WTF @ TFW - 631 - April 6 2023

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WTF @ TFW - 631 - April 6 2023

bwm06-metal-trex-08.jpg
    After nearly 15 years of podcasting, TJ finally finds himself stricken by the allure of something third party! Will Vangelus be able to tear Aaron away from his new ride long enough to prevent their fellow podcaster from going down a massive rabbit hole? Tune into Episode 631 of WTF@TFW, and find out.

You can find our hosts on Twitter over at @Vangelus, @aksmth, and @TJOmega

AndyRoo's Gaming Gang can be found over at Extra Life | Change Kids' Health, Change the Future

iTunes users - You can subscribe to and review the podcast here:
    iTunes Store

Zune user - You can still subscribe here, I think:
    zune://subscribe/?WTF@TFW=http://wtf.tfw2005.com/feed/podcast

The RSS feed can be found here, with a link to the show file:
    WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast - TFW2005.com

Or you can click below. But please subscribe to us, it's more professional that way!
    https://www.tfw2005.net/podcast/WTF_TFW2005_-_631_-_Apr_6_2023.mp3

• Like Like x 3
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Spyne98

Spyne98 Host of the Rock Nerd Radio Show

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. InhumanElm

InhumanElm Beast Machines was pretty good IMO

Twitter:
    This episode blew my mind twice:
    1) when it got to TJ's acquisitions, I immediately thought "Oh I bet it's a sentai robot." Oh no, it wasn't just a sentai robot; it was THE sentai robot. Specifically the one I have been searching for at times when I had money but never quite had enough. So cool hearing everyone gush over those toys. They sound awesome! Two of the many pre-Power Rangers mecha I hope to someday get my hands on.
    2) when Aaron got to his acquisitions and said "The thing you're talking about IS purple." And I thought "Ha, last purple thing I got was the spindown dice from the Tolarian Community College kickstarter." And then Aaron was like "It's the TCC kickstarter box" and I was like "WHAAAAAAAAT?"

• Like Like x 2
  4. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    When I edit the episodes and I have no idea what the fuck they're talking about, it usually leads to about 10-15 minutes of me Googling and lookin' at whatever they're talking about.

This one was maybe the most grim and longest "research period" that eventually turned into me googling for about an hour and a half on various deck boxes and storage solutions that have popped up over the years.

I hate you, Aaron.

I hate you so much.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I was listening to this on the way home, and Spyne, your question really hit home for me. We welcomed our little girl last September, and in the months leading up to her arrival I did a lot of thinking.

I stood in my collection/game room and looked around:
    Fragile glass detolfs, dangerous for a child to be around.
    Higher end figures, far too delicate to survive child handling and too expensive to replace. Colorful displays, very attractive to the eyes of a child.

Do I box it all up and put it in a closet, get rid of the cabinets and just keep the stuff hidden away for the next two decades? I knew if I boxed it up I’d probably never unbox it, and if it was just going to live in boxes I should just sell it all off.

I thought it might be time to get rid of it all, I thought I might be done. I still have moments where I think I should be. My wife actually talked me out of it.
    So we anchored all the cabinets to the wall and set up baby gates to keep her away from the cabinets.

She’s coming up on 1 now and she’s the absolute center of my universe. Where once I looked at her as the universe telling me it was time to call it a day, now I look forward to the day I can share my hobby with her (if she’s interested).

Im glad all went well with the delivery and that baby is healthy and happy!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    <3

• Like Like x 1
  7. An Army of Bees

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    you're in canada, aaron, get off of the forums and enjoy some food from the fresh poutine bush outside the convention doors

8. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you for sharing this, it was really heartwarming to read <3

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

Does anyone else hear moments when it seems like Vangelus is listening to and responding to no one? Like he cuts himself off, then silence, then what sounds like a response. It happens at 38:25 in this episode.

Also, I gotta stick up for Bomburst. His robot mode is so expressive I can’t bring myself to care about his alt mode.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2023
  10. An Army of Bees

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    There is some VOIP lag between Aaron and Vangelus at times. I've been gettin' better at removing what I find, but sometimes stuff falls through the cracks. Thank you for the heads up, but over the course of the next two episodes you should notice some improvements.

• Like Like x 2