WTF @ TFW - 560 - April 26 2019

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, May 7, 2019.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WTF @ TFW - 560 - April 26 2019

fb-blog.png

A short post-Endgame recording of a Transformers podcast in which Aaron, TJ, and Vangelus do not talk about Endgame spoilers but DO talk about dat Turtler!

- What We Got On Topic This Week
    - Listener Question from TedimusPrime
    - TURTLER
    - Listener Question From InhumanElm
    - What Else We Got This Week

iTunes users - You can subscribe to and review the podcast here:
    iTunes Store

Zune user - You can still subscribe here, I think:
    zune://subscribe/?WTF@TFW=http://wtf.tfw2005.com/feed/podcast

The RSS feed can be found here, with a link to the show file:
    WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast - TFW2005.com

Or you can click below. But please subscribe to us, it's more professional that way!
    http://www.tfw2005.net/podcast/WTF_TFW2005_-_560_-_Apr_26_2019.mp3

2. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Full Time Toy Designer

Hey guys, I just wanted to thank you for answering my question. That was really cool of you. Lots of really great suggestions and your enthusiastic answer for the 90s gridman toys are pushing me to go find those as my next hunt. 

On a side note, I just wanted to say that between when I asked the question and listening to the answer, I did get a Galaxy Force Convoy! TJ, I\'ve been listening to you talk about that toy for over a decade, and it\'s very cool having it in hand.

Great show as always. 

3. TedimusPrime

5F009D9A-8C97-4E12-A816-F7E948F670DE.jpeg
    Also for kicks and for Aaron this was my Triple Cog

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    My favorite former Power Ranger drama is still Recardo Medina, the Red Samurai Ranger was actually a stripper for a while. A friend of mine actually saw him at a bachlorette party. Then when we looked him up to varify, he killed his roommate.

Blue Ranger has nothing on this guy

5. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, I think the biggest scandal other than that is probably from one of the Operation Overdrive rangers. The black Overdrive ranger took one of the banners from PMC 2007 that was signed by all of the attending guests and kept it for himself. These banners were supposed to be auctioned on ebay with the proceeds going to the Make-a-Wish Foundation. So, basically this asshole stole from sick and dying kids. Frankly, I feel like we should get a special where the Overdrive team comes back and they just straight-up recast the character, to remove some of the stink.

On the Seacon conversation, I'm leaning toward the idea that we'll get the 4 limbs made out of the molds that are shared by King Poseidon, with Nautilator being relegated to Legends status. That way we still get all six, one of which turning into a gun, but without dealing with trying to get a CW-style combiner to convincingly hold a deluxe in it's hands.

6. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    My idea would be to make Nautilator a Weaponiser.
    Rip his legs off an fold them in at the knee to make the combiner feet.
    Use the robot arms and lobster legs to make the combiner hands.
    Then fold a handle and gunbarrel out of the torso for Piranacon's rifle.

Towards your listener question, I would also recommend the Webdiver line.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    Isn't King Poseidon the exact same toy as Piranacon? I'm confused.

Edit: or do you guys mean God Neptune?

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your talk about Youtube video marketing was interesting. One of the worse offenders in my mind is The Cosmonaut Variety Hour.

Check this thumbnail: upload_2019-5-8_8-40-38.png

It's all about getting that initial outrage click. The thing that bothers me even more is generally his videos are much more nuanced than the thumbnail and title advertise. He's actually going through a nice discussion about the movies and the thing he likes and are done well in addition to the parts that haven't aged so well. I guess I wish that he didn't feel the need to advertise the negative/cinemasins style of content, but maybe that's just how Youtube works now?

• Like Like x 1
  9. TedimusPrime

Thanks! Any highlights of the line?

10. InhumanElm

InhumanElm Beast Machines was pretty good IMO

Twitter:
    I don't think it's fair to pin the negative style of content from Youtube on Cinemasins. Their content usually comes across as playing up the nitpicking/overly pedantic critic character as a gag, not meant to be taken that seriously.
    On the flipside, Chris mentions Youtubers that actively try to stir up rage and anger in their viewers. In those instances, it's not meant to be a joke.

11. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

I found this at Marshall’s

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The window was cracked open, but otherwise, totally fine. I was just like "yes, please!"

• Like Like x 1
  12. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Galleon. The figure that first caught my interest in the line. Is a robot pirate Dragon that transforms into a pirate ship.
    Cerberon and Orturion are a pair of dog monsters that turn into into tanks. And also combine, Animated Safeguard style into a robot.
    And Daitalion. A massive lad that that transforms into a Final Fantasy Airship. And Has a Headmaster. And has some extra interactions with two smaller figures.
    Those are my personal highlights, and that's ignoring the entire line's central gimmick. The got dang Vidya games built into the central figure of the line Gradion. An old style leader class toy that turns into a futuristic locomotive. Hooks up to your telly via an cables and play one of two games based on what mode he's in. And all of the other figures in the line can be used to give him power ups in the robot mode game via ir link. The line came out in 2001, more than a decade before Skylanders and Amiibo would popularize the idea.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TedimusPrime

I went for the airship. That seems like a fun gateway.

14. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    I'm shocked you found one so quickly. Congrats. I don't even have one yet.
    If you go full hog on this line good luck finding Wyverion.

15. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    HOW DID I FORGET WEBDIVER. Actually really impressed you found Daitalion at all, he's usually the second rarest one. Sharkon and Galleon are also great picks.

16. TedimusPrime

He actually just came in yesterday! I just thought he looked so cool and the price was too solid to pass up. I’ll check those out too, as this guy easily impressed me.

17. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

Haven't listened yet, but the comments about Webdiver piqued my interest! If you like Webdiver look into the sequel series Daigunder as well! I love both of those lines and love sharing info on them!
    Also, shameless plug, but if anyone's looking for Daitalion and his two headmaster buddies let me know. I'll be selling them, but haven't quite posted them in the sales thread.

18. Spyne98

Spyne98 Host of the Rock Nerd Radio Show

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To chime in on InhumanElm's question, I think the craziest prices I have seen always tend to be much lower than expected. A friend of mine has a place called Ollie's by him and they had a MOUNTAIN of Titans Return Trypticons for $50 each. I was at a small toy and collectible store in New Jersey that had the new Voyager size Prime for $20. He was opened, but barely touched, so I grabbed him. That was pretty cool. I grabbed a device label (blue) Soundwave off eBay for $15, the seller had spelled the name wrong, so I was the only one who bid.
    There is a comic and toy store by my job, and I'm not going name them as Vangelus asked not to, but for a few years, every time a new movie Leader Class figure dropped, they would have it in their store for $100. Every. Single. Time.

19. TedimusPrime

People who list their items and don't know what they have is always my favorite. You find all crazy stuff. There's even a website dedicated to help you find mispelled listings XD

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    So that thing about wishing you could combine Thunder Gridman and King Gridman. Super Minipla has you covered.
    おしみ on Twitter

D0ahEmHU8AAJ32O[1].jpg D0ahFTnU0AIaehx[1].jpg

• Like Like x 1