WTF @ TFW - 641 - February 11 2024

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WTF @ TFW - 641 - February 11 2024

image.png
    Vangelus is trapped within a mind palace of Ross headcanons this week, so it's up to TJ and Aaron to keep the ship afloat. Join us on this episode of WTF @ TFW as we talk about things that could have been, conspiracies, SUPERBOWLS and a post-Detolf trip to IKEA.

---
    Notes from the Hive:
    ---

Vangelus made my brain hurt, here's the timestamps I think:
    [0:00:00]
    - [CHATTER] JOHNMADDENJOHNMADDENJOHNMADDENJOHNMADDEN
    [0:03:55] - [LISTENER QUESTION] Oh, what could have been...
    [0:18:31] - [ACQUISITIONS] Legacy United Magneous
    [0:27:35] - [ACQUISITIONS] Legacy United Tigerhawk
    [0:38:18] - [REVISITING] Masterpiece Megatron 2.0
    [0:42:16] - [LISTENER QUESTION] The Headcanon Conspiracy
    [0:55:33] - [ACQUISITIONS] Studio Series Concept Blue Tape Man
    [0:59:04] - [ACQUISITIONS] Legacy United Animated Optimus Prime
    [1:09:27] - [ACQUISITIONS] Legacy United Thundertron
    [1:19:44] - [ACQUISITIONS] That Second Jurassic Park Pack
    [1:36:05] - [CHATTER] FOOBAH!
    [1:37:19] - [LISTENER QUESTION] The Ross Nightmare
    [1:48:53] - [ACQUISITIONS] Reactivate Starscream & Bumblebee
    [1:58:32] - [ACQUISITIONS] Aaron Knows His ABCs
    [2:05:26] - [ACQUISITIONS] TJ is Brave
    [2:13:13] - [OFF-TOPIC] The Return to IKEA
    [2:22:32] - [OFF-TOPIC] MDLX Dango (Kokone Link)
    [2:27:40] - [OFF-TOPIC] S.J.H.U. Project Shin Universe Robo
    [2:40:49] - [OFF-TOPIC] Aaron's LEGO Adventure
    [2:50:53] - [CHATTER] Outro

iTunes users - You can subscribe to and review the podcast here:
    iTunes Store

Zune (Memorial) user - You can still subscribe here, I think:
    zune://subscribe/?WTF@TFW=http://wtf.tfw2005.com/feed/podcast

The RSS feed can be found here, with a link to the show file:
    WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast - TFW2005.com

Or you can click below. But please subscribe to us, it's more professional that way!
    https://www.tfw2005.net/podcast/WTF_TFW2005_-_641_-_Feb_11_2024.mp3

• News Credit News Credit x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    FOOOOOTBAAAAAAAAAALL

• Like Like x 1
  3. Capperclawed

Capperclawed I'll clean ur pool

[​IMG]

downloaded the file to just listen to it offline at work and uh, thats a really good set of file names lol. yall good?

• Like Like x 1
  4. KoritoPrime

KoritoPrime Active Member

News Credits:
    Hearing that the butterfly meme came from a brave series made.me Dona double take so hard at work I almost dropped an engine on my face 

• Like Like x 1
  5. An Army of Bees

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I’ve been putting filler in the metadata the last few episodes. Didn’t realize it would completely override the actual name for you. Huh.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *Duh huh. (Bluh)

7. An Army of Bees

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Go roll to the left. :mad: 

8. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    I'm not an inherently creative person, so I don't have much in the way of headcanon. Every so often I've thought up ideas that I think could be pretty cool but I don't have the means, or desire, to expand on them much. Ideas like:

Rhinox was Dion before becoming a Maximal
    Dinobot used to be Carnivac
    The entire Autobot/Decepticon war was orchestrated by the Quintessons to act as a product demo
    The Decepticons were founded by a time traveling Galvatron

• Like Like x 1
  9. onslaught714

onslaught714 Well-Known Member

what the heck happened with brave prices anyways? like all of a sudden in the past couple years everything has quadrupled in price, and like vangelus said, even stuff that is broken or missing crucial parts goes for those prices. Did everyone in japan just suddenly decide they needed a brave figure and the supply drew up?

10. RamenJunkie

RamenJunkie Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I have not thought about it in ages so I am hazy in the details but back in Beast Wars and going ahead a bit from there I had an elaborate head canon going that basically was a way to have every figure be in the story.

And in most cases, BW characters with the name of a G1 character, were the same characters.

Some of the key differences.

