WTF @ TFW - 599 - The Queuemageddon - February 810 2021

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WTF @ TFW - 599 - The Queuemageddon - February 810 2021

armageddon-53544-medium.jpg

The listener question queue receives a demolition charge as this very correctly dated podcast episode blows through a backlog and (finally) clears out a clot in an editor's brain.

- Opening
    - Intro
    - Listener Question from epislon8
    - Listener Question from Whelpd1
    - Listener Question from Destron Supreme
    - Listener Question from soybean56
    - Listener Question from BlackHawkOmega
    - Intermission
    - Listener Question from theestampede
    - Listener Question from Thebricklord
    - Listener Question from Digger
    - Listener Question fromBumblebee765
    - Listener Question from Spyne98
    - Listener Question from excelhedge
    - Ending and Outro

iTunes users - You can subscribe to and review the podcast here:
    iTunes Store

Zune user - You can still subscribe here, I think:
    zune://subscribe/[email protected]=http://wtf.tfw2005.com/feed/podcast

The RSS feed can be found here, with a link to the show file:
    WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast - TFW2005.com

Or you can click below. But please subscribe to us, it's more professional that way!
    https://www.tfw2005.net/podcast/WTF_TFW2005_-_599_-_Queuemageddon_-_Feb_810_2021.mp3

• News Credit News Credit x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Artist with a Temper

News Credits:
    I thiiiink CW Leader Megatron had a missile in the turret/fusion cannon

I also find my collecting habits similar to TJ's; I've put most of my MP's up for sale sans MP-10. I've also been doing the same thing of not getting "the set". I was going to go completionist on PR Lightning Collection, but I recently decided not to go in on the comic book characters.

Ranger Slayer looks cool! But I have no connection to the comic! I've mostly gotten PRLC more for the Sentai part, so I decided not to get Pumpkin Rapper or Psycho Green (but I got Zedd & Drakkon because they look cool come on).

With Kamen Rider Shodo, I'm considering selling old figures of characters who got upgrades in Shodo-X, like V3 or Kabuto.

With Mega Construx MOTU, aside from the SDCC Battle Bones or that He-man/Beast Man 2-pack, I've gone complete for the most part. I almost got the flocked Panthor but was going to keep in on the card, because all that flocking stuff comes off and gets messy, and... what's the point? I have the non-flocked one. I want to get all the color schemes for the characters, and the one that comes with the flocked Panthor is supposed to be 'Filmation' colored, but they also said that about the one in the first MCX Heroes wave.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  3. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Man, firing missiles used to be my thing. I fired straight up and gauged if it was a cool toy. Some would barely clear and others disappeared for a few seconds.

It's hard to say if I want everything since I love BW and G1. But I'm way more focused on the fun than just having it or the characters. I am still getting fomo since value does not necessarily go down over time.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  4. Jammer8red

Jammer8red Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I get excited whenever I see [email protected] podcast pop up on my iTunes. I appreciate the hard work that you put into these shows! Thanks, and I look forward to listening.

• Like Like x 1
  5. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Hit play as soon as I saw it was up. Missed you guys!

• Like Like x 1
  6. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    Sorry Not Sorry for the Concubot Line. XD

7. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

A friend of mine is in the Funko Pop reselling business and makes ridiculous money. I was at his store one day and I witnessed a guy drop $500 on two rare Pops (a Mandalorian and a DBZ pop, a gold Freiza now that I think about it). My jaw dropped. He has a rare WWE Rey Misterio exclusive Pop worth $450 in his store. He might have sold it already, I haven't asked. He's told me that he's sold rare Pops for thousands of dollars. I'm continually stunned by how much these dumb things are worth.

8. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm gonna get a little bit real here to say that I'm glad that the chaos of the past year hasnt derailed [email protected] Sometimes I feel I've outgrown some of the more social aspects of this hobby, but the way you talk about inclusivity and the health of COLLECTING so often reminds me that I havent.

Thanks folks!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Endertrot

Endertrot Well-Known Member

Its great to hear you guys again, [email protected] has quickly become my comfort podcast to put on whenever I need background noise to listen to thats really calming. I'm glad you got out of your editing funk Vangelus!
    Also, uh, Twitter DMs are a suitable avenue for sending in listener questions, right?

• Like Like x 1
  10. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Oh man, a team thats been done dirty by Hasbro? The Deluxe Insecticons. We got Chop Shop back in Titans Return, and Ransack/Barrage could be done as convenient redecos of Kickback/Shrapnel, but at this point I'd want the quartet as Deluxes to make up for their absence.

Also, all of the Micromaster teams Hasbro left half done.
    I've started up a digibash project to at least fill some gaps with repaint proposals, but options are limited. No Helicopter means neither Blazemaster or Tracer are in the cards.

11. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    indeed, though it is organizationally easier for me to receive em on here via private message

• Like Like x 1
  12. InhumanElm

InhumanElm Beast Machines was pretty good IMO

Twitter:
    It's funny that TJ mentioned not going in on Kamen Rider Saber; this is the first time I've bought KR stuff since Fourze and it's the first time I've followed a series as it's happening. And it's leading me to go back and watch the older shows. Did you guys know this Kamen Rider stuff is actually really cool? :eek: 

13. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I’m unhappy to report that the clear plastic on my Earthrise battlemasters has all started cracking. I pulled them out of storage to sell them and Slitherfang and Doublecrosser both have bad cracking. Soundbarrier seems okay so far but time will likely tell another story.

14. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great episode guys! I loved hearing you talk about how collecting habits have changed, I know mine have. I’m also trying to live with the fear of missing out. It’s a hard wall to climb over, but I’m doing it.

15. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

Okay, glad I'm not alone with the surprise people are getting wave 2 already. I've barely seen wave 1 in my area. In fact, I don't think a single store I've been to has had all of the Kingdom stuff on shelves at the same time.

Also, gonna need an "acrossed" count on Aaron for this episode.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021