WTF @ TFW - 635 - August 15 2023

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Sep 9, 2023.

1. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    @Secretcode

I was listening to the episode again and Aaron's audio drops at least twice

First time was around 31 minutes in and we don't hear him again until about the 49 minute mark. Second time was around the 01:05 and lasts for about a minute or two before he comes back. I don't listen through Google Podcasts, I use a different app

• Like Like x 1
  2. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thank you! I'm heading to work now, but I'll take a look/listen when I can and see if I can get a fixed episode out tonight/tomorrow (Or if it's just... part of Aaron's raw file. We'll see!)

EDIT: Just kidding, I work in an hour apparently. Around the 38-39 minute mark there appears to be a few short sentences that got cut off/probably trimmed out by mistake. Aaron says maybe 2-3 sentences for a good 15-20 minute stretch. I'll see if I can fix that tonight. I'll hop back in the thread/re-edit once I get a chance to listen to the other bit.

1 hour and 5 minutes, I assume?

2 EDIT 2 FURIOUS: Yeah, there it is. Alright, I'll tackle that tonight. Thank youuuuuu.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2023
  3. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Should I lead off anything I say with "HEY SECRETCODE, LISTEN TO ME! HEY LISTEN!!"?

4. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    y'all hear somethin?

weird

Anyway, I'm fixing the file now. The one larger bit of convo is 100% human error. The smaller bit in the first listener question seems to be a short set of responses that got hit during a noise clean-up sweep.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the episode is now fixed thanks to @Secretcode! timecoded feedback like @MrByatis's is absolutely key to allowing that to happen, so thank you as well!

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    In defense of Gamer Megatron who appears to be getting almost nothing but scorn from the collecting community:

Accuracy to the source material can sometimes be a curse, and most the things people prefer about the old WFC Megatron were the things that were inaccurate to the game like the deco, cannon, headsculpt, treads, and arms. The new one is drastically more accurate to the in-game model, I think people just forget that WFC Megatron is a very ‘ugly’ design.

The back of the figure not having the Decepticon symbol or thrusters is a legit knock against it though, especially in an era where they seem to be trying to make the figures accurate from as many angles as possible.

7. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    I'm honestly surprised people even like the original toy, I've had it since it came out and I've always found it to be ugly and unimpressive. It doesn't help that the video game design is probably one of least favorite Megatron designs

8. SearchmanDS

SearchmanDS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm only now getting around to this episode but the idea of an Axalon that can transform into a bat and a Darksyde that can transform into a crocodile is a 'Shut up and take my money!' idea. I want it to happen.

• Like Like x 2