WTF @ TFW - 644 - April 19 2024

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Jun 17, 2024.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WTF @ TFW - 644 - April 19 2024

image.png
    From the depths of space comes the Transformers: One trailer... and like maybe 12 minutes of actual discussion! Instead? TJ makes a poorly-timed promise while Vangelus tries and bait Aaron out from the Pandora's Box he opened last episode. Will he ever escape from the grasp of Diaclone, or will he drag someone else into the abyss with him? Find out as the Diaclone Saga of WTF@TFW Continues!

Notes from the Hive:
    • As always, you can find our hosts on BlueSky and Elon's nightmare social media platform under the names @Vangelus, @TJOmega and @aksmth. They'll also appear if you say their names in the mirror three times.
    • Month four is wrapping up for our team's Extra Life Fundraising, and so far we're at over $1,185 raised for various children's hospitals! Vangelus' continues to do his deathless Elden Ring adventure, Aaron's been doing his usual thing with the in-person grind, and even your friendly neighborhood editor Bees is bouncing between ideas. I've been informed that not donating is a thought crime, which is punishable by something that's only been described as "Jail 2".
    [*]Hey, sorry about the delay in this episode! Work went crazy as hell again. The good news is now that this episode is out that means I'm sure they'll record a new one within ten minutes of the episode being finished. C'est la vie, etc.[/LIST]
    ---

Timothy Stamps, Esquire:
    [0:00:00] -- [INTRO] An Important PSA
    [0:00:47] -- [NEWS] The Transformers: One Trailer ain't Spoilers, Guys
    [0:15:54] -- [LISTENER QUESTION] Goin' Against The Grain
    [0:33:29] -- [ACQUISITIONS] Origin Wheeljack
    [0:40:31] -- [ACQUISITIONS] Some sort of Silverbolt?
    [0:46:23] -- [REVISITING] Generations 2013 Voyager Springer
    [0:48:26] -- [LISTENER QUESTION] Toy Shadow Drops & You
    [1:04:37] -- [ACQUISITIONS] Voyager Class Cybertron Starscream
    [1:10:50] -- [REVISITING] 2007 Leader Nightwatch Optimus Prime
    [1:20:28] -- [LISTENER QUESTION] Skynet Toy Experiment
    [1:31:34] -- [ACQUISITIONS] SS86 Sludge
    [1:38:32] -- [ACQUISITIONS] Star Toys Commander/Blitzwing
    [1:46:14] -- [ACQUISITIONS] SS86 Snarl
    [1:59:28] -- [LISTENER QUESTION] hOw dO yoU fEeL aBouT diAcLoNe
    [2:10:46] -- [DI-A-CLOOONE] Diaclone Tactical Carrier + Tactical Movers
    [2:21:16] -- [OFF-TOPIC] TMNT Mutatin' Ninja Turtle Reissues
    [2:36:47] -- [DI-A-CLOOONE] Grand Dion, Dia Guardian and Robot Base Machine Set
    [2:49:50] -- [OFF-TOPIC] Rock Lords count as On-Topic, Dammit!
    [3:02:26] -- [DI-A-CLOOONE] BATTLE BUFFALO
    [3:20:42] -- [OUTRO] The Blood Machine remains Unused.

iTunes users - You can subscribe to and review the podcast here! Please remember that the only acceptable review score is a 5/5, anything else is imperfection:
    iTunes Store

Zune (Memorial) user- You can still subscribe here, our lone stalwart champion.
    zune://subscribe/?WTF@TFW=http://wtf.tfw2005.com/feed/podcast

The RSS feed can be found here, with a link to the show file:
    https://www.tfw2005.net/podcast/WTF_TFW2005_-_644_-_April_19_2024.mp3

Last edited: Jun 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    The only toy that I can say I went "against the grain" on is Animated deluxe Lockdown. I know what it did is very impressive, with how it unfolds itself and whatnot, but I just find the toy to be plain ugly and not fun. It's not really show accurate and has big, blocky birthing hips with awkward articulation. I'm not crazy about the Revenge of the Fallen one either but at least that one looks better aesthetically

3. ShadowconLM14

ShadowconLM14 Member

i love how listening to these podcast eps now is just subtly reminding me how old both i am and the hosts are: \"these are all maybes, idk anything about this stuff. but! i do know that Nightwatch Optimus kicks ass, and -- boy do i wish i bought one..........uhhh 17 years ago.\" :-o

• Like Like x 1
  4. ShadowconLM14

ShadowconLM14 Member

i would love to send backa modern day action figure--an shfiguarts or a figma or even a threeA piece, where it would be like !! look at this!! look at all the Joints you can cram into a figure after the invention of the CAD model! butterfly joints! multiple joints in the chest and abdomen. the vaunted Ankle Tilt.

