what would it achieve? The return of fan-favourites? Not that I'd mind that idea, but it'd mean they died for nothing, and Bay treats dead Transformers as dead and non-returnable (Optimus and Megatron excluded naturally).

The best I can hope for with this concept is the arrival of Autobots/Decepticons from the future whose deeds end up causing a break in time, like with TIME WARS (a TF comic storyline) or BEAST WARS.

6. JasonPrime

Some kind of Time Wars type thing would be awesome too.

7. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Nah, Days of Future Past is too dark for my taste