WTF @ TFW - TFAs3e05 - Where is Thy Sting?

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Can't say it isn't in character, though. I mean, once he left Elita-1 to her death, he started to develop a trend of accepting the casualties of war. There will probably be a turning point in his character sometime soon, and I think it will involve Black Arachnia or Sari or something.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Optimus never moved an inch. No, wait, he did, TOWARD them. THEY ran away from Bulkhead, and Optimus basically said "well, there's still hope for them, as long as they aren't Decepticons". I can partially forgive Bulkhead for that, since he was really hurt by their betrayal. They acted like bad guys ALL BY THEMSELVES, they pushed Prime first, they chose to follow Megs. (though he was tricking them, their self-centeredness made it easy to win them over)

The Constructicons aren't innocent, they're not defensless or gentle. They were practically Decepticons from the get-go, but their brief moment of kindness to Bulkhead colourded his opinion on them.

Hell, he (Optimus) even tried to get them back in "Sari, No One's Home", albeit more to stop their rampage. Sari was the dick who scared them off that time. (again, they were acting like bad guys all by themselves) Don't get me wrong, I love the CC's, but they were nasty-ass guys from the start. It's nobody's fault but their's and Megatron's, least of all Prime's.

I think a little more research before flying off on this kinda stuff may have benefited you more.

The only difference there is that Elita, from his perspective, was totally vaporized in a huge explosion. He didn't "leave her to her death", because 1. there's nothing he could've done except get himself and Sentinel killed trying to save her, and 2. she didn't actually die, but he didn't know that.

Of course, that whole thing there would'nt have happened had Sentinel not been such a greedy pig.

3. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    Well, this discussion is kind of over already, but having just watched this episode again, my opinion on the whole Wasp issue has changed somewhat. My first instinct was the same as GogDog's, that the Autobots owed it to Wasp to try and exonerate him, and that chasing him away at the end was rather unjustified; having watched it again, I'm not so sure.

While disguised as Bumblebee, Wasp is privy to a lot of conversation between the other Autobots which render his continued actions unjustifiable; Wasp knows that Prime's team (Bumblebee included) know that he's innocent, he's told repeatedly that Longarm is the real traitor who set him up, and he even knows that Prime wants to exonerate him in order to bring Longarm to justice. And he doesn't care. The most telling exchange comes when Prime and Sentinel are arguing, and Prime states that he has reason to believe that Wasp is innocent: Wasp-as-Bumblebee's response is "but not that innocent", which really says it all. He doesn't want justice or exoneration by this point; he's just after revenge, and he's willing to sell out his own name to get it.

4. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Brilliant!!!

5. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    After listening to this and passing the Target Shockwave pack at work every night, I will fully blame every single host (except maybe Drew) if I end up buying another Animated toy. I've been so good for so long and you're almost making me break!

6. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    The rant towards the end was epic rage on so many levels, dude could have killed someone with that anger. It was fucking awesome :D