WTF @ TFW - 610 - Oct 16 2021

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WTF @ TFW - 610 - Oct 16 2021

Episode610.jpg

With Aaron deep into Star Trek (again) and Vangelus discovering the power of Tensegrity, it's up to you- the listener- to find out what a "TJ Moment" is on this episode of WTF @ TFW!

-Lead Pipes, Bees, and Concussions:
    0:00:00 to 0:03:35
    -Opening and Intro
    0:03:35 to 0:04:30
    -News: Victory Saber HasLab Fully Funded
    0:04:30 to 0:06:12
    -Listener Question #1 from Prime135
    0:06:12 to 0:09:20
    -Star Trek Tangent
    0:09:20 to 0:12:26
    -Back To Listener Question #1
    0:12:26 to 0:23:30
    -Listener Question #2 from DragonLord2200
    0:23:30 to 0:55:25
    -Listener Question #3 from Destron Supreme
    0:55:25 to 1:03:30
    -Listener Question #4 from LegoTFGuy
    1:03:30 to 1:17:00
    -Listener Question #5 from ShadowconLM14?
    1:17:00 to 1:29:30
    -What We Got This Week
    1:29:30 to 2:30:19
    -Ending
    2:30:19 to 2:32:58

iTunes users - You can subscribe to and review the podcast here:
    iTunes Store

Zune user - You can still subscribe here, I think:
    zune://subscribe/?WTF@TFW=http://wtf.tfw2005.com/feed/podcast

The RSS feed can be found here, with a link to the show file:
    WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast - TFW2005.com

Or you can click below. But please subscribe to us, it's more professional that way!
    https://www.tfw2005.net/podcast/WTF_TFW2005_-_610_-_Oct_16_2021.mp3

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Korito

Korito chicken nugget expert

News Credits:
    when a new episode shows up on me feed, i have to drop everything and listen, that is the way 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Korito

Korito chicken nugget expert

News Credits:
    to answer the question about good deals i once found a box of 15 random transformers for 75$ that had a complete Armada Prime and the UltraMagnus repaint of Armada Overlord

4. squawkbox74

squawkbox74 Mawile enthusiast

Twitter:
    Recent good deal story: I got the $40 Sparkless Seeker three-pack for $2 at Walmart, because somebody put the wrong sticker on it.

5. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    It’s been a bit since I’ve edited this, but the tensegrity fire pit still fills me with as large a feeling of horror as it did when I first heard about it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WTF this was recorded five months ago why is it only being uploaded now?

7. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

Once about 15 years ago I got original G1 Skullcruncher, Highbrow, Hardhead, and Brainstorm all complete….
    …. For only $100 on eBay.

best deal ever

8. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you to the literal army of bees who made this podcast possible. Cross them at your own peril.

Best toy deal ever was years ago at Power Morphicon 2010, where I got a boxed DX Muteki Shogun for $50. I later sold it and regret it :( 

Lightning Collection is the most mixed of bags I’ve ever seen in a figure line. On the one hand, the base male and female bucks are incredibly articulated. I never would have expected butterfly joints by default for every figure. And the monsters and villains are incredible. The Tenga was my figure of the year 2021.

On the other hand, there’s the reliance of two-packs the either use redundant figures in order to tempt you to buy new ones (Zeo Pink, Rita, Scorpina), or release some of them in other ways later (Psycho Red, Galaxy Red, Space Blue) the paint issues, and the MMPR overfocus (I am collecting the line completely with the exception of those awful Metallic Armor figures). That said, I would kill for a Psycho Ranger-style boxset for MMPR that includes all the resculpted helmets (they fixed those for the metallic figures) and full Blade Blaster loadouts for all of them, so I guess I’m part of the problem.

I don’t know if it’s happened in Canada, but King Sphinx and Pumpkin Rapper have gone on steep discounts over here. And I’m getting Super 7 Goldar to solve the scale issue with the other monsters.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. dragonlord2200

dragonlord2200 Dark Lord Of The Abyss

I should Clarify, a TJ Moment is when you get an amazingly dumb steal on a toy. like his Galvatron. But thank you Vangelus, Aaron and TJ for answering my question.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cosmoglide

Cosmoglide NA W4Y W3 60

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    so in playing with my Rodimus, folding the gray peg down didn't matter. Folding up the shields and making sure the little tab at the front was securely tabbed in worked for me. No thickening of tabs, gray leg isn't down. Trailer now holds together, perfectly.
    PXL_20220220_174517568~2.jpg PXL_20220220_173809812~2.jpg PXL_20220220_173832230.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. An Army of Bees

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Due to supply chain restraints, the raw materials needed from overseas to create a podcast file are unfortunately at an all-time low. While editing can be done with relatively low impact on the existing supply of these materials, finalizing the podcast file (as well as uploading it to The Internet) is a massive drain on resources.

