X-Force/Cable Messiah War---anyone else reading this

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Darkhawk79, May 8, 2009.

1. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recently picked up the first 4 parts to this story and i've gotta say I like it. The return of Stryfe and Apcocalypse are awesome, then you throw Deadpool in the mix along with the Cable and this story looks to be pretty good. The one thing I don't like is the art work in the Cable books.....they artist there just doesn't capture the essence of X-Force and just how bad a$$ they really are. I was wondering what if anyone else is reading this and what they think might happen. Me personally, I think some how Apoc. is going to die (or at least as dead as you can get in the Marvel universe) and I also think Hope's powers will manifest for the first time and that will determine the end to this series.

2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I've been reading it. Haven't read the latest part yet, but when Archangel found Apocalypse at the end of the last part, I was like "Oh shit, this is going to be good."

I'm hoping they kill off Bishop. Never was a fan of him.

3. Darkhawk79

News Credits:
    Yeah the Archangel/Apocalypse part is interesting and I don't think it's over yet.

And yeah I wish they would decide if Bishop is good or bad b/c I'm not sure I like this bad guy image he has......but then again I don't think he can't go back to the X-Men after popping Xavier in the head.

4. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Wait, Deadpool is in this? I may have to read it

5. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I liked Bishop at first, but after the whole shi'ar space/Deathbird/stand-alone series, I stopped caring.

6. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Apocalypse cant die...he'll just body snatch someone else (which i cant stand they made him that way)

as for what i think will happen in the Warren/Apoco meeting...Maybe Archangel will learn the real deal on why he got his feather wings back (i dont buy the lame, it grew under the metal ones)

7. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

i like bishop.

it pains me to see what they've done with him in recent years.

8. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    There's a rumour that Hope will be the next "vessel" for Apocalypse, as in the future during the Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix storyline Apocalypse was in a female body.

Deadpool is one of my favourite characters, and its nice to see him as nuts as ever in this.

9. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

if that's true i know part of me will laugh as on some level bishop would of been right.

10. Darkhawk79

News Credits:
    Interesting rumour.....I cant' really see this happening but then again with the way Marvel builds up characters and how she's supposed to be the salvation of mutantkind it wouldn't surpise me to see them basically kill her off and bring back and old enemy

11. jtfire

jtfire Well-Known Member

Its very interesting I like em.

12. DiamondHead

DiamondHead HUH?

News Credits:
    This a amazing crossover,the way it was built up over time and not rushed was MAGNIFIQUE! The book has mainly been building up in Cable,and I found the back story between Cable and Hope was very well done. You walk away with a feeling that this crossover is important after reading the issues not just some throw away tale to make money only to be retcon later.There is alot of shit that will be going down by the time this is over,X force were in the middle of saving lives before they were time jumped out of the present.

13. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    I'm gonna wait till this is in Hardcover form, but it's such a long time from now...

14. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

This. September aint too far away though for the hardcover. I just finished "Angels and Demons" last month (hardcover) and am waiting to pick up "Old Ghosts" in Hardcover on the 28th of this month.

Apparently both X-Force Vol. 3 and the X-Force/Cable: Messiah War crossover hardcovers drop in the same month. We'll see though.

15. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    i thought they said in this series, atleast now, he can change them back and forth, so he pretty much just has the alien metal ones that can turn into the feathered ones?

16. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

yeah, but the metal ones were implanted back into him...

17. deceptifocus

Ebay:
    i is kunfused then, i need to go reread those first books, i was under the understanding he regrew the metal ones that could change, since they used his feathered ones and referred to them as "alien"

dont drink and read, although it makes it HIGHLY enjoyable, i forget everything the next day i read

18. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The metal wing's weren't implanted in him again, it turns out that they've esentially always been there.

Wolfsbane ripped his feathered wings off, leaving only stumps. The Purifiers identified that the feathered wings were Techno-Organic and used them to create their own Archangels. Whilst they were doing that Angels Metallig wings regrew and he took on the apperance of Death again.

He can switch back and forth nowadays, but its implied that whilst he's Death his blood-lust takes over.

19. DiamondHead

DiamondHead HUH?

News Credits:
    This is true,if you remember in a recent issue of Uncanny X men he switched over to the metal wings to take down a giant creature. Then switched back to feather soon after. Beast got all pissed cause he felt Warren was keeping secrets BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Main point is he can switch between the two

20. deceptifocus

Ebay:
    yeah thats what i thought, thx