X-Force

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Razerwire, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Just read #1 from the Kyle/Yost/Crain series. I think I will enjoy it a lot. I liked their work on Ghost Rider as well and I hope they find success with X-Force.

Issue one didn't disappoint!

2. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i liked it...though not a Wolverine fan, i enjoy all the other team members...

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was pleasantly surprised. Went into the book not expecting a whole lot, and was quite pleased to find it a good read. This style of book fits more with Craig and Yost than New X-Men (aka Dead Teenagers Monthly) did, and the art really blew me away. Still not sure I like the idea of Rahne having to leave X-Factor, but at least her new book doesn't suck.

The return of Bastion, though, man that one surprised me. I think I actually said "oh shit" out loud at that page. :lol 

4. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I picked this up to see if they explained Rahne leaving X-Factor. it didn't. However, I was still surprised with this book. And Isecond the whole "Bastion is back" moment as being very unexpected.

5. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

Glad I wasn't the only one :lol 

6. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very good book. This was the first X-book i've been looking forward to reading. I've always wondered when the X-men were ever going to have a team that broke the rules and got the job done whatever it took. Can't wait to see how Bastion fits into the new direction the X-books are going.

7. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Just read #2.

I'm starting to really like this series.

*SPOILER*

Am I safe to assume that Warlock is back or is that Magus? If so, NEATO.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  8. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Heh, that brought me back to the stupid time of "Marvel Tech". X-51, Warlock, and Deathlok. Never read the Warlock one.

9. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's Magus, Bastion or whoever mentions that the X-Men left Magus inert on the bottom of the ocean. I guess he went there after he came back from his initial beating in New Mutants in something I've never read.

But I know that Warlock is also going to be back in the pages of Nova, which makes sense considering what the new Annihilation is all about. Also, Annihilation and Nova are pretty awesome, so people should read them.

As for X-Force, I don't like how they took Rahne away from X-Factor just to torture her in X-Force.

10. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I know... Zombie thread.....

Issue 4 came out. I think it keeps getting better with each issue. I don't want to say too much but I will leave one spoiler

*Spoiler*
    Holy Shit! Archangle!!
    *Spoiler*

11. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

I agree, issues 4 had a pretty cool ending. I'm excited to see where this is heading and how long he remains as he now is (refer to the spoiler).

12. Dilborg

Dilborg Well-Known Member

I was a big fan of the original X-Force so I was excited when it was relaunched.

And this new X-Force .... just blows the original away. This "Angels and Demons" storyline is shaping up nicely with part 4 climaxing leaving me wanting more NOW!

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The ending to this latest issue was fantastic. I'm extremely happy to see the return of that specific character.

14. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Love the character in question (always been a fave of mine) but paged through the issue in the and it looks like what they did to the character is just a major 80's plot rehash to me. He could use the power upgrade but how long before he becomes all emo and broody again? The first time around it showed some great character devlopment and themes of death/rebirth. The second time it around it just look like the "house of ideas" has run out of ideas. Plus the whole art style and the dark colors made the execution of it look very "muddy" though the final cliffhanger page looked great. I'll still be keeping an eye on the title though just in case something interesting does come out of this and the trade does end up being worth picking up. Like I said love the character and it's about dang time they did something with him again. But whether this proves to be a good direction remains to be seen.

15. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Well any direction is better than what's been going on with said character for the last 10 years. I have not read a decent Angel storyline since before the Onslaught crossover.

I think X-Force is turning out great. It's what I picture a black ops X-Men to work like and the art compliments it well.

16. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Just went through the latest issue.

Man. I don't recall seeing this much blood and death in comics in a LONG time.

While it was a good issue, I'm not sure if I really liked it as sort of an "ending" to the current situation.

I certainly hope Kyle, Yost, and Crain continue on the title though.

*SPOILERS*

Archangel reverting back to Angel? Is this gonna be a new thing where he can go back and forth?

And I'd LOVE to see X-Force go after the rest of the resurrected baddies. Especially Cameron Hodge.

17. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Also liked it-- really interested to see what happens to Wolfsbane, in particular.

18. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Interesting.

I only managed to read #2, but I enjoyed it. Fell behind simply because I just to make it to the store as much as I used to. Still, I liked #2 enough to at least read the trade.

19. Strikeback

Strikeback Drifting Away

That scene where they found her on the floor, covered in blood... wow. Talk about harsh. Kinda wish Hepzibah would join, but it would be interesting to see (Arch)Angel as a "sort-of" member, like the last resort kind of character.

20. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

It was definately a crazy first arc. I can't wait to see where this goes.