Luckily, a new alternative resource has been found and although it is quite experimental the usage of said resource should allow podcasts to be uploaded faster than before.

• Like Like x 7
  12. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Had an editor for two episodes and abusing the power already. G1 Comic Grimlock would be proud.

I went on a weird quest for a smash roster in higher end posable action figures. If I saw a figma or other lines with a character I felt a weird tug

I thickened the tabs on mine, I didn't know each one was a weird puzzle.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  13. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    Hey @Aaron , how did you feel when Picard went full Mass Effect? I happened to be playing through the original trilogy when season 1 was airing so the similarities really stuck out to me

14. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy aka BrickBotGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    First time I've sent in a listener question, was pretty surreal hearing my username in the podcast. Gonna be riding THAT high for the rest of the week, lol.

Best deal was definitely ROTF Leader Prime for $3 at a thrift store. He was halfway transformed so they probably thought he was incomplete. Absolutely worth the experience of owning that figure for that price. Second place goes to the complete ROTF Deluxe Lockdown I found for $10 at a comic shop long after the line had concluded.

15. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can confirm, we burned through a LOT of literal men and manpower before arriving at The Current Resource, and thankfully their sacrifices were not in vain.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Capperclawed

Capperclawed I'll clean ur pool

my TJ Moment actually happened this passing long weekend! my local group had a meetup together, one dude owns a plumbing shop so we tend to gather there bi-monthly and have a lil transformers expo where people bring tables and all the stuff they're purging from their collection! There was also a draw this time, if you spent money on anyone at the expo, youd get entered into a draw!

One of the guys there is changing his entire collection over to legends scale so he's purging really hard. I got a Fans hobby Minerva for $40cad, and Generations Blurr for $10. (minerva was the real highlight)

Since i spent $50, i got into the draw and won the #1 spot, which was a sealed TR Rodimus Prime, and an open Rodimus Unicronus !

If you value both of those at around $50, and bump Minerva up to what she retails for, then i spent $50 and left with around $200 worth of figures that day. was a great weekend.

17. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    A couple of amazing deals I got on ebay several years ago.

Alternity Banzaitron for $18.99, and Metal Mutants Shredder for $25. I didn't even realize the Shredder was as big of a deal it was, till I looked yesterday and saw the cheapest one on ebay was over $100.

18. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know if this applies as a Deal but I got an entire case of tamashii stands from amazon when I ordered one box. A box contains 2 stands, which is what I wanted and it was something like $12. They sent me 16 boxes. So now I have 32 stands. I don't even have the shelf space to use something like that.

A note on the editing: It sounds like some sort of dead air remover or something was used on this file. There are almost no pauses in the talking and it makes it feel rushed. It's especially bad on Aaron where it makes it sounds like he's cutting himself off over and over. If there's a setting or something to dial back how harshly it cuts that out it would make the listening experience a lot nicer. I'll keep listening either way, just providing a little feedback in case this is a somewhat easy fix.

EDIT: Also pretty great timing with all of the "They'll never make GI Joe crossovers, especially not a HISS Tank" talk. Very amusing listening to that today.

• Like Like x 1
  19. An Army of Bees

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thank you for bringing this to my attention. This is the first of [REDACTED] episodes that I edited, and I expected some roughness from the first episode at least but nothing like that. I really do appreciate it.

No filter or cutting was done to snip out the random dead-air. It's natural to a conversation, and it's weird to cut normal ones out. There were a few 5-10 seconds gaps I edited out, but nothing that would turn something into a run-on sentence. I noticed it when relistening as well, and I'm not sure what would have caused that. It's there on the final edit as well. I'm looking over the other episodes now, but I'm not noticing anything like this at all. Please do keep me posted if there's anymore weirdness.

Yay, learning!

• Like Like x 1
  20. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @Secretcode Thanks for replying. I'll put a comment here if anything comes up in future episodes. Thanks for helping out with these! It's great to have the crew back in my feed.