WTF @ TFW - 601 - SS86 Kingdoms: The What We Got This Wonanza - March 31 2021

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, May 17, 2021.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WTF @ TFW - 601 - SS86 Kingdoms: The What We Got This Wonanza - March 31 2021

1416335.jpg

Absolute professionals talk about a whole ton of SS86 and Kingdom Transformers toys, after a highly professional tangent about how to wedge a very large boat.

- Opening
    - Intro
    - The What We Got This Wonanza
    - Studio Series 86 and Cyclonus Because C'mon
    - Kingdom G1ers
    - The Core Class
    - The Fossilizers
    - Kingdom Beastars
    - Ending and Outro

iTunes users - You can subscribe to and review the podcast here:
    iTunes Store

Zune user - You can still subscribe here, I think:
    zune://subscribe/?WTF@TFW=http://wtf.tfw2005.com/feed/podcast

The RSS feed can be found here, with a link to the show file:
    WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast - TFW2005.com

Or you can click below. But please subscribe to us, it's more professional that way!
    https://www.tfw2005.net/podcast/WTF_TFW2005_-_601_-_SS86Kingdom_WWG_-_Mar_31_2021.mp3

• News Credit News Credit x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Agregor

Agregor Unsanctioned Commando

The Collection epiphany I\'ve developed is that if I\'m satisfied with a version of a character I got, I don\'t feel the need to replace it with a more recent release. For instance, I\'m  happy with the NA Titans Return Kup and don\'t feel the need to get the new SS86 one. Saves me some dollars and saves me the hassle of finding a thing to do with the old version.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    6F7A262B-923F-413A-9462-0423D05F7FC0.gif

• Like Like x 2
  4. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kingdom Dinobot is one of those toys that really makes me lament the fact we don't get Takara versions with more detailed decos anymore. That's a toy I would have gladly paid double or more to get that extra detailing. I've been thinking about commissioning a customizer to spruce him up, but I don't know what their prices are and wouldn't want to pay them too little for their labor, but also there just comes an amount of money I couldn't pay either. Maybe this whole Premium Finish thing will lead to a nice Dinobot redeco.

Very curious what Vangelus thinks about Battle Convoy V-Max's trailer. I just opened mine today and holy crap it's massive. I'd seen comparison shots but it still is so striking in person, and very sturdy. It still doesn't do a ton unless you're super into setting up all the stuff for the Dianauts (I'm not personally), but just the heft makes it seem so much more worthwhile. And of course the robot is spectacular.

I think my epiphany is that I've just become so much more appreciative of the ability to display my toys. I added a number of shelves and plan on adding another one in a few months and it's just nice to see everything with room to breathe. Once I get some more shelving I'll probably be unboxing my PR Lightning Collection figures and looking for the best way to sort extra hands and accessories.

Also, the Super 7 Ninja Turtles are some of the coolest toys out there right now. I'd never gotten the Turtles itch before but these are like my ideal versions of them. Dunno if that counts as an epiphany, but I wanted to give them a shout out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Spyne98

Spyne98 Host of the Rock Nerd Radio Show

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm listening to the episode now. I'm about 2/3 of the way through. I enjoyed your question during the break, regarding things that we have learned about ourselves. I am fully enjoying what I buy, but I have realized that I have a total fear of missing out. I recently decided to cancel some pre-orders because I decided that I really don't want them. I keep getting wrapped up in the idea of "oh but what if this is a good toy!?!" I'm trying to stop myself from thinking like that. Also, my wife and I recently purchased a house, so I totally need to cut back in some areas. Great episode as always! Thank you for putting in so much work and love to the episodes!
    And just to say it, I like Dinobot too, but he's not my perfect figure. Cyclonus, on the other hand, might be my toy of the year...or Huffer.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One thing I've found helpful are the archival zip bags I've been using for a while - either small ones for the extra bits, or larger ones to also store the entire figures in when I don't have a spot for em.

Also have seen more than one person use tackleboxes for 6inch handswap storage!

• Like Like x 1
  7. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’ve been looking at archival bags! Just trying to find a good place to buy some.

8. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've learned mostly that my one character or "definitive character" rule falls apart where Beast Wars are concerned. There are already a few exceptions (Grimlocks/Shockwaves/Starscreams) but I've bought way too many fossilizers and such.

9. Cosmoglide

Cosmoglide NA W4Y W3 60

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    concerning the ss86 backdrops, I just want to point out that those flatten out, nicely, for storage. I started to chuck em, but the artwork is just too sweet.

10. openchallenge

openchallenge It's own reward

Gotta say the inverse about Core class, I want to say they aren't worth driving around for. The malwarts in my area just aren't carrying them and my comic shop had wave one but when I asked if they ordered Soundwave they thought it looked awesome and ordered some but they had forgotten Core class was a thing.

11. Cosmoglide

Cosmoglide NA W4Y W3 60

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    The closest I've come to an epiphany over this last year is that I completely stopped buying Marvel Legends (and Hasbro is trying real hard to make me give up on GI Joe Classified). I just don't have as much fun fiddling with action figures as I do with transformers. I keep pushing it off, but I am planning a big sell-off of my Legends collection, at some point.

12. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I've got at least 4 very large totes in my basement still of card backs from RiD to somewhere in the 2015 range. I think the art's neat, but I could also find someone with good scans and get them printed if I wanted that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cosmoglide

Cosmoglide NA W4Y W3 60

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    totally understand. i play around with toy photography, so I need all the help I can get. ha.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Warpath is essentially mini BadCube's Wardog with a less complicated upper half. I wouldn't say the shield is integral, but it does sinch up the panels into a much happier solid.

My epiphany came from the ability to pay whatever I felt towards preorders on The Chosen Prime. I feel WAY more satisfied putting a partial payment on 4-6 things each paycheck than than throwing it all to fully pay for one thing.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  15. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    But @Aaron, how could they have used a helicopter to remove the shipping crates from the Evergreen if helicopters aren’t real??

Surprised @Vangelus didn’t bring that small detail up during the podcast

• Like Like x 1
  16. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I think I still have ban powers that never got taken away. I just need to go digging through those board menus I don't touch...

• Like Like x 1
  17. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Full Time Toy Designer

Sweeping in for that midway break question: so it kinda had been accumulating for a while but last year really solidified it; I’m just not in a rush to get any new transformers anymore. I kinda expect me to randomly pick up some second hand at a dealer room or flea market years in the future but I’ve been having more fun digging through the extensive backlog of the brand. Everyone replacing their Unicrons for the Haslab one? Time to finally mess with one of the many Armada repaints/retools. Shopping the transformer section at a local collector store? Finally time to grab Beast Hunters Thundertron. Its… nice.

• Like Like x 1