WTF @ TFW - 572 - Oct 2 2019

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WTF @ TFW - 572 - Oct 2 2019

Armorvor-Arthrodak-Dark-Nebula-USE.jpg

It's a news catch-up pile-up with Aaron the Time-Traveller and TJ the Dread-Launcher, featuring Vangelus and Vangelus.

- Opening
    - Intro
    - What We Got On-Topic This Week
    - Generations Seacons (cameos by Star Convoy) (who's already been reviewed??)
    - The Second Finale of Unicron
    - Age of the Rise of the Earth of the
    - Listener Question from Sousuke_Sagara
    - What Else We Got This Week
    - Ending and Outro

iTunes users - You can subscribe to and review the podcast here:
    iTunes Store

Zune user - You can still subscribe here, I think:
    zune://subscribe/?WTF@TFW=http://wtf.tfw2005.com/feed/podcast

The RSS feed can be found here, with a link to the show file:
    WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast - TFW2005.com

Or you can click below. But please subscribe to us, it's more professional that way!
    http://www.tfw2005.net/podcast/WTF_TFW2005_-_572_-_Oct_2_2019.mp3

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. OptimusPhillip

OptimusPhillip Active Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    TJ captured my thoughts on Earthrise Prime to a tee. I'm a little tempted to consider doing a Cybertronian mode/Earth mode deal, but I'm already tight on cash as is.

3. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Earth Rise (to me) makes SIEGE a little bit worse looking by comparison. If Hasbro was going to do accurate G1 style earth modes in the following wave then I wish SIEGE had been a lot weirder. Tetrajets were nice, but Hovervan Wheeljack, UFO Bumblebee, and Alien alt mode Jazz would have been great additions. I wish the Lambo/Datsun/Optimus molds had also been weirder. I also wish we had gotten more Cybertron homages, I assumed the next part of the War for Cybertron would also be on Cybertron so I was excited for a voyager Demolisher, but now I'm not sure that will happen. I'm mostly excited just for Grapple and any new characters in Earth Rise. I think the consistant G1 inspired toys have filled my collection to the point where I'm not buying new iterations to upgrade characters I am happy with.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It should never have been a vote for Wheeljack, that was a rediculous miss; Especially against Impactor. In fact they should have prioritized everyone that appeared in Cybertronian forms. oh well, I think we might still get some cybertronian forms, remember Skytread. Also Sideswipe is a straight up Lambo, were it be Cybertronian I would have nixed the wheels add tiny wings.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Yeah; the moment you brought up the cel shaded Siege prime in the same breath as ER, I was like "oh right, you. Hey"

I'm glad we're finally getting a CHUG version of the trailer. But I will admit I'm glad they waited until now, I'm glad it's a lot smaller than usually scaled, and we don't need another one for a very long time. I dig the eyes, because I will put money on someone's already working on a roller, so that fully modern G1 prime is within reach. And if you really don't like them, Siege Optimus has a nigh-identical head.

The tanker is very likely, but unless that prime is cel shaded, I think I'm good.

6. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

I also dig the fish headed armorvor guy. I hope he comes back soon with a crayboth the same colors again, he looks he evolved from one. You could also get a pheyaos as a mid tier or failed mutation.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  7. OrionPaximus

OrionPaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Glyos system created by Matt Doughty, one of the most inventive toy lines ever created. It has spawned a multitude of other independent creators.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

The Robo Force line from toyfinity has been my favorite so far.

9. Everything Man

Everything Man Well-Known Member

If you guys are interested in some cool glyos stuff check out toypizza.com.

10. KevinSig

KevinSig Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I wonder if the toy line following Earthside will involve returning to Cybertron, reflecting the way the cartoon went. And hey, we’ve got Unicron. Maybe the next toy line will even drop Optimus & Megatron in favor of Rodimus & Galvatron.

11. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I would assume part three will be heavily season three oriented. So they're probably going to go back to mainly Cybertronian modes.