5. KoritoPrime

KoritoPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    07 movie 20th anniversary HERE WE GO

6. KoritoPrime

News Credits:
    Also since love hurting people with this
    We are 4 years away from the 07 movie being older than the animated movie was one the 07 movie came out

• Like Like x 1
  7. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

I'm actually regretting getting 3rd party feet for my ER Ironhide/Ratchet. Not because of the SS86 but from the awkwardness of Kingdom UM.

Both designs hit like an alien that didn't really get how the alt is supposed to work. Especially since current stories have more time en route, I can have a funny awkward period before they landed on Earth with jank alts.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2024
  8. firelancer120

firelancer120 Well-Known Member

Come to spotify lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Aaron and I are falling into that abyss together. It’s nice to have company. Since last episode I got Big Powered and two Waruders. And did you see that crazy ass sword Takara’s releasing for Giant Robot Base!? I hope you guys bring it up next episode if you haven’t recorded it already.

Excellent episode. Hopefully by the time the next one rolls around we’ll all have Swoop in hand and TJ may even have a Titan to talk about.

10. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Recorded episode in the can and awaiting editing I talk about Cloud Across, some more Versaulters, and <D> Vehicles. GX Sword releases in December and I've got it pre-ordered so it'll probably be talked about on the pod around June 2025 as Bee's editing schedule keeps slipping...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

I fell harder than I wanted when Vangelus mentioned the Triverse line.

They're cool and weird and tracking down around a colorway is SO annoying. 7 sets between big robots and small. Each come in multiple colors but no color set has all of them. Not even the hero colors I managed to track down the Red team which was only three buys, and my wallet is still sad.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2024
  12. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    If they keep making me do 50-60 hour weeks into June of next year, you’ll have to find a new editor after I slowly walk into the ocean.

13. KoritoPrime

News Credits:
    Glad to know I still have to power to make people take horrible decisions via Discord DMs

(Or maybe you had already seen it)

14. Aaron

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm subscribed to the various Diaclone threads here on TFW and they've been horrible influences on me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. KoritoPrime

News Credits:
    Guess I just have to try harder then

• Like Like x 1
  16. Glxblrt

Glxblrt Well-Known Member

What was the grail TJ said he lost his bid on?

17. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    I got the Missing Link Prime last week and I kinda agree with Vangelus. Had I messed with it beforehand I probably would have been satisfied enough to cancel my preorder. I should also mention that the trailer launching mechanism had been removed in prior reissues of G1 Prime.

Conversely, in the same order I got both of the Reactivate two-packs and I think the Soundwave from that line doesnt deserve the hate that it got. The chunky backpack isnt as big of a turnoff in hand and I always like it when Soundwave turns into anything besides a dull box.

18. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With how much you guys talk about the images you’re showing each other or looking at during the podcast, I’m wondering if you’ve ever thought about doing the podcast like a stream on YouTube the way Moonbase2 does. Then we can see what it is you’re referring to while listening if we want. I wasn’t into the idea at first, but now it’s how I prefer to listen to Andy’s show. Heck, you wouldn’t even have to do it live so you don’t have to worry about chat, and still keep to your schedule of once a month.

19. Aaron

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    We used to have chapters breaks and chapter images imbedded into the episodes, but as I recall it was a lot of extra effort that was rarely commented on or noticed. I can only imagine that making a video version of the pod including our shared images/links would be a significant effort multiplier. Especially as we specifically run everything without financial support and on a volunteer basis.

20. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, I’m definitely not suggesting you put extra cost or time into it if that’s required. The way I meant via steaming video was showing images or links with screen-sharing the same way Vangelus does on his streams. I’ve never done streaming before, so I have no idea if there are additional costs or difficulties with that. It was just an idea. I’ll still listen either way!