WTF @ TFW - TFAs3e05 - Where is Thy Sting?

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Mar 28, 2009.

1. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    You might be right. Maybe.

2. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I for one cannot find a decent pic of the original Sentinel Prime. I just... assume he is more based on The Tick, since his voice actor did the voice of The Tick. Overly muscular, big chin, obliviousness... Come on.

Or, he could also be Buzz Lightyear. Think about it.

4. GogDog

News Credits:
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  5. Cujo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    but in the podcast you said the word wasn't redeemed.....

6. GogDog

News Credits:
    I was messing with those trying to correct me. :D  You should be aware of that by now...

*edit*

Oh, I'm listening now, and I used the word redeem myself. :lol  I dont know what word I was looking for. I think Buzz got it with exhonerate, but I was trying to get my thoughts out and people kept suggesting words and it was making it worse.

7. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    You're listening mow? :lol 

Yeah, I think that IS the word you were looking for. It sounds about right.

8. GogDog

News Credits:
    Already edited it before your post went through, doucheface. :D 

9. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    So I see. I expected it would be stupid to comment on since you already justified the difference between Different-Word-Type and Typo-Typo over on Twitter. :B

10. GogDog

News Credits:
    Well, I'm on a PC with Firefox right now, so my only excuse is I didn't catch the red underline in the built-in spellcheck. :) 

11. GogDog

News Credits:
    And not to get into spoilers for "Five Servos of Doom" yet, but it looks like Buzz hit it right on the head with his theory of the Hammer being important.

12. Cujo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what you've never seen supertroopers before???

"I need to see you driver's license and registration right mow"

13. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    You mean when
    Cliffjumper specified that Shockwave took it
    ?

14. GogDog

News Credits:
    Yup. Everyone seemed worried about that fact.

15. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    I guess Vangelus' theory of it holding the power of the Matrix isn't too far-fetched, then. I always did think it was odd that those images in the council room (which to me look like stain glass windows, like in a church) featured the hammer. This is beginning to seem like an interesting plot point.

16. GogDog

News Credits:
    I guess we'll find out soon enough. I always figured that the Allspark was the representation of the Matrix in Animated, but who knows.
    If I had to guess, I'd say it would act as a key to unlock something. Since Shockwave's plan from the start was to open the space bridges to allow the 'Cons to arrive on Cybertron to take it over, my guess is the hammer has something to do with that plan.

But since some people probably didn't watch the ep early, we should probably wait til next week to discuss it so we don't spoil anything for those people.

17. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I noticed those too.
    To me, The first three panels look like Ultra Magnus (or a previous cybertronian leader with a simmilar silhouette) forging the Allspark.

Not sure what the forth is. Maybe the creation of some early cybertronians?

18. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    I agree. I'll just say now that after speaking with GeneralTekno over MSN about it, "Five Servos Of Doom" brings in some interesting theories. I'll save those for the next episode, though. ;) 

More on topic: I also kind of get now is the placement of Autobot symbols on the twins. I think maybe you guys pointed it out on the regular podcast, or maybe I just thought it, but the way they are placed on the characters works in their alt. mode (somewhat), and is completely hard to notice in robot mode as well as Safeguard. Now, once this episode came up, it makes sense - They're in a place that's hard to see. If Optimus and Ratchet saw these guys, and saw their symbols, they might have not mistaken them for Decepticons. Though, since they ARE flying Autobots...... Still, the placement works for that situation.

19. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

That fourth stained glass pannel looks like it could be Rodimus maybe, whoever it is has that Rodimus like spoiler on his back, though it could be someone with wings on his back, maybe Wing Blade Optimus life that toy that we heard about.

Mas y Menos, yeah those guys were scary because I thought they been based on/reminded me of Plus and Minus those twin puppets from Nickelodeon's Pinwheel. I can see the imfluence in the jet twins from Teen Titans.

Enjoyed the comparison with the DW pic too, yeah, there is a definate resemblance there too.

20. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Great episode guys, I'm really enjoying these.

I was actually a little confused though by what Gogdog said when referring to the Constructicon episode. I had to actually go back and watch it, cause I didn't remember it happening in the way he said it did; and what I found interesting about it was that it was actually Bulkhead who basically scared off the Constructicons at the end after they had lost their memory, and it was Optimus who was the one who said "Hey wait a minuet, don't be so harsh on them. They still weren't wearing Decepticon emblems, there may still be a chance for them."

So yeah, in a way, it actually makes what Gog pointed out about this episode make more sense, because there's starting to be a character pattern with Bulky and his short temper with those who have crossed him and his friends, and the actual consequences of it.

Or we all could be looking too deeply into it, and it was basically just a cop out "Hey kids, bullies don't win." kind of ending statement.