A third shit was sucked through the vortex, an Auto ot Security ship with Owl Prowl and other "Police-ey" types (K-9 being one.). One thing from this, G1 Inferno was there as well, but he was damaged during the initial crash landing and became the psychotic Predacon Inferno.

At some point the Deceptions show up because BW Megatron (an exception to the G1 name rule) was not doing great at his mission, so Galvatron (played by BW2(Neo?) Dragon Galvatron shows up with some Deceptions to up the stakes.

I had a whole whack of Insecticons that had been built on planet and were more like drones with some bootleg Insects transformers.

It was also found that the planet was already inhabited before anyone arrived. A group lead by Ramulas, mostly consisting of Trans metal 2 characters, and Manterror for some reason, were already there.

Ramulas has been Dinobot's mentor and trainer in the past, Dinobot joins this faction.

This faction was stationed there guarding the "big secret real reason" Megatron had stolen the golden disks and come to the planet. The Tomb of Optimus Prime.

Optimus Prime's tomb was also guarded by a faction less BW Rampage.

Megatron manages to corrupt and revive Optimus Prime, played by Leo Convoy, who basically just goes Berserk and starts slaughtering everyone indiscriminately until Primal upgrades to Optimal Optimus and stops him.

There was also an underlying thread of a hidden super weapon and something about it being powered by 4 elemental infused characters. I forget most of this headcanon subplot other than it was headed up by TM Tarantulas and TM Terrorsaur.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bladeshadow

Bladeshadow Biotic Gourd

Tumblr:
    In my own loose "Legacy World" fiction (which also includes Siege/Earthrise/Kingdom and SS86) the conflict still largely falls across Autobot/Maximal and Decepticon/Predicon lines, but there's some ammount of splintering and infighting. The result is that while there are two major alliances, there are different camps and settlements that suabble and occasionally come to blows when their common enemy is absent.

Nova Prime and Jhiaxus have created a third faction by forming a tennuous alliance with the Quintessons. Due to controlling the most reliable energy sources, most of the mercenaries are on their side as well (until someone gives them a better offer)

Finally the Junkions, Infernacs, and Fossilizers have their own loose coalition of tribes far more focused on simply surviving in the harshest wastes than any ideological conflict.

• Like Like x 2
  12. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    A headcanon I've had for a while.....
    In season 3 of g1, you see a lot of miscolored background decepticons. Mostly Sweeps and Armadas wearing colours from other characters
    I reckon its because Unicron's influence is Contagious. The various Stunticon flavored Sweeps we see used to BE the Stunticons. Before being infected by Unicron mojo via extended proximity to Scourge and the Sweeps, and slowly mutating into Sweeps themselves.

A second headcanon I have, also Scourge Related.
    In Burden Hardest to bear, Scourge gets the Matrix and starts mutating. Basically melting while also becoming supremely powerful.
    I think its because at his Core, Thundercracker might have been Matrix Compatible. A Prime Candidate. And the Energies of the Matrix and Unicron within Scourge reacted to each other.
    If he had held on a bit longer, I suspect the Matrix might have even purged the Unicron influence from Scourge, turning him into a Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  13. VictoryBot93

VictoryBot93 Well-Known Member

I've always counted the toylines as their own separate world so Legacy was just MADE for me.

The way I see the line is through the lens of the world I've crafted through who they choose to release, so since we aren't 100% done with Legacy my headcanon is currently subject to change. But I wait with eager anticipation for United to continue so I can add more to my fun little world.

14. Kalel

Kalel Carnage Creations

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Just popping in to roll to the left

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

Honestly, it's been every older toyline lately. I've been eyeballing GI Joe lately and man, it's insane to me that anyone would pay 50 bucks for a discolored Cobra Commander with his face paint all rubbed off, but apparently that's where we're at now!

16. Capperclawed

Capperclawed I'll clean ur pool

Maybe im pulling this from media that actually existed but i dont remember what it was, IF it was.

But my headcannon for Cosmos always involved him crash landing in Roswell and scanning a UFO diner cause it was the first 'earth vehicle' he saw. i have this mini comic in my head of the plight of some cia operative trying to be like "NO THERE WAS AN ACTUAL UFO IN ROSWELL I SAW IT FUCKING LEAVE????" and everyones like "uh huh. yea they have lots of those in roswell. its like their whole thing."

17. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

this is pretty similar to my eternal headcanon for Cosmos. I’ve always thought of it as “he came to Earth in the 50’s and deliberately scanned a flying saucer prop knowing that if anyone saw him, no one would believe them.”

• Like Like x 1